Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Have you had a biopsy to confirm diagnosis?

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Thank you both for replying! I have checked my face in different areas using a gentle scrape and now (a better method) using clear tape. I have 2000x magnification and I found one discernible mite over that time. They are very apparent under the scope. There are lots of inexpensive, nice microscopes on amazon (mine is Omax). You need 400-1000x magnification. I also ordered some methylene blue fungal stain to test for Malassezia! Science a la 19th century . But really, there are so many pics and so much info online, one can do this at home.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    159

    Default

    I'm new member but have been a lurker for over a year. Demodex mite are not as microscopic portrayed. You can see them with a 12X mirror of your face and by putting them on a black background with a $12 hand held mini microscope (60-100X) I purchased from Radio shack. I stumbled upon my infestation by accident by researching my dog red mange over the last year and a half. If you want to know just how bad you have demo mites put some of the liquid injectable (from farm supply sterile injectable liquid) on your skin. I have fighting this devil with every known holistic & essential oil or remedy known for the last year including prescription and metro gel. Out of desperation a few days ago I used some of my dogs Ivermectin liquid straight on my face & body. Now I know just how bad this little critters have invaded my entire face and body. I have decided I will need to see a infectious diseases doctor to get some assistance. doctors & most dermatologist don’t won’t take responsibility for something they did not learn about in medical school. I never had bad acne nor rosacea but a low immune system due to breast cancer 5 years ago. This is a demodex nightmare that doctors, vets and most people think can not happen. They are so wrong. This is close to ruining my life and face & skin.
    Nobody believes we can get these mites including my family and doctors.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Brady Barrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Centre, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    5,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samilynn View Post
    I'm new member but have been a lurker for over a year. Demodex mite are not as microscopic portrayed. You can see them with a 12X mirror of your face and by putting them on a black background with a $12 hand held mini microscope (60-100X) I purchased from Radio shack. I stumbled upon my infestation by accident by researching my dog red mange over the last year and a half. If you want to know just how bad you have demo mites put some of the liquid injectable (from farm supply sterile injectable liquid) on your skin. I have fighting this devil with every known holistic & essential oil or remedy known for the last year including prescription and metro gel. Out of desperation a few days ago I used some of my dogs Ivermectin liquid straight on my face & body. Now I know just how bad this little critters have invaded my entire face and body. I have decided I will need to see a infectious diseases doctor to get some assistance. doctors & most dermatologist don’t won’t take responsibility for something they did not learn about in medical school. I never had bad acne nor rosacea but a low immune system due to breast cancer 5 years ago. This is a demodex nightmare that doctors, vets and most people think can not happen. They are so wrong. This is close to ruining my life and face & skin.
    Nobody believes we can get these mites including my family and doctors.
    Thanks for the info on the 12X mirror and hand held mini microscope. I have posted your report here:

    http://rosacea-research-and-developm...ic-rosacea-r16

    http://members.rosacea-research-and-...ectic-rosacea/
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi



  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    15

    Default

    That is just terrible. Good for you for taking things into your own hands! The technicians (doctors) do not have much intellectual curiosity, do they? They are not scientists! Until things happen to them, that is. And you are right, the mites can be seen at lower magnification, but I like the higher so I can make sure I know what I'm looking at. The clear packing tape, pressed to your skin to gather specimens, then mounted on a slide is a common mode for vets to take samples. It's worked well for me, and I can gather skin flakes to test for yeast that way as well (adding a drop of oil to slide). I'd love to know if others have looked at their own skin this way. I personally find it empowering. It's not rocket science, after all . Best wishes, Meadowlark

    Ps the Irish researchers cited in a recent article on mites used a bit of wound glue (at cvs), then pressed a slide to the spot on the face to gather a "biopsy". I may try it.

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    15

    Default

    By the way, amazon sells koh and methylene blue to stain for yeast. I bought all my supplies there, very efficiently. Web is full of instructions on microscopy.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Starlite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,348
    Country: United States

    Default

    The is awesome Meadowlark! I have a microscope and slides already. I'll just have to dig them out and inspect! After the holidays.. I'll let you all know.

    Thank you for joining and sharing your experience Samilynn. Welcome!

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starlite View Post
    The is awesome Meadowlark! I have a microscope and slides already. I'll just have to dig them out and inspect! After the holidays.. I'll let you all know.

    Thank you for joining and sharing your experience Samilynn. Welcome!
    Thank you.

    I don't have a real microscope yet. My family & veterinarian already think I’m a bit nuts with the mini hand held. The funny thing is I have been able to view mites from my dog with it and when the vet brings her big $300 fancy microscope and did a skin scrap she was unable to view any live mites. But I heard this is very common. All of my mite findings from me & dog have been dead and not moving. You can still figure out pretty quick what they are once you know what you are looking for and compare with online pics.

    I have not been diagnosed with demodex. The doctor said I had yeast infection and rosacea. She did not even know what demodex was until I explained. I know she doubted me and treated me with metrogel and oral yeast medication and told me I had messed up my ph balance taking holistic supplements. This world acne or rosacea is all new to me. But in my opinion from over a year worth of reading/researching & trial & error treatments I think many skin problems bacteria/yeast/demodex related. I have always been some what of a germaphobia so accepting demodex mites infestation on my face & body was really hard. The microscope does not lie and you get to see the yuky stuff.

    PS. Just wanted to add - I have not had much luck with the clear packing tape but by accident last week that those strips to pluck your eyebrows will remove a ton of mites. It is much stickier that the tape. That was not my intent I really was using to pluck/remove overgrown stray blonde eyebrows that seem to have grown out like crazy of late.
    Last edited by Samilynn; 23rd December 2012 at 09:10 PM.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Starlite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,348
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samilynn View Post
    Thank you.

    I don't have a real microscope yet. My family & veterinarian already think I’m a bit nuts with the mini hand held. The funny thing is I have been able to view mites from my dog with it and when the vet brings her big $300 fancy microscope and did a skin scrap she was unable to view any live mites. But I heard this is very common. All of my mite findings from me & dog have been dead and not moving. You can still figure out pretty quick what they are once you know what you are looking for and compare with online pics.

    I have not been diagnosed with demodex. The doctor said I had yeast infection and rosacea. She did not even know what demodex was until I explained. I know she doubted me and treated me with metrogel and oral yeast medication and told me I had messed up my ph balance taking holistic supplements. This world acne or rosacea is all new to me. But in my opinion from over a year worth of reading/researching & trial & error treatments I think many skin problems bacteria/yeast/demodex related. I have always been some what of a germaphobia so accepting demodex mites infestation on my face & body was really hard. The microscope does not lie and you get to see the yuky stuff.

    PS. Just wanted to add - I have not had much luck with the clear packing tape but by accident last week that those strips to pluck your eyebrows will remove a ton of mites. It is much stickier that the tape. That was not my intent I really was using to pluck/remove overgrown stray blonde eyebrows that seem to have grown out like crazy of late.
    I find your exploration, in spite of nay sayers, very admirable. That's what we all have to do, follow our inner knowing. This mite idea is new to me too, however I have a theory that we are all struggling with parasites and MSM (main stream medical) is missing the mark on it big time. The poor folks struggling with what is called "Morgellons" are being told they are crazy, i.e. "delusional parasitosis." They, being like this group from all walks of life including from the health care field, have dug out the microscopes at home and done their own research. They cross check with each other and are finding their own solutions.

    I know for sure that parasites can not live in an alkaline environment and making sure your Ph is between 7.0 and 7.2 is critical. What was your Ph and why did the Doc say it was supplements that threw it off?

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starlite View Post
    I know for sure that parasites can not live in an alkaline environment and making sure your Ph is between 7.0 and 7.2 is critical. What was your Ph and why did the Doc say it was supplements that threw it off?
    Yes my breakout, and finding of my infestation is is all ph balance related. I was taking supplements and using tsp of baking soda twice a day to get my very acidic ph balance to stay at normal range. It caused a major Herxheimer Reaction of thrush, yeast, fungus, bacteria and demo mites to rise out of my body mouth & other places & skin all over my body but mainly my face). I have never had major acne before and never knew how it felt. I have been in hiding more or less for 2 months in my home because of my face. Since I tried to topical ivermectin on my face it also made deep nests the size of dimes come out of my face. I thought for a while maybe it was related to my dogs mange mites but I have only had her for two years. These things have been in my sebaceous glands for years & years multiplying. I started noticing my thinning eyebrows & lashes over ten years ago. I never even knew these things were there until I put on the topical ivermectin. Two weeks ago I finally went to the doctor(forced my family tired of my self treatment). Of course I was given metrogel for rosacea and a prescription for a 7 day course of oral diflucan for yeast/thrush. It calmed everything down, more like a band aid on a wound. But it’s still here in my body and on my skin. I think it is all gut/bod/health related and I will need to correct the problem from source. I am looking for a infectious disease doctor to help me with treatment. They seem to be the only ones familiar enough with fungus/parasites that will actually take the time to research & look under a microscope at the problem.

