Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I am clear: my Rifaximin/Ivermectin experience

Default I am clear: my Rifaximin/Ivermectin experience

12 weeks ago I started a six day treatment with Rifaximin. It is not on the ordinary pharmaceutical lists here in Norway, but openminded doctors can import it on demand, wich they did on the holistic clinik Balderklinikken. The Rifaximin brandname is Normix. After only two days on the pills the bumps started disappearing and the red dots fading. It also had a good effect on my stomach, having had problems with Candida albicans overgrowth for three years. After three days I had my first experience with ”crawling ants” all over my head, and on the fourth day my forehead started looking like it had a heavy sunburn, red and hard, lizardlike. And it started flaking and itching.
    But I had a feeling this was working, so after the first six days I had to wait two days for a new prescription (weekend), during which the sunburn disappeared, but not the flaking. The next six days the crawling ants returned but not the sunburn. And gradually some of the red dots returned, but not the bumps.
    Then a box of ZZ-cream arrived from Hong Kong, I applied it for three days and then took a break. Lots of small p&p´s appeared, it felt more like dieoff than a new outbreak. Then followed a week of really heavy flaking on the forehead, almost unreal. I had to apply skinlotion two, three times an hour. And then, after a week it suddenly cleared.
    My skin looked much better but still had some red dots, so I kept going. I had bought a 50 ml bottle of Ivermectin from a vet (Ivomec vet, injectable 10 mg/ml) and started applying this to my skalp, forhead and face every night before bed. My skin imediately became dry, smooth and very pleasant to touch. The funny thing is that p&p started appearing on my neck, as if mites were fleeing downwards in hordes. But after a week of Ivomec on my neck as well they vanished. And now, a month later they are still gone, my skin is better than ever, dry and smooth. There is an occasional red dot without a bump here and there, but it does not stay for long.

I applied Ivermectin everey day for two weeks, then every second day for two weeks, then every third day. And I will just keep going, the bottle seems to last for ever (I extract the liquid from the bottle with a syringe through the rubber cap. I then put it in a cup and apply it to my skin with a finger). And the Ivermectin is not half as unpleasant to use as the zz-cream.

I am not sure what actually worked, maybe a combination. I have previously tried tetracycline, which worked, but i think it only treated symtoms. When I stopped taking it the p&p´s returned imediately. And so did the Candida problems. Sadly that happened after the Rifaximin-treatment also. So now I am taking care of that with Mycostatin, but with a pale, smooth and smiling face.

Quote Originally Posted by Roan View Post
    12 weeks ago I started a six day treatment with Rifaximin. It is not on the ordinary pharmaceutical lists here in Norway, but openminded doctors can import it on demand, wich they did on the holistic clinik Balderklinikken. The Rifaximin brandname is Normix. After only two days on the pills the bumps started disappearing and the red dots fading. It also had a good effect on my stomach, having had problems with Candida albicans overgrowth for three years. After three days I had my first experience with ”crawling ants” all over my head, and on the fourth day my forehead started looking like it had a heavy sunburn, red and hard, lizardlike. And it started flaking and itching.
    But I had a feeling this was working, so after the first six days I had to wait two days for a new prescription (weekend), during which the sunburn disappeared, but not the flaking. The next six days the crawling ants returned but not the sunburn. And gradually some of the red dots returned, but not the bumps.
    Then a box of ZZ-cream arrived from Hong Kong, I applied it for three days and then took a break. Lots of small p&p´s appeared, it felt more like dieoff than a new outbreak. Then followed a week of really heavy flaking on the forehead, almost unreal. I had to apply skinlotion two, three times an hour. And then, after a week it suddenly cleared.
    My skin looked much better but still had some red dots, so I kept going. I had bought a 50 ml bottle of Ivermectin from a vet (Ivomec vet, injectable 10 mg/ml) and started applying this to my skalp, forhead and face every night before bed. My skin imediately became dry, smooth and very pleasant to touch. The funny thing is that p&p started appearing on my neck, as if mites were fleeing downwards in hordes. But after a week of Ivomec on my neck as well they vanished. And now, a month later they are still gone, my skin is better than ever, dry and smooth. There is an occasional red dot without a bump here and there, but it does not stay for long.

