Thread: Rosacea Skin disorders are 100 percent environment/lifestyle/diet

Default Rosacea Skin disorders are 100 percent environment/lifestyle/diet

Yes there is a genetic component to all this stuff. But I can guarantee if we all still lived a natural hunter gatherer lifestyle of our ancestors none of these conditions would exist. Now some of the causes are pollution and toxic chemicals in our environment which are pretty much impossible to avoid. Since most people with this condition our white it is more natural for them to live in colder environment( northern europe) with a more of a low carb meat based diet. White people didn't evolve in hot sunny environments, which can't help these conditions. Basically what im saying is rosacea/acne/dermatits wasn't happening to our ancestors 10,000+ years ago. I just try to live more natural lifestyle and diet and hope it helps but I feel its mostly due to pollution in the air and environment, some are just more susceptible then others.

I suffer with this and just hope everyone can find a solution to their problem.

That's a fairly likely theory and I have heard others very similar to it. But if much of it is caused by pollution, do you have any idea how we could go about treating it since we can't just completely avoid pollution all together?

Default Re: Rosacea Skin disorders are 100 percent environment/lifestyle/diet

Couldn't agree with you more, my skin has felt like normal skin about a month after overhauling my diet. The few times it has become inflamed was because I was cheating with grain alcohol (curiously my standard drink of seltzer w/lime and a shot of 100% agave tequila hasn't bothered me yet) It's a shame i didn't know sooner, maybe if I did I wouldn't have all this permanent redness from years of being inflamed

I also agree!

This user has been banned from this forum

I 100% agree also ....

because those 3 factors are also your triggers ..............

Finally someone who sees the picture..

This is something of a sweeping statement and personally, I don't agree.

We see so much variation in symptoms and effective treatments from person to person that I can't help but believe that the causes are similarly varied. It's even been suggested that 'rosacea' is simply a catch-all term for several entirely different conditions, which makes sense to me.

Actually, in nearly 6 years of suffering (and believe me, suffering is the word!) I've struggled to identify ANY cast iron triggers for my symptoms, and I've heard several other sufferers of so-called Papulopustular "rosacea" say likewise.

If you changed the percentage to something lower than 100 I'd probably agree though.....!

I think you've hit it spot on bud. That truly the bigger picture of it all. The problem is trying to live like that in this day and age and also try and work out which one of these lifestyle changes caused the disease. Diet? Stress? Pollution? Allergies? I personally believe stress to be the biggest influence. 24 hour Stress that hunter gatherers would have never experienced (think long job hours, work stress, social stress, constant use of electronics etc).

Can i ask what symptoms you have? As i feel in this forum we're just running around in circles as many of us have completely different problems going on that just results in the same red face.

This user has been banned from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by philmitchel View Post
    I think you've hit it spot on bud. That truly the bigger picture of it all. The problem is trying to live like that in this day and age and also try and work out which one of these lifestyle changes caused the disease. Diet? Stress? Pollution? Allergies? I personally believe stress to be the biggest influence. 24 hour Stress that hunter gatherers would have never experienced (think long job hours, work stress, social stress, constant use of electronics etc).

Can i ask what symptoms you have? As i feel in this forum we're just running around in circles as many of us have completely different problems going on that just results in the same red face.
    very good post mate ..........