    My husband wants a doctor to give me the magical pill and get this resolved immediately. It's not going to happen. That just pushes the problem into hiding again. I think it will takes months to get this under control. I also think I will need a major overhaul with my diet to see long term results. My face will be permanently scared from this demo mite nightmare. Most don’t want to know that these little critters can hide in their skin for 10 years . Most are not aware that they are there and don’t bother most people unless you have some major health/immune system issues. That is what I believe is my problem immune system issues related to breast cancer and the treatments. In the last 5 years I have been through 5 surgeries & with numerous infections and radiation treatments. It is my belief now that there is a connection or relationship between candida and cancer. Which was the reason I was trying to correct my body ph which I realize now at age 52 I have been very acidic most of my entire life. But it also prompted this nightmare I am going through now.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Starlite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,348
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samilynn View Post
    Yes my breakout, and finding of my infestation is is all ph balance related. I was taking supplements and using tsp of baking soda twice a day to get my very acidic ph balance to stay at normal range. It caused a major Herxheimer Reaction of thrush, yeast, fungus, bacteria and demo mites to rise out of my body mouth & other places & skin all over my body but mainly my face). I have never had major acne before and never knew how it felt. I have been in hiding more or less for 2 months in my home because of my face. Since I tried to topical ivermectin on my face it also made deep nests the size of dimes come out of my face. I thought for a while maybe it was related to my dogs mange mites but I have only had her for two years. These things have been in my sebaceous glands for years & years multiplying. I started noticing my thinning eyebrows & lashes over ten years ago. I never even knew these things were there until I put on the topical ivermectin. Two weeks ago I finally went to the doctor(forced my family tired of my self treatment). Of course I was given metrogel for rosacea and a prescription for a 7 day course of oral diflucan for yeast/thrush. It calmed everything down, more like a band aid on a wound. But it’s still here in my body and on my skin. I think it is all gut/bod/health related and I will need to correct the problem from source. I am looking for a infectious disease doctor to help me with treatment. They seem to be the only ones familiar enough with fungus/parasites that will actually take the time to research & look under a microscope at the problem.

    My husband wants a doctor to give me the magical pill and get this resolved immediately. It's not going to happen. That just pushes the problem into hiding again. I think it will takes months to get this under control. I also think I will need a major overhaul with my diet to see long term results. My face will be permanently scared from this demo mite nightmare. Most don’t want to know that these little critters can hide in their skin for 10 years . Most are not aware that they are there and don’t bother most people unless you have some major health/immune system issues. That is what I believe is my problem immune system issues related to breast cancer and the treatments. In the last 5 years I have been through 5 surgeries & with numerous infections and radiation treatments. It is my belief now that there is a connection or relationship between candida and cancer. Which was the reason I was trying to correct my body ph which I realize now at age 52 I have been very acidic most of my entire life. But it also prompted this nightmare I am going through now.

    Ok, ok, we are speaking the same language here, thank goodness! You are correct, there is a direct connection between cancer and fungus. I am certain working on keeping your Ph alkaline is the correct action, even without having battled cancer. Let me ask you why it is clear and obvious that applying the Ivermectin caused the die off of the mites and thus your symptoms *appeared* worse, yet the same worsening of fungal symptoms is a cause of the fungus instead of the symptom of repair (like the Ivermectin)?

    I am so sorry you have such a strong reaction. Clearly you must feel awful because the die off releases toxins through the whole body. When one is so sick and infested you have to go very slow.

    Yes, trying to find the bodies stable balance again after cancer treatment will be a tough road. I KNOW you can do it. Diet is critical. What are you eating now?

    Have you seen this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv4b6IzLTes

Similar Threads

  1. Biopsy/skin scraping
    By HK-47 in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 7th March 2012, 07:16 PM
  2. biopsy results
    By billybob63 in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 13th May 2011, 09:32 PM
  3. Study confirm antibiotics mess with guts
    By MasK in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25th January 2011, 06:58 PM
  4. Biopsy said Rosacea, but is it?
    By PhotoPro in forum Newbie questions / Introduction
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 8th January 2011, 07:46 PM
  5. Anyone had a Skin Biopsy?
    By adam_h in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 3rd June 2008, 09:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •