Thread: Pores on Nose and Face Gigantic after starting Accutane (isotretinoin) 10 mg ED

Default Pores on Nose and Face Gigantic after starting Accutane (isotretinoin) 10 mg ED

I am on day 18 of accutane 10 mg a day. I did not have much acne to start, but the pores on my nose became gigantic by around day 10. I mean, the pores have literally tripled in size and are noticeable in the mirror from a distance as big black holes on my nose and front of my face. Has anyone else experienced this? When can I expect it to go away?

My big worry is that I have done irreparable damage and pemanently enlarged my pores with this drug so that even if I quit now, I will be left with much bigger pores than when I started.
    Last edited by Unterleigen; 31st January 2013 at 06:47 PM.

Default accutane

Quote Originally Posted by Unterleigen View Post
    I am on day 18 of accutane 10 mg a day. I did not have much acne to start, but the pores on my nose became gigantic by around day 10. I mean, the pores have literally tripled in size and are noticeable in the mirror from a distance as big black holes on my nose and front of my face. Has anyone else experienced this? When can I expect it to go away?

My big worry is that I have done irreparable damage and pemanently enlarged my pores with this drug so that even if I quit now, I will be left with much bigger pores than when I started.

Default accutane

Would like to know are your pores still noticeable. I started accutane Nov 21, 2012 and never had enlarged pores until now. What dose are you taking and how frequently. I started at 80 mg daily for two weeks until i changed my dose to 40 every 3 days, then went to derm and had it decreased to 20mg than now take 10mg twice weekly. I am frustrated with this accutane.

Quote Originally Posted by Unterleigen View Post

Default Smaller, actually

When I was on accutane, my pores got smaller because my skin stopped producing as much oil. My skin became really smooth. I guess it can just have very different effects on certain skin types. My pore size returned to normal after the medication wore off, so your pores may return to their original size as well.