Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Parasite cleanse- cleared 4-year Rosacea

Lightbulb Parasite cleanse- cleared 4-year Rosacea

After 10 days into my treatment, my heat condition with flushing type Rosacea completely cleared up and has remained stable for 2 months now. I do not flush from carbs, and my skin looks clear and pale after 4 years of rosacea. I feel more energetic and stable and am gaining much needed weight back.
    Before starting the herbs to clear parasites, I had had very good results by staying on a carb-regulated diet that rebuilds the GI tract, but not quite a full recovery. My naturopath put me on the Body Ecology Diet, suspecting I had excess candida that was causing possible gut dysbioses and the flushing. After 6 months on the diet, there was still a bit of excess heat, slightly pink skin off and on, and a bit of flushing if I tried to eat carbs such as potato or winter squash, and fruits. The continued symptoms had my doctor and I suspecting there may be other pathogens besides candida. Parasites and pathogenic bacteria can cause a reaction to carbs. They feed directly on carbs and cause GI tract inflammation, gut dysbiosis, heat conditions and possibly flushing or skin issues. Diet alone will not purge parasites and all pathogens.
    There are only a couple labs in the country that specialize in parasite testing-mostly diagnosing intestinal varieties, and a negative result is not conclusive but may require further inquiry. So, my naturopath and I decided to go ahead and try the herbal treatment method for parasites. It is much safer and effective in treating chronic cases and has fewer if any side effects.
    One can have parasites and be entirely asymptomatic, only displaying symptoms after a period of stress or after a round of antibiotics is used. Antibiotics cause an imbalance in the gut ecology so pathogens can thrive.
    I drank rural spring well water, swam and washed dishes and likely drank mountain water that was known to have amaoeba/giardia and had never done a parasite cleanse. Giardia and other amoeba cysts are not killed by chlorine so can be picked up from public tap water also.
    We suspected some sort of water borne parasite so I chose high doses of timed release Oregano oil capsules by Biotics Research. This choice was made in part because I cannot tolerate complicated multi-ingredient remedies, and for its strong anti-inflammatory action, and it kills a broad spectrum of parasites, not just amoeba. The protocol is to take 4 capsules three times per day for six weeks. I also drank a tea of Oregon Grape Root twice daily.There are other equally effective and less expensive methods than oregano oil capsules. I understand Chaparro Amargosa tincture will also treat all amoeba, and Oregon Grape Root alone has been known to cure giardiasis.
    Traditional Chinese Medicine recognizes chronic parasite infection as a condition that requires long term treatment, (3 -4 months). My favorite guidebook by naturopath Paul Pitchford also recommends several cycles of treatments, rotating herbs. His book also offers several Parasite Purge plans that address different constitutions, as well as the proper diet to have during the treatment to maximize efficacy. Protocols for rebuilding after clearing parasites is also included. You can see a review I did of his book: HEALING WITH WHOLE FOODS if you go to my other posts.
    To continue my treatment according to protocols for chronic parasites, I am taking a very balanced Chinese remedy my naturopath gave me called Thunder Pearls. I will be using just Neem Leaf capsules and continuing with the Oregon Grape Root for my last month., for a total of three months of treatment.
    I cannot emphasize enough how important it is to not expect a quick fix for chronic conditions,to use proper dosages for the required amount of time before deciding if a method is working or not. Also, be careful not to rely on internet posts, including mine, but to check with proper sources before beginning a treatment. Pitchfords 700 page book (cited above) is an excellent starting point and may become an indispensable reference for you. My Naturopath regards this as a reliable reference.

Side-note: the antibiotic Flagyl is the allopathic method for dealing with many parasites, but has not proven to be highly effective in chronic nor in all cases. Multiple dosages are considered dangerous, and you would definitely want to have a confirmed clinical diagnosis before taking it.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Flushing type rosacea.
    Topicals- raw honey cleanser and facial, pure cold pressed Rosehip seed oil for moisturizer.

What a delight this thread is! Not that the topic is a delight.. but you know what I mean. LOL Thank you so much for the info you shared. Please do tell us any thing else you might know on the topic.

There is very good evidence that parasites are involved in many disease states like Lymes disease, such as MS, diabetes, and on and on.. Because they are complex with life cycles that can take months in completely different forms and symptoms, they are ofter missed as the cause of the suffering.

This might also be of interest. How to Construct a Blood Electrifier Circuit following Dr. Beck

Who is your naturopath? Does he/she work with people online? I am interested. I always thought my rosacea might be gut related.

