Thread: SD Treatment with Ketoconazole 2% and Sodium Sulfacetamide 10% Sulfur 5%

Default SD Treatment with Ketoconazole 2% and Sodium Sulfacetamide 10% Sulfur 5%

So I just wanted to let everyone know that I went back to a derm. (I know it was hard and I was nervous because the first one gave me a steroid that just made everything 10x worse) and the derm. told me to use both Ketoconazole and Sodium Sulfacetamide and Sulfur once a day.

I use the Ketoconazole shampoo on my face in the morning and wash my face at night with the sodium sulfacetamide/sulfur cleanser at night.

So far, the dryness, itching, and pealing of my skin is pretty much gone. I've been using it for about 2 weeks or so. I still have redness, and also noticed that I am starting to get a lot more pimples...more than usual...I will continue to use this for about 3-5 more weeks to see if the redness goes down. If it does I will start using it less...maybe every other day...and slowly take it down to 1-2 times per week.

It was also recommended that I use the steroid the other derm. gave me for the redness if I need too...I know the steroid gets rid of the redness. (Desonide) but it came back everytime I stopped. The new derm. said the problem was I was just using the steroid by itself. So I will keep everyone posted on how that goes.

so it's been about 3 weeks since I posted this topic, and about 5-6 weeks of total use. The dryness, itching, and pealing of my skin is pretty much gone...the areas that felt so rough before (mostly around my eyebrows) are really smooth now. Pimples have slowed...the problem with using what the dermatologist gave me is that it doesn't really reduce redness that much. So about 2 weeks ago I went and bought a very good product from sephora that I would recommend everyone with really sensitive skin try. It's called FAB anti redness serum. Redness has gone down a lot. I use it twice a day...once in the morning after I shampoo, and once in the evening after I clean with the sulfacetamide and sulfur. Skin in effected areas has gone from red to a light pink and depending on the lighting you can't even tell I have discolored spots...which is a 1000% difference from where I started.

I still have some redness on my face, but I am getting more and more happy with my skin finally. I should also note that I eat right, drink about 100 ounces of water per day...take vitamins, Super B complex, and Omega 3,6,9 pills. If anything this seb. derm. really has me focused on being healthy all around. I am still working out which is said to aid in flair ups, but I haven't had to many problems.

Quote Originally Posted by fight4fight View Post
    so it's been about 3 weeks since I posted this topic, and about 5-6 weeks of total use. The dryness, itching, and pealing of my skin is pretty much gone...the areas that felt so rough before (mostly around my eyebrows) are really smooth now. Pimples have slowed...the problem with using what the dermatologist gave me is that it doesn't really reduce redness that much. So about 2 weeks ago I went and bought a very good product from sephora that I would recommend everyone with really sensitive skin try. It's called FAB anti redness serum. Redness has gone down a lot. I use it twice a day...once in the morning after I shampoo, and once in the evening after I clean with the sulfacetamide and sulfur. Skin in effected areas has gone from red to a light pink and depending on the lighting you can't even tell I have discolored spots...which is a 1000% difference from where I started.

I still have some redness on my face, but I am getting more and more happy with my skin finally. I should also note that I eat right, drink about 100 ounces of water per day...take vitamins, Super B complex, and Omega 3,6,9 pills. If anything this seb. derm. really has me focused on being healthy all around. I am still working out which is said to aid in flair ups, but I haven't had to many problems.
    yo man i use ketozonale and sulfur sulfacetadmide too, alone with a lil elidel and h&s conditoner. The redness is the thing that isnt reducing too much! FAB anti redness serum huh? i have sensitive skin too, maybe this would be a winner for me. Ill look into it. Thanks

awh im so impulsive and desperate for something to reduce redness i just ordered after seeing one positive review ahh, typical me -_-, but hey you never know

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyt View Post
    awh im so impulsive and desperate for something to reduce redness i just ordered after seeing one positive review ahh, typical me -_-, but hey you never know
    I hear you man and I can definitely relate. All I can say is give the FAB anti redness some time to work...In about 2 weeks I can definitely see a difference. Hopefully in 6-8 weeks I can come back and tell you something even better. I have very sensitive skin too which sucks...everything bothers me like way beyond what people at product stores call sensitive so I was really happy this helped.

A little update on where I am right now

Still using FAB anti redness serium every day...once in the morning...lighter amount because I dont like how my skin shines if I put to much on...in the evening I use it with a heavier amount being at home.

I wash with ketoconazole 3 times a week in the morning and use the sodium sulfacetamide every couple days.

When I first started I had redness on both sides of my face near my nose and under my eyes and also redness on my forehead...flaking a lot on my forehead and near my eyebrows and some flaking on both sides of my face.

Right now flaking and itching is completely gone. Redness on my forehead is 90% clear...I still have a little slight redness in some areas depending on the lighting. Redness on the right side of my face is down about 50% and redness on my left side for some odd reason is down about 80% I would say. I am very happy on were I am heading with this.

As far as diet I take vitamins, omega 3-6-9, super b complex, drink 80-100 ounces of water every day...and eat pretty good. Work out 3 times per week right now. Redness is still improving after I started using FAB anti Redness....It has gone from a bright annoying red to a light red and pink color...I can see my old skin on one part of my face and it gives me a ton of hope...been using the FAB I guess for about 2-3 weeks now....hopefully after about 6 weeks I can take it down to every few days. I will continue to use it daily until I stop seeing improvements.

Another small update:

Redness was not getting any better for about 2 weeks after my last post, so I decided to get a little more serious with my diet.

I found this great article online about seb derm being linked to diet and your immune system: http://www.trustnature.com/articles/sd_report.pdf

I've started following that routine for about two weeks and I can say my body feels so great. Redness is noticable in certain lights, but no where near as much as it used to be. I am confident that once I eliminate all of the triggers from my food I will conquer this thing. I am also taking 100% whole food vitamins now and also a biotin pill. I also drink this really good coconut water from goodbelly which has probiotics in it that really help. I suggest you look into goodbelly and also really read this article.

Improving your diet and how you eat will help you so much more than just treating the symptoms that show up on your face. you are really attacking the problem of inflammation at the source. Once I get a month or two with this diet everyday I will come back with more results. I still use FAB every couple of days along with those medicines mentioned in the title maybe 2-3 times a week just in case.

A little over a month into this paleo diet and it really seems to be working. I am 100% sure that seb derm and food intake go hand and hand....redness still decreasing...at a light pink level right now...I did get one day where it felt like I was getting a reaction....then I thought back and A few days earlier I had a cheat day where I ate all of the foods I was craving. Guys I strongly suggest you look into your diet and the foods you eat.