Thread: Texas vacation

Default Texas vacation

I went to Texas for one week and stayed at a ranch house. This was my
    first time there. it was sunny and 100 degree low humidity weather there. I was worried that my skin problems on face would get worse. Instead, my skin seemed to be getting better!

I stopped having pricking sensations on face, skin looked somewhat smoother, maybe less pink.

I used ZZ cream at night a few nights but a few nights slept in makeup from partying...

Bumps on face also seemed a little smaller.

The water after showering didn't seem to dry out my skin or make my skin feel prickly after showers.

I'm now confused because I have come back home and the first day back, skin was still fine. But since getting settled in at home and showering a few times, my skin is getting bad again. I'm feeling pricking and getting bumps and more redness again, particularly after showers. Skin seems dryer too. We don't have much sun here in NY right now and I haven't been going out anyway in it. We do have so much more humidity and I seem to be sweating more here than in Texas.

I am starting to wonder if demodex really is my problem or if my culprit to facial skin problems for one year is an allergy to water here in NY? Or to the humidity environmental factors? I've been thinking perhaps I have chronic prickly heat rash on my face.

or perhaps the mites just didn't like the Texas environment and were going away?

I don't believe it was so much a stress thing. I think something in t environment is exacerbating my
    problems OR the sun and getting vitamin D, the dry environment and perhaps cleaner or better water in Texas was helping me. Anyone experience anything like this?
    Anyone who has been diagnosed with demodex folliculitislike i have?

Quote Originally Posted by birdsing View Post
    I went to Texas for one week and stayed at a ranch house. This was my
    first time there. it was sunny and 100 degree low humidity weather there. I was worried that my skin problems on face would get worse. Instead, my skin seemed to be getting better!

I stopped having pricking sensations on face, skin looked somewhat smoother, maybe less pink.

I used ZZ cream at night a few nights but a few nights slept in makeup from partying...

Bumps on face also seemed a little smaller.

The water after showering didn't seem to dry out my skin or make my skin feel prickly after showers.

I'm now confused because I have come back home and the first day back, skin was still fine. But since getting settled in at home and showering a few times, my skin is getting bad again. I'm feeling pricking and getting bumps and more redness again, particularly after showers. Skin seems dryer too. We don't have much sun here in NY right now and I haven't been going out anyway in it. We do have so much more humidity and I seem to be sweating more here than in Texas.

I am starting to wonder if demodex really is my problem or if my culprit to facial skin problems for one year is an allergy to water here in NY? Or to the humidity environmental factors? I've been thinking perhaps I have chronic prickly heat rash on my face.

or perhaps the mites just didn't like the Texas environment and were going away?

I don't believe it was so much a stress thing. I think something in t environment is exacerbating my
    problems OR the sun and getting vitamin D, the dry environment and perhaps cleaner or better water in Texas was helping me. Anyone experience anything like this?
    Anyone who has been diagnosed with demodex folliculitislike i have?
    Funny you should mention this. I was on vacation last week, spent time at the beach and in a swimming pool, much more sun than I normally get and ate richer foods than my normal diet, also drank a bit of beer and wine. Before going on vacation I was afraid my skin would get worse but instead I had a really good skin week. I was trying to figure out if the ocean/sun/pool chlorine helped my skin.

As for home water issues. Do you use town water or do you have a well and did the location in Texas have well water? I often wonder if our skin doesn't like the water we are washing in.

-Dave-

Quote Originally Posted by flying_er View Post
    Funny you should mention this. I was on vacation last week, spent time at the beach and in a swimming pool, much more sun than I normally get and ate richer foods than my normal diet, also drank a bit of beer and wine. Before going on vacation I was afraid my skin would get worse but instead I had a really good skin week. I was trying to figure out if the ocean/sun/pool chlorine helped my skin.

As for home water issues. Do you use town water or do you have a well and did the location in Texas have well water? I often wonder if our skin doesn't like the water we are washing in.

-Dave-
    I wasn't really in pool chlorine water much so I don't believe it was that. I am tossing around the idea that the sun and vitamin D from the sun maybe was helpful. What location were you vacationing in specifically? perhaps the location you went to was a dryer climate?

The water I shower in is town water where I live and when I shower at my bf's in the city, it's
    NYC or Hudson river water.

I am unsure about what kind of water it was in Texas. I assume it was well water but I will ask to check in that and get back to you.

I have also noticed getting fresh air helps....it's all very odd but I really haven't done anything too different since coming back from Texas, so I guess it's
    an environmental factor.

I didn't have very oily skin, skin was less oily as matte while in Texas and I think it was because of the dryer air and low humidity.

