Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Can DOXYCICLINE kill Demodex Mites?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    242

    Default Can DOXYCICLINE kill Demodex Mites?

    I am currently taking Doxyciline antiobiotic pills. I am experience more open enlarged pores which is freaking me out. Is this normal and should I be worried and perhaps stop the medication? I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone?

    Also, can doxy kill demodex mites on the skin if taken for a good amount of time? I have read it somewhere that it can, but am not sure.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Brady Barrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Honolulu, HI, USA
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by birdsing View Post
    I am currently taking Doxyciline antiobiotic pills. I am experience more open enlarged pores which is freaking me out. Is this normal and should I be worried and perhaps stop the medication? I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone?

    Also, can doxy kill demodex mites on the skin if taken for a good amount of time? I have read it somewhere that it can, but am not sure.
    Doxycycline is an antibiotic. It doesn't kill mites. The prescription drug of choice to kill mites is Ivermectin, an antiparasitic.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Doxycycline is an antibiotic. It doesn't kill mites. The prescription drug of choice to kill mites is Ivermectin, an antiparasitic.
    hi Brady,

    would neem oil either topically or supplements help with demodex? not much on it for rosacea/demodex but isnt it used to kill insects in gardens and some use it as a treatment for scabies?

    M

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Doxycycline is an antibiotic. It doesn't kill mites. The prescription drug of choice to kill mites is Ivermectin, an antiparasitic.
    I took ivermectin one time and it did nothing for me and I have had demodex found on skin through skin scraping. Unless demodex are not the culprit for my problems....Permethrin helped and ivermectin did absolutely nothing.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Brady Barrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Honolulu, HI, USA
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dryfairskin View Post
    hi Brady,

    would neem oil either topically or supplements help with demodex? not much on it for rosacea/demodex but isnt it used to kill insects in gardens and some use it as a treatment for scabies?

    M
    Not sure about neem oil. Might want to search this forum for posts on neem oil. TTO and Oil of Oregano have been used to treat demodex. For more info, scroll down to TREATMENT by clicking here.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Similar Threads

  1. Ivermectin (Stromectol)- To kill the mites
    By nbapoker in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 23rd September 2017, 09:32 AM
  2. Do you think Finacea can control/kill demodex mites population??
    By birdsing in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 6th May 2012, 07:57 PM
  3. Best Ways to Kill Demodex -
    By mrsmoof in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18th January 2012, 01:32 PM
  4. would selsun blue kill demodex mites.
    By dryfairskin in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19th December 2010, 03:57 PM
  5. Anyone tried Sea Buckthorn oil to kill mites? Ivermectin?
    By tobanonymous in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30th November 2005, 11:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •