Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Parasite cleanse- cleared 4-year Rosacea

My tongue is really not showing very good signs. Looks like more yeast or something.

http://i.imgur.com/aQAIwpw.jpg

Oh yikes.. yeah... So are you doing this treatment now? What it looks like is a detoxing tongue. Are you taking probiotics to replace the "good" bacteria your A.D.P. might be killing? Drinking lots of water? You might need to add the bentonite clay like DianaLynn suggested. You can also buy detox tea and most grocery stores. It most often has dandelion and/or milk thistle and helps flush the liver. You can really feel the difference if you are in need of it.

I started taking 4 ADP pills since... Monday? Or something.

I was going to start taking probiotics in a week or so. Does it matter what kind of probiotics I get?

Quote Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
    I started taking 4 ADP pills since... Monday? Or something.

I was going to start taking probiotics in a week or so. Does it matter what kind of probiotics I get?
    Yes, you need the count of active organisms to be in the Billions.. and have many different strains, not just acidophilus. It also matters a great deal at this point that you stay low carb. Don't feed the candida. It loves sugar.

So here's something interesting.

In the winter I did a low-carb diet (for rosacea). In a month I lost a lot of weight, so I ended up stopping because it's so hard for me to maintain a normal weight.

This time around I took the A.D.P. pills and went low-carb again for about 3 weeks. I was so worried at the amount of weight I was gonna lose.

I looked at the scale this morning, not only did I not lose weight - I gained a little bit. Maybe I had some kind of parasites that were attributing to my weight loss? Who knows, I guess I will finish the whole bottle and then take probiotics.

Hmmm, on my 2nd day of probiotics i've gotten worse.

My body is really tired, sluggish, and my rosacea flared up again.

I kind of want to go back to the A.D.P.

Default Update on treatment

I thought I should do a follow up post,as test results came back following treatment that may shed some light on this issue for others.
    After the oregano oil regimen, i tested negative for parasites. Necessary steps were taken to heal the immune system and keep unwanted bacterial colonies form thriving. It is important to note that one can still display symptoms until the immune system is fully healed. There is a juncture where more herbs is not the answer, but rebuilding is necessary.
    Here is a repeat of a post I did elsewhere, that you may find useful here. By the way, not to mislead, since my tests came back clear of parasites, that is not conclusive that that was the original issue. I wish I'd tested before doing the treatment. Bacteria can also be quite pathogenic if colonies are too large or have too many misfits.
    So, this original thread should more aptly be titled "oregano oil and GAPS Diet restore my health"

Repeat post on bacterial overgrowth:

I used oregano oil capsules alternating with one clove crushed garlic as an alternative to pharmaceutical antibiotics, ( these herbs are strong antibiotics) for bacterial overgrowth and other suspected pathogens. Oregano oil is also analgesic and anti inflammatory, as well as well as supportive to digestion. Both kill candida, so will not extirpate bacteria and leave you with collateral damage. Garlic does not kill lacto bacteria, so is quite supportive to digestion.
    In my case, this combo worked well in treating bacterial overgrowth. But bacterial Overgrowth will return if the gut/immune system is not fully healed. I think this is where treatment regimens can fail, by not being comprehensive or wholistic enough.
    Allopathic medicine blasts the system with pharmaceutical antibiotics that can cause extensive damage to the immune system and gut, temporarily removing bacteria, but also setting the stage for deeper illness.
    This search and destroy method is unlikely to be a genuine quick fix and we may require deeper understanding of the interrelationships of the entire body to fully heal.
    My bacterial overgrowth was antibiotic induced. Anything that damages the integrity of the gut or gut bacteria can set the stage for SIBO. Research is also linking GMO foods to gut inflammation and immune system dysfunction. One of the few question they ask when you go in for the hydrogen breath test is "Have You Used Antibiotics?"
    My Rosacea went away after the use of oregano oil, garlic and a specific carbohydrate diet that does not feed bacteria, but I still had to rebuild my system carefully and slowly through diet. Throughout the rebuild stage, my skin would flush very slightly if my bacteria counts went up or I ate something I was allergic to. Eventually, as the gut heals, the food allergies go away, along with the flushing, and the gut is healthier and less prone to bacterial overgrowth as the immune system improves.
    The quick fix mentality can lead to further damage/imbalance. It's a good idea to work with a naturopath who understands digestive and immune system issues.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Flushing type rosacea.
    Topicals- raw honey cleanser and facial, pure cold pressed Rosehip seed oil for moisturizer.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaLynn View Post
    I thought I should do a follow up post,as test results came back following treatment that may shed some light on this issue for others.
    After the oregano oil regimen, i tested negative for parasites. Necessary steps were taken to heal the immune system and keep unwanted bacterial colonies form thriving. It is important to note that one can still display symptoms until the immune system is fully healed. There is a juncture where more herbs is not the answer, but rebuilding is necessary.
    Here is a repeat of a post I did elsewhere, that you may find useful here. By the way, not to mislead, since my tests came back clear of parasites, that is not conclusive that that was the original issue. I wish I'd tested before doing the treatment. Bacteria can also be quite pathogenic if colonies are too large or have too many misfits.
    So, this original thread should more aptly be titled "oregano oil and GAPS Diet restore my health"

Repeat post on bacterial overgrowth:

I used oregano oil capsules alternating with one clove crushed garlic as an alternative to pharmaceutical antibiotics, ( these herbs are strong antibiotics) for bacterial overgrowth and other suspected pathogens. Oregano oil is also analgesic and anti inflammatory, as well as well as supportive to digestion. Both kill candida, so will not extirpate bacteria and leave you with collateral damage. Garlic does not kill lacto bacteria, so is quite supportive to digestion.
    In my case, this combo worked well in treating bacterial overgrowth. But bacterial Overgrowth will return if the gut/immune system is not fully healed. I think this is where treatment regimens can fail, by not being comprehensive or wholistic enough.
    Allopathic medicine blasts the system with pharmaceutical antibiotics that can cause extensive damage to the immune system and gut, temporarily removing bacteria, but also setting the stage for deeper illness.
    This search and destroy method is unlikely to be a genuine quick fix and we may require deeper understanding of the interrelationships of the entire body to fully heal.
    My bacterial overgrowth was antibiotic induced. Anything that damages the integrity of the gut or gut bacteria can set the stage for SIBO. Research is also linking GMO foods to gut inflammation and immune system dysfunction. One of the few question they ask when you go in for the hydrogen breath test is "Have You Used Antibiotics?"
    My Rosacea went away after the use of oregano oil, garlic and a specific carbohydrate diet that does not feed bacteria, but I still had to rebuild my system carefully and slowly through diet. Throughout the rebuild stage, my skin would flush very slightly if my bacteria counts went up or I ate something I was allergic to. Eventually, as the gut heals, the food allergies go away, along with the flushing, and the gut is healthier and less prone to bacterial overgrowth as the immune system improves.
    The quick fix mentality can lead to further damage/imbalance. It's a good idea to work with a naturopath who understands digestive and immune system issues.
    I REALLY appreciate your posts DianaLynn. I am not so concerned about rosacea any more, but my other health issues are really tuff to cope with so I stay here because other forum members are on this same track of healing their gut.

Default I appreciate your posts as well

For me reading these type threads and getting on diet plans and gut healing plans has made such a difference. I can say this without a doubt for the flushing factor- I never flush anymore- like very very rarely.

Anyway- great thread.

I have one question. anticandida diet and GAPS diet. What is the difference between this two diets?