Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to find lower cost option to Clinique Redness Solutions

Default Trying to find lower cost option to Clinique Redness Solutions

Hi All,

I suffer from mild rosacea, seb derm and hypersentivity and probably like everyone on here, have struggled for ages with my skin. The Clinique Redness range seems to help, although my skin can still be very flaky and spotty at various times in the month and I have flare ups after every shower pretty much, despite showering almost in the cold these days.

Anyhow, my question is, can anyone recommend another range of skincare products that they feel are as good as the Clinique range, but less pricey? I'm spending around 30 to 50 a month and just feel that there must be other products available that aren't quite so pricey.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

many thanks in advance
    Paula

If you really want to put hydrocortisone cream on your face then a much cheaper way of doing this is to buy it under its proper name and not pay greatly over the odds for having the Clinique name on the container.

Personally I don't think hydrocortisone should go anywhere near the face - and I think a number of other rosaceans would agree.

Gosh, I had no idea it had hydrocortisone in it... Really? Well I'll have to stop using it then as its supposed to be damaging isn't it?

Any other recommendations?

I really like Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer. It contains feverfew, which has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties. I love it.
    Regards
    Queta
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Have you tried CeraVe products? I use the hydrating wash and it settles my skin like nothing else. It repairs the skins natural barrier and moisturizes. I generally use a eucerin sunblock/moisturizer for sensitive skin (30spf)with zinc in it daily without any redness. The zinc supposedly calms the skin. Have not tried the CeraVe daytime moisturizer myself, but they are also very rosacea friendly and derm recommended. I use the PM nightime moisturizer and love it, it has niacimide(sp?) in it which is anti inflammatory amongst other things. Its available in most drugstores and online at amazon. Very well priced.

I have come to depend on the face wash, my skin gets red without it. I think keeping properly moisturized in a huge part of keeping redness under control. I cannot do without it.
    Last edited by Gingerone; 9th January 2013 at 06:12 AM.

Default No hydrocortisone in uk version

Quote Originally Posted by johnabetts View Post
    If you really want to put hydrocortisone cream on your face then a much cheaper way of doing this is to buy it under its proper name and not pay greatly over the odds for having the Clinique name on the container.

Personally I don't think hydrocortisone should go anywhere near the face - and I think a number of other rosaceans would agree.
    Hi, just been reading more about this as it didn't seem to add up. I only use the daily relief cream which definitely doesn't have cortisone in it. The urgent relief cream does, but only in the US. Hydocortisone is deemed as a medicine in the UK and therefore can't be bought over the counter.

All that said, trying out some new creams and cleansers and so far so good. Complex 11 is t. Fab stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by queta View Post
    I really like Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer. It contains feverfew, which has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties. I love it.
    Regards
    Queta
    Thanks very much for the tip. Will give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerone View Post
    Have you tried CeraVe products? I use the hydrating wash and it settles my skin like nothing else. It repairs the skins natural barrier and moisturizes. I generally use a eucerin sunblock/moisturizer for sensitive skin (30spf)with zinc in it daily without any redness. The zinc supposedly calms the skin. Have not tried the CeraVe daytime moisturizer myself, but they are also very rosacea friendly and derm recommended. I use the PM nightime moisturizer and love it, it has niacimide(sp?) in it which is anti inflammatory amongst other things. Its available in most drugstores and online at amazon. Very well priced.

I have come to depend on the face wash, my skin gets red without it. I think keeping properly moisturized in a huge part of keeping redness under control. I cannot do without it.
    Hi gingerone, thanks for the tip, will try these out too. Complex 15 cream and aquanil cleanser seem to be working a treat so far. Will see what happens when I have one of my flaky dry bouts and a flare up! Thanks again for the advice, much appreciated.

pil, two points:

1. I have (or had) no idea where you are based so I assumed the USA where most of forum members reside and where hydrocortisone is contained in some Clinique products. I suppose I should have noticed your use of the sign, but I didn't.

These Clinique products containing hydrocortisone are available on line in the UK through Amazon UK and from eBay UK.

2. Hydrocortisone cream up to 1% concentration is available over the counter in the UK.
    Last edited by johnabetts; 19th January 2013 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnabetts View Post
    pil, two points:

1. I have (or had) no idea where you are based so I assumed the USA where most of forum members reside and where hydrocortisone is contained in some Clinique products. I suppose I should have noticed your use of the sign, but I didn't.

These Clinique products containing hydrocortisone are available on line in the UK through Amazon UK and from eBay UK.

2. Hydrocortisone cream up to 1% concentration is available over the counter in the UK.
    Hi John, your response sounds a little surly if I'm honest as did your first response. I assumed that you knew I was from the uk as I mentioned rather than $. Certainly meant no offence to you anyway.

Whether hydrocortisone can be bought over the counter or not, it is not an ingredient in the uk version of the Clinique urgent relief cream anyway.

You never did offer any advice btw. Just mild aggression.