I keep wondering and think that the sun helps with demodex because they don't like light. I noticed even here at home after sun bathing, skin looked slightly better for a few days and less bumps. I am
    unsure if it's the sun pissing off the mites or if it's
    just vitamin D or getting something beneficial from
    the sun into the skin. When I was in Texas the sun was definitely stronger....and was exposed to it a lot more....

Default Re: Texas vacation

On vacation I always clear up 100%.

I get to eat and drink whatever.

Either sun helps me....or stress is a huge trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Mister88 View Post
    On vacation I always clear up 100%.

I get to eat and drink whatever.

Either sun helps me....or stress is a huge trigger
    For me I don't think it's stress. I was stressed on my "vacation" because I was meeting bf's family & friends for first time. I am sure it was something else. Environmental.

I haw noticed a LOT of people here in NY have bad skin a lot like mine.

In Texas, people had smoother, clear better skin.

I wasn't really in pool chlorine water much so I don't believe it was that. I am tossing around the idea that the sun and vitamin D from the sun maybe was helpful. What location were you vacationing in specifically? perhaps the location you went to was a dryer climate?

The water I shower in is town water where I live and when I shower at my bf's in the city, it's
    NYC or Hudson river water.

I am unsure about what kind of water it was in Texas. I assume it was well water but I will ask to check in that and get back to you.

I have also noticed getting fresh air helps....it's all very odd but I really haven't done anything too different since coming back from Texas, so I guess it's
    an environmental factor.

I didn't have very oily skin, skin was less oily as matte while in Texas and I think it was because of the dryer air and low humidity.

I keep wondering and think that the sun helps with demodex because they don't like light. I noticed even here at home after sun bathing, skin looked slightly better for a few days and less bumps. I am
    unsure if it's the sun pissing off the mites or if it's
    just vitamin D or getting something beneficial from
    the sun into the skin. When I was in Texas the sun was definitely stronger....and was exposed to it a lot more....
    My vacation was 90 miles from where I live in New England so the weather was about the same. I did get more sun, that may have helped. Normally I try to avoid the sun and work in an office so get very little sun during the week. And I always wonder about water quality. My condition started around 4 years ago, about 6 months after moving into a new home.

-Dave-

For me I don't think it's stress. I was stressed on my "vacation" because I was meeting bf's family & friends for first time. I am sure it was something else. Environmental.

I haw noticed a LOT of people here in NY have bad skin a lot like mine.

In Texas, people had smoother, clear better skin.
    That is interesting. I have had a similiar experience, but rather in noticing the skin condition of a town's residents, rather than improving in any particular place myself.

In 2010, I took my little dog to a small city where there is a large University and also a Veterinary Teaching Hospital.
    So, a large portion of the population is either a student or teacher/professor of either. The city has horrible weather much of the year.
    One day I was standing at the traffic lights, waiting to cross the road and as I gazed around I noticed nearly everyone had horrible skin. Lots of them had what appeared to be rosacea. Lots had very red faces. It was raining and bitterly cold which didn't help matters.
    Many of these people were young and I had to wonder if climate, lack of vitamin D, plus the poor diet of students were the recipe for rosacea and or flushing syndromes. I bet they were indoors much of the year, eating fast food.

I spent ages in that Vet hospital. It was a hugely stressful time for me, yet compared to how I had been, I didn't do too badly.
    I observed that many of those who taught in the hospital as well as a number of students had the glow of rosacea.
    I have also noticed when watching tv science/physics documentaries, many of the physicists have red faces. Anyone else noticed this?

It has been so long since I have had a holiday, that I can't comment as to what affect it might have on my dysfunctional body.

A question for those whose skin improves while on holiday. Do you have the P&P type with little to no flushing?
    Previous Numerous IPL.
    Supplements: Niacinamide, Vit K2, low D3, Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Very low dose B's. Low dose zinc (to correct deficiency).
    Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
    Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
    Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
    Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistica View Post
    That is interesting. I have had a similiar experience, but rather in noticing the skin condition of a town's residents,

A question for those whose skin improves while on holiday. Do you have the P&P type with little to no flushing?
    My primary problem is P&Ps but I also have some flushing issues. I'd say that both of my issues were better than normal during this past vacation.

Interesting what you noted about entire populations have better or worse skin depending on the climate/environment. I've never noticed that but have also never looked for it. I'll keep my eyes open for that in the future.

-Dave-

New York City water does not come from the Hudson River. It comes from resevoirs in Westchester County, and the Catskill mountains and is tunneled into the city. It's actually won national taste awards. Believe me, I noticed the difference when I moved to New Jersey where the water tastes like it came from a swimming pool. I really doubt that the water is the source of the problem
    Arlene

Many report improved Rosacea when taking a vacation.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi