Thread: ocular rosacea?

Default ocular rosacea?

This is my first post. I have had rosacea for two years. I am well into stage 2, but have not sought medical help yet. I'm hoping to control things by diet, I just haven't figured it all out yet. For the last two weeks one upper lid has become increasingly swollen and is becoming very painful. I have dryish eyes but no other symptoms. It just occurred to me that the problem with my eye could be rosacea. Thoughts?

Default eyes

Quote Originally Posted by jennrose View Post
    This is my first post. I have had rosacea for two years. I am well into stage 2, but have not sought medical help yet. I'm hoping to control things by diet, I just haven't figured it all out yet. For the last two weeks one upper lid has become increasingly swollen and is becoming very painful. I have dryish eyes but no other symptoms. It just occurred to me that the problem with my eye could be rosacea. Thoughts?
    Just my opinion.

Its probably the best thing to speak to your GP about it first as it maybe something else.

If your GP says it is blepharitis it can be easily controlled especially with diet based treatment.

What happens with rosacea and blepharitis is your secretions are not being secreted. The secretions are made but don't arrive because the final signal to secrete is missing.

Both your eyes and skin functions are connected to your stomach and if you upset your stomach it can tell on your face.

If you tell your GP that this the case I think you will get a negative response, but unless your GP has had your problems and cured them then a negative response would be invalid.
    cure

Default Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by drummond View Post
    Just my opinion.

Its probably the best thing to speak to your GP about it first as it maybe something else.

If your GP says it is blepharitis it can be easily controlled especially with diet based treatment.

What happens with rosacea and blepharitis is your secretions are not being secreted. The secretions are made but don't arrive because the final signal to secrete is missing.

Both your eyes and skin functions are connected to your stomach and if you upset your stomach it can tell on your face.

If you tell your GP that this the case I think you will get a negative response, but unless your GP has had your problems and cured them then a negative response would be invalid.
    Thank you for your response!!! My situation is complicated by a couple of factors right now. I first, I DID go see a GP this morning and he found a stye, so that is a huge relief. I'm actually in the process of interviewing GPs to find one who may be sympathetic and interested in treating me based on diet. I very much agree with and believe that my problems with my face are potentially related to a gluten intolerance. I did not like the GP I saw this morning, but he prescribed Metrogel (big surprise there, right?). I'm going to poke around and see what people think about it on here. Another complicating factor is that I'm 10w pregnant. The doctor also casually dropped the word Lupus with regard to my face in our visit this morning, which scared me to no end. Anyway, this post is a little all over the place, but I'm only just beginning this journey, and I appreciate any and all feedback at this point.

Jennrose,

I have treated my dry eye issue with lots of healthy oils in the form of red palm fruit oil. Got it from my local health shop and I use it to cook with as well as a spoonful each day. I did rinse my eyes once a week with colloidal silver at one stage, but stopped that now.

My dry eye (only right side) was so bad I started to loose vision and all opthamologists wanted to sell me glasses!
    (For me, it all started with Accutane....)

And as today I have no dry eye issues or vision problems, as long as I keep up the red palm fruit oil. Maybe fish oils or other plant based oils (flax seed etc) would do the same trick?

Congrats with the pregnancy and good luck with your journey!
    Cindy

Default Update

Quote Originally Posted by Bokkie View Post
    Jennrose,

I have treated my dry eye issue with lots of healthy oils in the form of red palm fruit oil. Got it from my local health shop and I use it to cook with as well as a spoonful each day. I did rinse my eyes once a week with colloidal silver at one stage, but stopped that now.

My dry eye (only right side) was so bad I started to loose vision and all opthamologists wanted to sell me glasses!
    (For me, it all started with Accutane....)

And as today I have no dry eye issues or vision problems, as long as I keep up the red palm fruit oil. Maybe fish oils or other plant based oils (flax seed etc) would do the same trick?

Congrats with the pregnancy and good luck with your journey!
    Thanks for more feedback. I don't have any discomfort with dry eyes yet, but I am going to start fish oils in hopes they will help with my P&P. As it turns out, I now have a stye on the OTHER eye. I think these are being caused by the P&P. Has anyone heard of recurrent styes with Rosacea and is this considered Ocular Rosacea or just a side effect of Stage II?