Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: after my first honey mask

Unhappy after my first honey mask

last night was my first application of honey mask and when i woke up this morning i felt quite good. Actually my sister noticed that my face cleared a little bit. But right now at this moment i'm seeing small patches of SD coming out again on my left cheek. Is it normal during the first week? Aside from that, my skin around the mouth feels like burning although it does not look like inflamed. i will really appreciate any replies. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by arjane View Post
    last night was my first application of honey mask and when i woke up this morning i felt quite good. Actually my sister noticed that my face cleared a little bit. But right now at this moment i'm seeing small patches of SD coming out again on my left cheek. Is it normal during the first week? Aside from that, my skin around the mouth feels like burning although it does not look like inflamed. i will really appreciate any replies. thanks.
    The patches will persist as long as you have tissue damage. The only thing that can resolve tissue damage is TIME. Things like coconut oil can amplify the effect of time so I would recommend using coconut oil to amplify the healing process.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish View Post
    The patches will persist as long as you have tissue damage. The only thing that can resolve tissue damage is TIME. Things like coconut oil can amplify the effect of time so I would recommend using coconut oil to amplify the healing process.
    So the patches appearring is due to the tissue damage, I used steroid cream for a long time (more than 2 years) and suffering from many rebound effects (many acnes appear, spider veins and red patches). Now after stoping using it (for 3 weeks) and adopt honey treatment (since the last 9 days), my face heals a bit, but the patches appear and disapear continuously, it seems like now the honey mask doesn't work well on my face , though it worked perfectly on the first 6 days.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    So the patches appearring is due to the tissue damage, I used steroid cream for a long time (more than 2 years) and suffering from many rebound effects (many acnes appear, spider veins and red patches). Now after stoping using it (for 3 weeks) and adopt honey treatment (since the last 9 days), my face heals a bit, but the patches appear and disapear continuously, it seems like now the honey mask doesn't work well on my face , though it worked perfectly on the first 6 days.
    Manuka honey works because of its hydrogen peroxide content. HP is antibacterial. So, you're killing the bacteria on your skin, which is causing breakouts. But the hp on itself does not affect the mites, since they hide inside your skin. Until you address the mite problem you'll suffer the breakouts.
    "It's all illusion anyway."

how would i used the coconut oil? does coconut oil caused pimples?

scottish i read something about virgin coconut oil. here is the link http://www.healthsource.com.ph/index...-oil&Itemid=71

"Dermatitis. Dermatitis is characterized by inflammation of the skin. Rashes, hives, psoriasis, eczema, and even fungal infections can be involved in the occurrence of dermatitis. Coconut oil can often help relieve much of the inflammation, pain, and itching associated with dermatitis.

Doctors interested in natural approaches to patient care who are actively using virgin coconut oil are reporting positive results.

Based on my clinical practice at Makati Medical Center, nutritional supplements of virgin coconut oil lower the severity of psoriasis secondary infection and atopic dermatitis cases. - Vermen Verallo-Rowell, MD (Dermatologist)

As seen in the above cases virgin coconut oil can work wonders in relieving many types of dermatitis. Since dermatitis can have any number of causes, the response each person will experience may vary. If the cause of the dermatitis is localized in the affected skin, virgin coconut oil is very effective as a treatment. Dermatitis can also be a symptom of a problem in another part of the body such as the liver or colon. Toxins draining from these organs may be expelled though the skin causing the dermatitis. In this case, applying virgin coconut oil on the affected skin may only bring mild, temporary relief."

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    That's what I would hypothesize, yes. It's no different than having a really bad sunburn in my opinion. Your skin will flake and even scab in order to keep microbes out and water in; you need to let this process play out over time; you can facilitate the process with coconut oil applied generously at night and rinsed gently in the morning. The three people I am consulting with have had great results ditching the honey mask and concentrating on the coconut oil.

how would i used the coconut oil? does coconut oil caused pimples?
    I dipped cotton balls in melted coconut oil and then patted it all over my face. More is better. Let it sit overnight and then rinse with cool water in the morning.

No, it does NOT "cause" pimples. Pimples are caused by a bacterial infection. You may experience a TEMPORARY increase in acne when first using the coconut oil but it will subside over time. My hypothesis is that your skin is "subsuming" the microbial populations that live on your epidermis. As the new epithelial tissue migrates over the wound area, the microbes are "subsumed" by the immune response.

scottish i read something about virgin coconut oil. here is the link http://www.healthsource.com.ph/index...-oil&Itemid=71

"Dermatitis. Dermatitis is characterized by inflammation of the skin. Rashes, hives, psoriasis, eczema, and even fungal infections can be involved in the occurrence of dermatitis. Coconut oil can often help relieve much of the inflammation, pain, and itching associated with dermatitis.

Doctors interested in natural approaches to patient care who are actively using virgin coconut oil are reporting positive results.

Based on my clinical practice at Makati Medical Center, nutritional supplements of virgin coconut oil lower the severity of psoriasis secondary infection and atopic dermatitis cases. - Vermen Verallo-Rowell, MD (Dermatologist)

As seen in the above cases virgin coconut oil can work wonders in relieving many types of dermatitis. Since dermatitis can have any number of causes, the response each person will experience may vary. If the cause of the dermatitis is localized in the affected skin, virgin coconut oil is very effective as a treatment. Dermatitis can also be a symptom of a problem in another part of the body such as the liver or colon. Toxins draining from these organs may be expelled though the skin causing the dermatitis. In this case, applying virgin coconut oil on the affected skin may only bring mild, temporary relief."
    Sounds about right to me. The research I have done leads me to believe that coconut oil is beneficial because it serves as an analog for your own sebaceous secretions, which are absolutely essential for skin health. There is reason why so many people with this condition have "excessive" sebum production - the skin is literally dying for it.

Sounds about right to me. The research I have done leads me to believe that coconut oil is beneficial because it serves as an analog for your own sebaceous secretions, which are absolutely essential for skin health. There is reason why so many people with this condition have "excessive" sebum production - the skin is literally dying for it.
    My skin improved a little bit. When I woke up my skin is not oilier unlike before and I feel better. Is the application of the coconut oil must be done every night? can I use it as moisturizer during day? Uhm, do you also maintain your SD using coconut oil? Actually I don't know if you have SD, can you describe me your face before and after doing the coconut application? how long are you using this method? thanks