I applied Ivermectin everey day for two weeks, then every second day for two weeks, then every third day. And I will just keep going, the bottle seems to last for ever (I extract the liquid from the bottle with a syringe through the rubber cap. I then put it in a cup and apply it to my skin with a finger). And the Ivermectin is not half as unpleasant to use as the zz-cream.

I am not sure what actually worked, maybe a combination. I have previously tried tetracycline, which worked, but i think it only treated symtoms. When I stopped taking it the p&p´s returned imediately. And so did the Candida problems. Sadly that happened after the Rifaximin-treatment also. So now I am taking care of that with Mycostatin, but with a pale, smooth and smiling face.
    Wow, that's fantastic! So in 12 weeks you have completely removed your rosacea symptoms, no more P&Ps no more red skin? Are you still taking rifaximin and zz cream or just using ivermectin?

-Dave-

Quote Originally Posted by flying_er View Post
    Wow, that's fantastic! So in 12 weeks you have completely removed your rosacea symptoms, no more P&Ps no more red skin? Are you still taking rifaximin and zz cream or just using ivermectin?

-Dave-
    Hi Dave!

The symptoms faded after just a few days on Rifaximin. Imediate improvement. But I didn´t feel safe it would stay that way, having strugled with p&p´s for five years. Since I expected demodex to be the problem, I kept going with what I had picked up on these pages - ZZ-cream (only three days) and Ivermectin. Without this forum I wouldn´t have had a clue where to start, especially since my doctors didn´t. So thanks to you all

Excellent news Roan, I'm really pleased that you've found something that works for you.

Personally I'm really struggling with my symptoms and the associated state of mind right now. However, I have appointments with two separate derms in early January, and I had intended anyway to request rifximin. This post has only reinforced my plans!

However, it sounds like you experienced something resembling demodex die-off after taking rifa? That sounds strange!?

Hi Davem81!

I am not sure about the die-off, one can only guess. I just wanted to describe unusual sensations and reactions, others might have experienced the same.

Good luck with the Rifaximin!

Quote Originally Posted by Roan View Post
    Hi Davem81!

I am not sure about the die-off, one can only guess. I just wanted to describe unusual sensations and reactions, others might have experienced the same.

Good luck with the Rifaximin!
    I also intend to try the ivermec sooner or later. I almost got the 'human' version via the trials a couple of months ago, but I was allocated the other product instead......felt like winning the lottery and then loosing the ticket! So I'll just have to go the vetinary route instead.

I believe that Rifaximin can be purchased over the counter from pharmacies in Spain. I read a report about one man who flew from the USA to Spain twice, just for that purpose. I imagine he combined his rif experience with a holiday. He initially did a 10 day stint and then followed up with a two to three week course. Not sure which, but I imagine his report can be found via a google.

Rifaximin continues to work well for me in keeping my face clear of P&P's, but my gut problems are far more extensive than most here, it seems, so my treatment is long and arduous and includes vanomycin.

Spain seems to be a popular holiday destination for many UK dwellers, so if any of you, or friends are heading for the Spanish sunshine, a pharmacy might be a good place to visit.
    Previous Numerous IPL.
    Supplements: Niacinamide, Vit K2, low D3, Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Very low dose B's. Low dose zinc (to correct deficiency).
    Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
    Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
    Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
    Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistica View Post
    I believe that Rifaximin can be purchased over the counter from pharmacies in Spain.

Spain seems to be a popular holiday destination for many UK dwellers, so if any of you, or friends are heading for the Spanish sunshine, a pharmacy might be a good place to visit.
    Interesting. I will certainly bear this in mind should my derms be uncooperative in this matter (which wouldn't surprise me in the slightest!).

Quote Originally Posted by Mistica View Post
    I believe that Rifaximin can be purchased over the counter from pharmacies in Spain. I read a report about one man who flew from the USA to Spain twice, just for that purpose. I imagine he combined his rif experience with a holiday. He initially did a 10 day stint and then followed up with a two to three week course. Not sure which, but I imagine his report can be found via a google.

Rifaximin continues to work well for me in keeping my face clear of P&P's, but my gut problems are far more extensive than most here, it seems, so my treatment is long and arduous and includes vanomycin.

Hi Mistica,

Do you take Rifaximin on an daily basis? And how exactly does it work in clearing the P&Ps?

Thanks,
    Dave

Thanks Roan for your post which I have added to this post under Anecdotal Reports.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi