Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ZZ Cream.

Thanks Vidvan. Greatly appreciate the update.

Dave, could you update us on your progress with it and how it has impacted/improved you.

Thanks!

wtt

Just a quick update. I've always struggled with the area of skin in between my eyebrows and just above. I could never keep the spots or blackheads from forming. Now, the skin is super smooth and not a spot or blackhead in sight, another plus from this cream.

Quote Originally Posted by davem81 View Post
    I can personally vouch for this!

One other piece of advice I would give is, BE PATIENT, perhaps even beyond the timescales quoted. I have recently been using a similar (sulfur containing) product and it took seversal MONTHS of daily application before I saw a marked improvement - but once the improvement came, it was very noticeable. It's very easy to discard a product before giving it proper time to work.
    "apply to entire face"..."give it a couple of months"... the fact that I've seen the product only on 2 websites, one which is an obvious pure profit website and the other one being Brady Barrows' site... All of this (and more) makes me think that this is some kind of huge scam whereby a number of people on this forum are affiliated to sell a range of rosacea-related products. Yes I know how paranoid this sounds, but please prove me wrong? Every time I see this "top secret Chinese patented creme" I always think of those creams they sell on tv (buy now and get one free). By the way, everyone talking about demodex mites reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCy8K968Alo

Excuse me for my scepticism...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    "apply to entire face"..."give it a couple of months"... the fact that I've seen the product only on 2 websites, one which is an obvious pure profit website and the other one being Brady Barrows' site... All of this (and more) makes me think that this is some kind of huge scam whereby a number of people on this forum are affiliated to sell a range of rosacea-related products. Yes I know how paranoid this sounds, but please prove me wrong? Every time I see this "top secret Chinese patented creme" I always think of those creams they sell on tv (buy now and get one free). By the way, everyone talking about demodex mites reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCy8K968Alo

JohnDoe,

I don't think there's a a scam where people on this site are falsely claming ZZ cream works so they can make a profit. I've used ZZ cream and for me it worked about as well as a typical sulfur based cream. It makes sense that it would have benefits as it does contains sulfur which is known to help many with rosacea. It don't think it's a miracle cure but for many it does help.

-Dave-

Quote Originally Posted by flying_er View Post
    JohnDoe,

I don't think there's a a scam where people on this site are falsely claming ZZ cream works so they can make a profit. I've used ZZ cream and for me it worked about as well as a typical sulfur based cream. It makes sense that it would have benefits as it does contains sulfur which is known to help many with rosacea. It don't think it's a miracle cure but for many it does help.

-Dave-
    Did you have typical type 1 rosacea or also pustules and bumps? Because the problem is I only have type 1 (redness) and I'm not sure if the sulfur will work for that.

Did you have typical type 1 rosacea or also pustules and bumps? Because the problem is I only have type 1 (redness) and I'm not sure if the sulfur will work for that.
    I started with redness for several years. I sort of ignored this and just figured it's part of my English heritage to have a red complexion. Eventually It turned into bumps and pustules. For me the sulfur helps primarily with the rosacea bumps, I don't think it helps the redness.

-Dave-

Default 51 Days in.

So... It's been 51 days since my first application of the ZZ cream. The redness is still present as ever and no sign of diminishing, the visible texture is exactly the same. So far not great..but, the feel of my skin is amazing, the spots I used to get are reduced by a good 80%. From my experience with this product I'd say if you have acne then it's a fantastic cream but at the moment it's not helped me at all with what I actually purchased it for. Obviously I will be applying it for at least 3 months to see if anything else is improved but my feeling now is that it won't help me with the type of redness I have. I've also been doing lid scrubs and been applying Castor oil to my eyelashes and eyebrows to help with my Ocular rosacea and that also seems to help somewhat. Also, over the past week, I've been trying to reduce my Dairy intake to an absolute minimum and have already seen an improvement with my constant dark circles.

As ususal I'll keep you posted with my results even if it is every 3-4 weeks.

Based on my personal experience, nothing more, and if you read my posts you may notice that I don't overly endorse ZZ cream - I used it for a while and then moved on having found it no better or worse than certain other products.

As for the suggestion that my comments were driven by my involvement in a "scam".........actually, what can I say to that?! Except that, if your symptoms have caused you anything like the suffering that mine have caused me over the past 5 years, you just might be able to understand the scale on which I WISH that was the reason I was on this site.

Oh, fess up, Dave. Tell JohnDoe we have an enormous rosacea pyramid scheme going on here. NOT.

LOL!

G
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Default 2 months in.

Just cracked open my second jar of the ZZ Ointment. I'm 2 months in and still not even 1% difference in the redness or texture/inflammation. I'm quite disappointed in a way, I mean I know i'm only 2 months in but not even a slight change in colour/texture? Anyway, good news is I haven't had a single spot for a good 2 weeks so not all bad. I'm really starting to think back to see what triggered my Rosacea, I've always had allergies so maybe I have an underlying allergy that I don't know. I went as dairy free as I could but no improvement. I might try and get an allergy test and go from there.