Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: New here need some advice please

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I used to flush in the evening, too. I thought it was the stress of the day releasing (like steam coming out after being compressed all day). I'd flush around 8 p.m. In an attempt to cool off I would put an ice pack on my head!

    For me dietary change was the key.

    G
    Right well diet changes today looked in mirror this morning and face is hardly pink at all so that tells me the flushing hasnt damaged my skin too badly yet... so get the flushing under control with diet and im happy... No more fizzy drinks or dairy and my only carbs will be from wholegrain pasta and bread..
    Cheers
    Rob

  2. #22
    Senior Member Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob201000 View Post
    Right well diet changes today looked in mirror this morning and face is hardly pink at all so that tells me the flushing hasnt damaged my skin too badly yet... so get the flushing under control with diet and im happy... No more fizzy drinks or dairy and my only carbs will be from wholegrain pasta and bread..
    Cheers
    Rob
    Watch the pasta and bread. I was on that all-American diet of "healthful whole grains" for a long time (whole grains as a giant percentage of one's daily food intake came into fashion in the 1970s along with jogging) and it was definitely my undoing.

    Sure, see where dairy-free and fizzy drinks-free takes you. It could be the whole answer in your case.

    Did the night time flush stay away?

    G
    "It's all illusion anyway."

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Watch the pasta and bread. I was on that all-American diet of "healthful whole grains" for a long time (whole grains as a giant percentage of one's daily food intake came into fashion in the 1970s along with jogging) and it was definitely my undoing.

    Sure, see where dairy-free and fizzy drinks-free takes you. It could be the whole answer in your case.

    Did the night time flush stay away?

    G
    To be honest yeah it did all i had to eat was scrammbeled egg for brekfast tune sandwich for dinner chicken salad for tea then go home from work and went to gym... No flushing until about 8 o clock when i had a can of lager lol that is a major trigger for me but ahwell i wont be cutting beer out i went to pub and my flush only lasted a hour wich is shorter than normal so happy days... Il keep you posted tho
    Cheers
    Rob

  4. #24
    Senior Member Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob201000 View Post
    To be honest yeah it did all i had to eat was scrammbeled egg for brekfast tune sandwich for dinner chicken salad for tea then go home from work and went to gym... No flushing until about 8 o clock when i had a can of lager lol that is a major trigger for me but ahwell i wont be cutting beer out i went to pub and my flush only lasted a hour wich is shorter than normal so happy days... Il keep you posted tho
    Cheers
    Rob
    Rob, you might try to stay away from brews for a while, since they are very carb-y. Do you like distillates like vodka or scotch? Vodka on the rocks with club soda might be the least troubling for your skin.

    Just keep away from beer with a substitute like this for a month or so, then have a beer again. Have you tried Harviestoun Old Engine Oil?

    G
    "It's all illusion anyway."

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Rob, you might try to stay away from brews for a while, since they are very carb-y. Do you like distillates like vodka or scotch? Vodka on the rocks with club soda might be the least troubling for your skin.

    Just keep away from beer with a substitute like this for a month or so, then have a beer again. Have you tried Harviestoun Old Engine Oil?

    G
    Yeah i dont mind vodka... I really dont mind the beer flush tho because by the time im red im not bothered haha... But i shall cut it out ans drink vodka instead
    Cheers
    Rob

  6. #26
    Senior Member Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob201000 View Post
    Yeah i dont mind vodka... I really dont mind the beer flush tho because by the time im red im not bothered haha... But i shall cut it out ans drink vodka instead
    Cheers
    Rob
    Good luck with that & cheers!

    G
    "It's all illusion anyway."

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Hey Rob,

    As i said earlier, i too agree that your diet should be the first port of call. As a 4 month rosacean i have seen some improvement, especially with night flushing. I have had a badish week this week and that has been a bit depressing, but i am putting it down to maybe eating a bit too much sugar recently (i hope that is the case).

    Give the diet 4 weeks and be strict. As i said, my night flushing improved greatly after roughly 4 to 5 weeks of strict dieting. I just wish i could get rid of that lingering burn i have had this week and that sensitive skin feeling. Hate this disease!!

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    320
    Country: France

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willingtotry View Post
    Hey Rob,

    As i said earlier, i too agree that your diet should be the first port of call. As a 4 month rosacean i have seen some improvement, especially with night flushing. I have had a badish week this week and that has been a bit depressing, but i am putting it down to maybe eating a bit too much sugar recently (i hope that is the case).

    Give the diet 4 weeks and be strict. As i said, my night flushing improved greatly after roughly 4 to 5 weeks of strict dieting. I just wish i could get rid of that lingering burn i have had this week and that sensitive skin feeling. Hate this disease!!
    willingtotry,
    Before trying the diet, did you have the feeling that your flushing, or some of it, was related to what you were eating ? Also, in what other circumstances do you flush ?
    Marie

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    320
    Country: France

    Default

    Just asking again...curious to know if, before trying the diet, you clearly felt that your flulshing was related to what you were eating ?

Similar Threads

  1. advice on what i have..
    By thehurricane in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 3rd July 2010, 05:39 PM
  2. Advice please
    By obev0098 in forum Newbie questions / Introduction
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23rd February 2009, 01:24 PM
  3. Need some Advice
    By lookingforadvice in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22nd April 2008, 04:30 PM
  4. Advice
    By jennfran in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 26th November 2007, 11:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •