Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New here need some advice please

Quote Originally Posted by Rob201000 View Post
    yeah i lay concrete so outside all day pretty much...
    Im starting to lean more towards i have kprf as my nose doesnt go red neither is my forehead or around my mouth it is just my cheeks... they are actualy always a bit pink.. top of my arms are also covered in little spots iv had as long as i can remember..
    cheers
    Rob
    Hi Rob,

I know it's cold comfort to you, but if your nose isn't involved, nor around your mouth, that's pretty good. Pink cheeks are the least remarkable; meaning the last thing people see as something being amiss.

Have you tried using sunblock while you're out there? Even windburn can affect sensitive skin, so a little soothing something might help. Sun damage can really build up over time.

G
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Here are pics when skin is at its calmest... still a little red but if i can prevent the flushes and prevent more skin damage i can live with this
    cheers
    Rob
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Hi Rob,

I know it's cold comfort to you, but if your nose isn't involved, nor around your mouth, that's pretty good. Pink cheeks are the least remarkable; meaning the last thing people see as something being amiss.

Have you tried using sunblock while you're out there? Even windburn can affect sensitive skin, so a little soothing something might help. Sun damage can really build up over time.

G
    Hi ghost
    i never wear suncream etc and im really fair skinned so probebly a bad idea lol.
    Going to put some on now and see what my face is like over the day.
    Do you know of any suppliments that help or creams?
    cheers
    Rob

Hi ghost
    i never wear suncream etc and im really fair skinned so probebly a bad idea lol.
    Going to put some on now and see what my face is like over the day.
    Do you know of any suppliments that help or creams?
    cheers
    Rob
    Well, I follow the Paleo diet. Something my father once said off-handedly made a light bulb go off over my head and I thought that just maybe eating wheat especially is what is making my skin red. It's too much to go into detail. I'm handing you the distillation.

For supplements you might look into those that will clean your liver (e.g. milk thistle) and go really slow.

Creams: spf30, at least if you're out there in the sun, made for delicate skin. Something with zinc is good. Don't get cheap stuff, as it could have irritating ingredients.

G

Well, I follow the Paleo diet. Something my father once said off-handedly made a light bulb go off over my head and I thought that just maybe eating wheat especially is what is making my skin red. It's too much to go into detail. I'm handing you the distillation.

For supplements you might look into those that will clean your liver (e.g. milk thistle) and go really slow.

Creams: spf30, at least if you're out there in the sun, made for delicate skin. Something with zinc is good. Don't get cheap stuff, as it could have irritating ingredients.

G
    Cheers i will look into that..
    I wore sun cream today on face spf30 and no difference i will try the milk thistle..
    Im thinking about a tinted moisturiser could you recomend anything? sorry for being a pain lol you just seem very clued up on this.
    cheers
    Rob

Cheers i will look into that..
    I wore sun cream today on face spf30 and no difference i will try the milk thistle..
    Im thinking about a tinted moisturiser could you recomend anything? sorry for being a pain lol you just seem very clued up on this.
    cheers
    Rob
    Rob, the spf doesn't work like that. SPF does not undo sun damage. It just helps prevent most future damage. (Some will still sneak in there if you're out in the sun, especially as much as you are. But using SPF makes a huge different.)

There are tinted moisturizers. You're in the UK? I don't know a specific brand you can get there, but you might look into a "Primer" with a blue or green tint. A primer is silicone-based and will soothe your skin. The green or blue will visually tone down the redness of your skin. But it won't do anything physically. Meaning, once you wash it off, the redness will be there.

You would put the spf on top of this primer. Go to a department store where someone can help you select what's right for you.

Another thought: Maybe if you google around you'll find something that is both blue/green-tinted AND has an SPF. The company B. Kamins has blue items and spf items. google them up :-)

G

Rob, the spf doesn't work like that. SPF does not undo sun damage. It just helps prevent most future damage. (Some will still sneak in there if you're out in the sun, especially as much as you are. But using SPF makes a huge different.)

There are tinted moisturizers. You're in the UK? I don't know a specific brand you can get there, but you might look into a "Primer" with a blue or green tint. A primer is silicone-based and will soothe your skin. The green or blue will visually tone down the redness of your skin. But it won't do anything physically. Meaning, once you wash it off, the redness will be there.

You would put the spf on top of this primer. Go to a department store where someone can help you select what's right for you.

Another thought: Maybe if you google around you'll find something that is both blue/green-tinted AND has an SPF. The company B. Kamins has blue items and spf items. google them up :-)

G
    Right will deffonitly have a look at that and yeah im in the uk... The problem with my skin is i dont no the problem lol its pink through the day and burns red on a night... it isnt lumpy i have very very clear skin dont get spots etc very smooth and wouldnt say it was sensative at all its never sore or anything like that if i could get rid of the flushing the pinkness i can live with.
    Been to my docs 3 times with it and absoultly useless told me twice it was sunburn and 3rd time said i looked normal... And he said he refuses to waste the derms time.. NHS for you...
    Cheers
    Rob

Right will deffonitly have a look at that and yeah im in the uk... The problem with my skin is i dont no the problem lol its pink through the day and burns red on a night... it isnt lumpy i have very very clear skin dont get spots etc very smooth and wouldnt say it was sensative at all its never sore or anything like that if i could get rid of the flushing the pinkness i can live with.
    Been to my docs 3 times with it and absoultly useless told me twice it was sunburn and 3rd time said i looked normal... And he said he refuses to waste the derms time.. NHS for you...
    Cheers
    Rob
    sounds similar to me

pink most of the day then late afternoon// evening flush like a tomato...

Dr Chu has said I have vascular rosacea

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop View Post
    sounds similar to me

pink most of the day then late afternoon// evening flush like a tomato...

Dr Chu has said I have vascular rosacea
    Anything worked/helped the redness or flushing
    cheers
    Rob

Anything worked/helped the redness or flushing
    cheers
    Rob
    I used to flush in the evening, too. I thought it was the stress of the day releasing (like steam coming out after being compressed all day). I'd flush around 8 p.m. In an attempt to cool off I would put an ice pack on my head!

For me dietary change was the key.

G