Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Parasite cleanse- cleared 4-year Rosacea

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmoof View Post
    DianaLynn -

Can you share how you do the parasite cleanse? Or message me with it?

Thanks.
    Mrsmoof, first an update on what has and has not worked.
    so far, the only thing that has worked is the timed release Oregano by Biotics Research, called ADP.
    It runs about $32. Per bottle (120 tablets), on Amazon. You can buy cheaper oregano oil products, but they are not time release, so may not deliver as far into length of the intestine.
    Oregano only treats Protozoa and bacterial pathogens, whereas black walnut kills worms, and Artemesia does both.
    i believe the oregano is safe to experiment with if you build up slowly.

I did the oregano oil this way:
    Start with one or two capsules the first day, then slowly build up to doing 3-4 (I did 4), 3 times per day. Do the 12 capsules per day for 6 weeks.
    As with any cleanse, be sure the elimination is moving well. Use 1 tsp bentonite clay plus one Tablespoon psyllium in 12 oz water, before bed, to sweep out debris and lessen the die off.
    Now I wish I'd kept going, but at a lower dosage for the total 3 months, rather than switching to other herbs. I could have kept on that roll and avoided the weeklong allergic reaction I had to another remedy, which required me to pause my treatment.

I believe the remedy with Black Walnut Hull gave me an allergic reaction (nuts), although it was a broader spectrum remedy as mentioned in my first post. The allergic reaction caused a puffy red face for me.
    So I am trying to decide whether to go back to Oregano oil. Hmm, will consult with my Doc right away.
    Again, the book Healing With Whole Foods by Pitchford has a extensive section on how to design a plan for your specific constitution.
    That said, I am thinking perhaps the oregano may possibly have a direct effect on Rosacea, as it not only destroys bacterial pathogens, but is an anti-inflammatory and an anti-histiamine as well.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Flushing type rosacea.
    Topicals- raw honey cleanser and facial, pure cold pressed Rosehip seed oil for moisturizer.

Well darn it DianaLynn, I'm sorry you had this set back. Allergic reactions are no fun at all. I hope you are alright and suffer no lasting effects from this.

Just to let you know I have been taking large doses of a "garlic parsley" supplement and an "oregano oil" supplement this week and plan to add in cloves next, then wormwood, then black walnut a few days after that. I am building up slow so my stomach and body does ok with this level of a cleanse. I appreciate you mentioned using the detox support of bentonite clay. I will be sure to do so as well. I have increased my probiotics and plan to use this trick if I get into trouble. Listen To Your Gut

I'll keep you posted.

I'm wondering if my rosacea is also parasite related. My husband bought a large bag of diatomaceous earth, and the whole family, animals included, are going to start taking it daily. I'm hesitant to take herbs, since I am nursing a baby. The DE is safe for bf, as far as I can tell. After reading about demodex, I'm thinking about also doing a DE mask. Anyway, DE works by physically killing microbes, bacteria, parasites, etc. because of it's crystalline structure (it's mostly silica, which is needed for general health as well), rather than by poisoning.

Wish me luck!

Oh, a little more about my condition... it started about five years ago, when I was nursing my older son. When I stopped nursing him at 2 years I went on Doryx, which cleared me up immediately, and I maintained with half a pill daily. The condition returned when I stopped the medication because of my second pregnancy. I've been horrible at keeping up with topical treatments. I was prescribed Finacea, but mostly I use Herb Witch Ointment (my herbalist friends' concoction - honey, propolis, yarrow, comfrey, etc.), which helps if I am good about remembering to put it on twice a day. (Google Arcane By Nature, if anyone is interested)
    Last edited by sidhe; 11th March 2013 at 03:31 PM.

Diatomaceous earth has many industrial uses and very is very variable in quality. Is the grade your husband bought suitable in this respect e.g pharmaceutical and sterilised? The latter is very important to avoid the presence of viable pathogens which easily infect materials like this and which can have devastating effects on your health.

If you are in any doubt, spread the powder on to a baking sheet and oven bake at a fairly high temperature. This process can help with the absorptive properties as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sidhe View Post
    I'm wondering if my rosacea is also parasite related. My husband bought a large bag of diatomaceous earth, and the whole family, animals included, are going to start taking it daily. I'm hesitant to take herbs, since I am nursing a baby. The DE is safe for bf, as far as I can tell. After reading about demodex, I'm thinking about also doing a DE mask. Anyway, DE works by physically killing microbes, bacteria, parasites, etc. because of it's crystalline structure (it's mostly silica, which is needed for general health as well), rather than by poisoning.