Quote Originally Posted by ltown123456789 View Post
    Who is your naturopath? Does he/she work with people online? I am interested. I always thought my rosacea might be gut related.
    I see Dr. Hollis in Randolph, VT. You may do well to find someone locally by calling to inquire with naturopaths about their capability in treating parasites and gut dysbiosis.
    We have actually devised this treatment plan together- the herbs we used were my idea, that I ran by him
    ( except for the Chinese herbs-Thunder Pearls). The Chinese herbs and neem didn't seem as effective as the Oregano oil, so I went back to the Oregano oil for another 10 days, then will be finishing the treatment with one to two months of treatment with a herbal complex from Sunstarorganics.com called Expel All, that has a well rounded list of ingredients as follows:
    Chaparro Amargosa, black walnut hull, clove bud, wormwood and oregano. This is a well rounded recipe that is taken for 10 days on and five days for 3- 9 cycles. This complex is for Protozoa, as well as worms and flukes.
    If you have gut dysbiosis as well, the gut will need to be healed for the process to be complete, though it can heal on its own given time once the parasites or pathogenic bacteria are gone. My doctor prescribed a product with L Glutamine and slippery elm, I used one from Allergy research Group called Perma Vite, that helps seal the gut
    I will check in again at the end of the treatment to let you know how it worked. My plan is to get tested at a lab called Diagnostech when I am done. Great Smokies Lab is another reputable lab.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Flushing type rosacea.
    Topicals- raw honey cleanser and facial, pure cold pressed Rosehip seed oil for moisturizer.

[QUOTE=Starlite;278129]What a delight this thread is! Not that the topic is a delight.. but you know what I mean. LOL Thank you so much for the info you shared. Please do tell us any thing else you might know on the topic.

There is very good evidence that parasites are involved in many disease states like Lymes disease, such as MS, diabetes, and on and on.. Because they are complex with life cycles that can take months in completely different forms and symptoms, they are ofter missed as the cause of the topic.

Starlite, yes, the topic is somewhat complex and curiously our allopathic system does not offer many treatment protocols for it. In many other countries including Japan, most of Asia, and Mexico, parasite cleanses are done with herbs twice yearly. The toxic allopathic medicines like Falgy often do enough collateral damage, that you would never use them prophalcttically. That said, herbs are strong medicine and some can be toxic if dosage or duration is not correct, though most are quite safe.
    Paul Pitchford "Healing With Whole Foods," recommends doing a cleanse onece or twice yearly just for maintainence, which is where I got my information that I then ran by my naturopath. Pitchfords approach seems well thought out, and he is an experienced practitioner.
    Flushing type rosacea.

[QUOTE=DianaLynn;278300]
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlite View Post
    Starlite, yes, the topic is somewhat complex and curiously our allopathic system does not offer many treatment protocols for it. In many other countries including Japan, most of Asia, and Mexico, parasite cleanses are done with herbs twice yearly. The toxic allopathic medicines like Falgy often do enough collateral damage, that you would never use them prophalcttically. That said, herbs are strong medicine and some can be toxic if dosage or duration is not correct, though most are quite safe.
    Paul Pitchford "Healing With Whole Foods," recommends doing a cleanse onece or twice yearly just for maintainence, which is where I got my information that I then ran by my naturopath. Pitchfords approach seems well thought out, and he is an experienced practitioner.

Really? I was not aware that other countries practice parasites cleanses on a regular basis. It makes perfect sense to me.. now.. I wish I could afford to see a Naturopath. I have every confidence we can muttle through better on our own then going to a mainstream Doc for stuff like this though.

YES, please do keep us up dated as you work through this. This is a topic I am very passionate about right now.

For the record, comprehensive GI tract and parasite testing runs about $250. Through Diagnos-techs.
    My Dr. recommends this before taking any herbs or allopathic Meds, if one can afford it.
    Flushing type rosacea.

DianaLynn -

Can you share how you do the parasite cleanse? Or message me with it?

Thanks.
    Doug

Default ParaGone

Has anyone tried using the product ParaGone? If so, did it help?
    Doug

Hi Doug! It has all the right stuff in it. The core theme for a parasite cleanse is black walnut, wormwood, and cloves. Then each one has different additional herbs that add in the cleansing and healing of the gut. I have not done this. My stomach has been too sensitive to keep at it long enough. My daughter was using cocoanut oil and black walnut and lost 35 Lbs doing it!