Thread: Running out of options, advice please!

Default Running out of options, advice please!

I have posted on this forum previously and the community is just amazing, but it has been a while. When I did post, I was officially diagnosed with rosacea and acne and have tried several treatments for it including Metrogel, Metrocream, Oral antibiotics like doxy, mino, tetra, etc., Red and Blue light therapy, Sulfur, going on a Paleo diet, Differein, Retin- A, Clindamycin, and many more. Since my diagnosis for rosacea more than a year ago, I've been suffering with various other symptoms that just frustrate me to no end.

My face flakes everywhere (mostly by my chin and mouth, between my eyebrows, and the sides of my nose), I have acne and it seems like every pore on my face is clogged, the texture of my facial skin is just horrible (very bumpy, have scars and crater-like holes, my pores are very enlarged), and I still get the bright red flushing and the stinging feeling with my triggers and in social situations. I know exfoliation helps with the texture of skin, but I just cannot tolerate any sort of exfoliation. Even lightly rubbing with my fingers can cause me to turn bright pink. I also mostly just wash with water because everything else hurts and turns me red.

It still astonishes me to no end how my skin used to be pretty much flawless just three or four years ago and it has all deteriorated to what it looks like now. I'm constantly thinking of my skin and embarrassed because I turn red and am always breaking out or having a bad skin day. I also developed this weird fear of being out in the sun or my face being seen under the sun or in bright lighting because you can really see the horrible texture and the redness. I'm in college and as much as I want to deny it sometimes, my skin hinders me from my full potential and doing the things I want to do like meet new people and put myself out there like how I used to be.

I'm just feeling down lately and would appreciate it if you guys could take a look at some images of my skin and maybe give me some options of routes to take or things to try. Or insight on what conditions do you think I may have that I or the derm may have overlooked. Or just general advice. I don't have health insurance at the moment so that may be a problem, but the last time I was there, about four months ago, I was just given more prescription creams that I tried again for two months with no success. Just more irritation, flaking, and redness. The pics are from varying times in the last year or so, but the last pic is basically the standard look texture-wise and just being pink permanently. Thanks in advance!

http://imgur.com/TaXEJ
    http://imgur.com/QF0mW
    http://imgur.com/NTZpV
    http://imgur.com/naW0u

Hi Miz,

I am sorry, I can't give you any advice. I just wanted to reply to you because no one else has. I feel your pain and frustration and how this condition prevents you from putting yourself out there. I am going through the same issues myself.

Hopefully someone will reply to you and give you some advice that you need.

I am not sure about the past, but the forum seems quiet.

Wtt