Thread: Seb Derm Honey treatment with pics

Default Seb Derm Honey treatment with pics

Well this is my first post to this forum as I just became a member. Well to be honest this is my first post to any forum ever I am 32 and i have been living with SD since about 18. i found this post on the honey treatment...

http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...-Advice-please.

...and it is so old that I thought I would start another thread as I am going to start this honey treatment today. Now if i am posting in the wrong place or doing anything incorrectly please let me know as I know there are rules to Forums and i don't want to break them. Just a quick background about me: I have had SD for years now. If I could trace it back to anything I would say it was when I was a life guard in high school. I got second degree burns on my face when I was training due to the sun exposure and the fact that I was tacking... Yeah you guessed it... ACCUTANE!! at the time. Well soon after that I developed the SD and haven't looked back. I actually went years before finding a Dermatologist that gave me Ketoconozole and Desonide which at the time I thought were miracles considering they cleared me up so well. Well fast forward 14 years later STILL looking for the answer to my SD nightmare. It breaks out almost every other day and only recently did I discover this "Honey Treatment" which I am praying has good results with me as well.

So here we go hoping and praying this works and if it does and my following of it helps at least one person it will be worth it. My break out to day is not too severe as I used the Ketoconozole and Desonide mix on Thursday Jan. 24th 2012 and it is now Jan. 29th 2012 so you can see how long that stuff lasts now not to mention I am putting a steroid on my face! I am going to follow the regime from the thread posted above minus the Virgin Coconut oil for now. I actually have some EVCO but I want to start slow with just the Honey for now. If anyone has any suggestions, has ever done this before with or without success or just wants to ask or add anything please post to your hearts content. I remember when I never had this and my skin was so clear all the time. Now I cannot even go in the sun for over an hour without sunscreen without this stuff reeking havoc on my face. I should also note that I don't get it really behind my ears as some do i only have it where you see the pics. So again if you have any suggestions I am open to them. Wish me luck...

IMG_20130129_170027 2.jpgIMG_20130129_170053 2.jpgIMG_20130129_170119 2.jpgIMG_20130129_170146 2.jpg

Greetings and welcome!

Good luck with your adventures in raw honey. May I ask why you are leaving the cocoanut oil out of the program? I suggest it's a critical component in making this treatment work. Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Starlite View Post
    Greetings and welcome!

Good luck with your adventures in raw honey. May I ask why you are leaving the cocoanut oil out of the program? I suggest it's a critical component in making this treatment work. Just my two cents.
    Hey there thanks for the hello The only reason I was leaving the EVCO out was because in the past I have used it solo and have had poor results with it. It interests me that you said you feel it is a critical part of the program does this mean you have tried this program and if so what results have you had? I don't mind using it I just wanted to monitor the Honey alone as that is what they used in the actual study with what seems to be great success. Honestly using the honey is very wonderful IMO I have not been able to wash my face with anything in YEARS because it is so sensitive so the honey seems to moisturize it as well as cool the itchy, flakey mess it will become although it is only my first day but I rather enjoyed the honey mask. The only con I would say is the stickiness of it. I hope so much this works... I have dealt with this for so long now and it is just terrible. One problem that is bothering me is that I have VERY VERY harsh water where I live I bought a filter for my shower and i am working on getting a water softener as soon as I can but for now I use bottled water for the treatment. I am going to go tomorrow and pic up some gallon waters from my local grocery store to use for this so i will have clean fresh water to wash my face and add to the honey. So again thanks for saying hi and good luck and if think I should do the coconut oil let me know.

Default Update on Honey mask...

Well it is 10:40pm and I just wiped off my first honey mask. It felt really good on my skin other than the sticky part. I will continue with the updates and photos twice a week and I am vowing never to put that damn Ketoconozole and Desonide on again as long as I am on this program I will wait it out and hope for the best. In the mean time I will continue to about the proper steps to take in this journey. Any help out there will be so GREATLY appreciated.

Default The BANE of my existence!! Day 3 no 2 no 3...

Well it is day 3 technically as it is 5 in the morning and I woke up with my face just killing me. Last night was my none honey day and I actually did nothing at all for my face. My face has definitely gotten worse more red itching terribly and very dry and cracking. O how I hate this stuff!! I actually cannot wait for tonight when I apply the honey, I never thought I would say this but it is very hard not to resort to the steroid cream as that gives me so much relief and cures it so well in just a couple of days. But I will stick to my guns as I said I would and at least give this honey a fair shot. I am going to implement some other things into my daily routine to see if they help such as eating better and much much more exercise. As of right now I am way too stagnate and I know the exercise will do me good the only problem I am running into is that if I go outside at all i have to wear sunscreen or my face gets ridiculous. I hope the sunscreen does not effect the honey treatment results at all because it is a part of my life I cannot avoid. With the diet I am going to cut out all sugar and processed food simple carbs etc. I have been watching some raw eaters on YouTube and think that could be a good route for me as I understand that this is "Fungus" "Yeast" related. A friend of my mothers had a yeast infection in her eye that the doctor continued to give her the same medicine for, it would get rid of the yeast infection but then it would come right back. the only thing that got rid of it and kept it away is an almost no carb diet especially processed. She said that seemed to be the only way to keep it away, naturally she lost some weight from it as well. Anyway I thought I would rant a bit and share my progress or lack there of, but it is only day 3 so I am not trying to be ridiculous or anything I am just worried because if this doesn't work then it is back to Steroid and Fungus cream... GREAT I made a jar of my honey water mix so I wouldn't have to prepare it every time I do it. I used 10 ounces of Honey and 1 ounce of water for the correct ratio. This way I want try to not do it, do to the fact that I have to make the concoction every time, I just shake it up spoon it and go. I got the honey from my dad who got it from a local farmer here in GA my dad contacted and asked him if they heated it in any way and he said no it is 100% Raw unheated he said that they only sterilized the jars by heating them before they put the honey in. Anyway if anyone is reading this and doing there own honey treatment or has done it let me know how it is or did turn out.

IMG_20130131_013841.jpgIMG_20130131_013851.jpgIMG_20130131_013909.jpg

Default It worked GREAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Beebullbrox View Post
    Well it is day 3 technically as it is 5 in the morning and I woke up with my face just killing me. Last night was my none honey day and I actually did nothing at all for my face. My face has definitely gotten worse more red itching terribly and very dry and cracking. O how I hate this stuff!! I actually cannot wait for tonight when I apply the honey, I never thought I would say this but it is very hard not to resort to the steroid cream as that gives me so much relief and cures it so well in just a couple of days. But I will stick to my guns as I said I would and at least give this honey a fair shot. I am going to implement some other things into my daily routine to see if they help such as eating better and much much more exercise. As of right now I am way too stagnate and I know the exercise will do me good the only problem I am running into is that if I go outside at all i have to wear sunscreen or my face gets ridiculous. I hope the sunscreen does not effect the honey treatment results at all because it is a part of my life I cannot avoid. With the diet I am going to cut out all sugar and processed food simple carbs etc. I have been watching some raw eaters on YouTube and think that could be a good route for me as I understand that this is "Fungus" "Yeast" related. A friend of my mothers had a yeast infection in her eye that the doctor continued to give her the same medicine for, it would get rid of the yeast infection but then it would come right back. the only thing that got rid of it and kept it away is an almost no carb diet especially processed. She said that seemed to be the only way to keep it away, naturally she lost some weight from it as well. Anyway I thought I would rant a bit and share my progress or lack there of, but it is only day 3 so I am not trying to be ridiculous or anything I am just worried because if this doesn't work then it is back to Steroid and Fungus cream... GREAT I made a jar of my honey water mix so I wouldn't have to prepare it every time I do it. I used 10 ounces of Honey and 1 ounce of water for the correct ratio. This way I want try to not do it, do to the fact that I have to make the concoction every time, I just shake it up spoon it and go. I got the honey from my dad who got it from a local farmer here in GA my dad contacted and asked him if they heated it in any way and he said no it is 100% Raw unheated he said that they only sterilized the jars by heating them before they put the honey in. Anyway if anyone is reading this and doing there own honey treatment or has done it let me know how it is or did turn out.

IMG_20130131_013841.jpgIMG_20130131_013851.jpgIMG_20130131_013909.jpg
    I had suffered for months with nasty dermatitis/eczema/roscea ... ugly, scaly, patchy, itchy, flaky skin all over face, nose, eyelids, behind my ears. I was strict with this protocol of raw honey and non-chlorinated water for 3 hours every other day ... ALONG WITH, probiotics, omega 3s and vitamin D. It worked! REALLY WELL! I had perfect skin for months until I was moving and got off my routine for a couple of months. I'm in the process of going thru the month long treatment again ... so needless to say I will be sure to stay on the supplements and do the honey treatment every couple of weeks. But it worked! and really well.