Wish me luck!

Oh, a little more about my condition... it started about five years ago, when I was nursing my older son. When I stopped nursing him at 2 years I went on Doryx, which cleared me up immediately, and I maintained with half a pill daily. The condition returned when I stopped the medication because of my second pregnancy. I've been horrible at keeping up with topical treatments. I was prescribed Finacea, but mostly I use Herb Witch Ointment (my herbalist friends' concoction - honey, propolis, yarrow, comfrey, etc.), which helps if I am good about remembering to put it on twice a day. (Google Arcane By Nature, if anyone is interested)

Hi! Welcome to the forum. Thank you for your comments. Very informative. Good thinking with the DE!

Thanks also to you, John. You make an excellent point. I will do as you suggest.

Yes, it is food grade DE.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaLynn View Post
    That said, I am thinking perhaps the oregano may possibly have a direct effect on Rosacea, as it not only destroys bacterial pathogens, but is an anti-inflammatory and an anti-histiamine as well.
    I just got the A.D.P. as well, but 12 capsules a day? I've been doing 3 per day, the bottle says between 3-4.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
    I just got the A.D.P. as well, but 12 capsules a day? I've been doing 3 per day, the bottle says between 3-4.
    Hi Vovin,
    The 12 capsules per day was for suspected Protozoa infection. I don't believe it's necessary to do that much otherwise. I think you may do well to follow the manufacturers instructions and see if your body responds.
    Also having a similar antibacterial/anti pathogenic affect is raw crushed garlic, and you may want to alternate these. Garlic is inexpensive and effective. Simply crush one clove and take with meals, 1-3 times per day, as tolerated. Always start off slow. Do not heat it, just add it to food at the end of a meal or mix with a shot of body temp or cool water. Heat destroys its efficacy, and it Must be crushed.
    I' did get tests done recently, and show no Protozoa infection, but this alone does not prove that was the problem. I tested very high for too much bacteria in my gut, and the oregano oil brings these counts down as I address this with diet- keeping specific carbohydrate foods out of my diet and healing my gut, which is clearly where the inflammation is coming from for me. I combine the garlic and oregano interchangeably while on the GAPS Diet. If. You suspect digestive issues. this is an effective way to totally heal the gut, whether the issue came from Protozoa, Bactria, poor diet, or antibiotic use. The garlic and oregano oil is actually a well integrated part of this diet designed by a doctor. Keep in mind, that if you do have gut issues that involve permeability of the gut, this must be dealt with to fully heal, and again, diet would have to be addressed., or the issues and Rosacea may just come back.
    Back to the oregano oil, large doses for short periods of time did not seem to bother my very allergenic system, in fact, most allergies were dramatically reduced. Keep in mind, oregano an antibiotic, albeit a natural one. So be sure to use probiotics after a few weeks of use, say 2 or 3 weeks, to replace the good flora. I find that it good to kill pathogens for a period of time Before introducing probiotics.I make a 24 hour ferment yogurt and it works wonders. Most store bought yogurt is a 6 hour ferment, so people like me who can not tolerate milk, it is not an option. It's easy to make, I also make raw sauerkraut. The best over the counter probiotic I have found is a high end 5 year ferment, live bacteria one called Doctor Ohhira's. I can feel the difference with this one, and others I have tried were entirely ineffective.
    Good luck, Vovin!
    Diana
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Flushing type rosacea.
    Topicals- raw honey cleanser and facial, pure cold pressed Rosehip seed oil for moisturizer.

Thanks for the info.

Did you notice any breakouts in the first few days of starting the cleanse?

Quote Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
    Thanks for the info.

Did you notice any breakouts in the first few days of starting the cleanse?
    No reactions to the oregano oil per se. But I ramped up slowly. A die off can cause any number of symptoms, including temporary worsening of existing symptoms. If more inflammation does occur in the skin, you may want to drink some bentonite clay in water, as mentioned in earlier post. Yerba Prima, or whatever your health food store has, mixed with water as per directions on bottle, will carry away toxins after a die off. It is both cooling and anti inflammatory.
    But I have found oregano oil to generally deal with it alone. Drink lots of water.
    Also, bone broth is extremely anti inflammatory and nurturing. It tends to help keep pathogens from adhering to the intestinal wall.
    Again, you can maximize the effects by sticking with correct diet.
    Flushing type rosacea.