Thread: San Francisco Dermatologist needed

Default San Francisco Dermatologist needed

Hi all I am new here and am looking for a dermatologist in the SF Bay area. I have the annoying flushing rosacea and I really want to give bromonidine a try because I have already had several ipls with limited success. I also know my primary care Dr. Will think I'm crazy asking for glaucoma medication.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Hi, it is relatively well known amongst doctors who keep up on the latest treatments about this medication. I would hope that there are dermatologists would be willing to prescribe this now though I know they still haven't FDA approved the final drug. I am going to move your thread to the region section where hopefully someone will have a doctor recommendation for you. Good luck.

The dermatologist I see says the problem with putting brimonidine eyedrops on your face is that some users found that their flushing was much worse as the drug wore off. The formulation Galderma is making for rosacea won't do this according to clinical trials so far.

I'm not in San Francisco, but it might be worth seeing someone at UCSF:

http://www.dermatology.ucsf.edu/patients/

One of the authors of this study will understand the flushing mechanisms (well, as much as anyone does) and what therapies are available:

http://archderm.jamanetwork.com/arti...ticleid=426431

Default Derms in SF--did you have any luck?

Quote Originally Posted by liz019 View Post
    Hi all I am new here and am looking for a dermatologist in the SF Bay area. I have the annoying flushing rosacea and I really want to give bromonidine a try because I have already had several ipls with limited success. I also know my primary care Dr. Will think I'm crazy asking for glaucoma medication.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Hey, I'm also in SF looking for a good dermatologist. I've now invested thousands in IPLs (some success), creams, lotions, appointments but have yet to find anyone who really understands the condition. Did you have any luck? I'm trying Dr. Glogau next, who was helpful to me a few years ago and is a smart guy--just not sure how informed he is with Rosacea (i need help with flushing) and the ocular subtype, which also plagues me!

Thanks!