Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ivermectin & more

Default Ivermectin & more

Hello All:

I'm a newbie to this forum. I've been reading everything I think might work, especially Ivermectin 1% Solution applied topically. My alleged "diagnosed Rosacea" is on my face & nose. I never believed that diagnosis. Did some research and thought it was autoimmune or menopausal related. I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis and was menopausal at the time of diagnosis.

I was successfully using ProActiv for 10 years for my alleged Rosacea but stopped using it all together because I thought my "Rosacea" was gone. 4 months later I've had a sudden, acute outbreak on the nose. It itched and still itches like crazy, especially at night.

Further: I've always had scalp, skin, skin allergy problems, allergic to mesquito & flea bites, diagnosed by different Drs with different disease names, all skin related. Rosacea & Scalp diagnoses include Seb. Sebboric Exema, names I can't remember but the worst diagnosis: "excoriation". "Psychosis" and "delusions of parasites" [my favorite] which if the problems are not bad enough on an emotional level, isn't helpful so I stay away from Derm Doctors now. They Ain't It!!

Suddenly it seemed I was suffering from "post-adolescent acne" at the age of 49. Derm Dr. said Rosacea, prescribed daily low dose antibiotics, Metrogel and special non-intrusive soap prescription which didn't make a dent except make me sensitive to the sun due to the daily dose of antibiotics. Derm dr's, are they stupid or what?

ProActiv worked for 10 years. Not a cure but a treatment that worked extremely well, so well I thought I was cured BUT I've started using it again and it's not working on my nose at all. FYI: I haven't been able to find any blogs about ProActiv and Rosacea.

I've used TTO for about 4 days now, 3 to 4 times a day. Today is day 5 and I've stopped that. TTO results: Pours have detoxed, nose is swollen, red, raw and sore now. About 3 bad boy lesions on the nose have established residency. TTO is beginning to burn and my face feels raw. I don't think it will provide the results I need, nose is still itchy but not as bad, itches inside the nostrils a bit too.

THE QUESTION:

I'm now moving on to Ivermectin with some fear of the unknown, especially because my face is a bit raw from the TTO but I don't have a problem cramming the paste down my dear horses mouths, whom I LOVE.

PLUS, I've read [and believe] if you don't treat your scalp you're wasting your time so my question [finally]: How to apply Ivermectin 1% Solution to threat the scalp? I have long hair. Is there a method for applying it to the scalp & face? What is the process?

Because I have horses, live in the US, this product is easy to get, including syringe and needle I used last night to get the solution from the bottle to squirt onto a cotton pad. I used a tiny bit last night on 2 bad boy spots only, after soaking in the tub for hours with Nizoral AD [dandruff] Shampoo and a tiny bit of TTO on the nose & face. I have a feeling the theory about treating the hair or nothing will really work on the face may be true. I trust my feelings.

I'm really resonating with the Ivermectin idea, I give the paste to my horses (1.7% paste) every 6 to 12 weeks.

Can ANYONE Respond to me regarding:

* How does one use Ivermectin 1% Solution to treat Demodex on the scalp, face and elsewhere, like the neck?
    * What is the method of application to face, scalp, neck? Can you bath with it? Exactly how are people applying this product?
    * Does the horse paste, at 1.7%, applied topically have good or bad results?
    * Can you add it to your shampoo? If so, what is the receipe and would one use the paste 1.7% or solution 1%?
    * Are there any posted Formulas, Receipes, Alchemy, etc for Ivermectin shampoo, conditioner?
    * Is there any information regarding Black Walnut Tincture, Cloves or Wormwood treatments for Demodex?

Although not as important, can anyone respond to these questions:

* Is anyone using Nioxin Hair Care Products? If so, what have been your results?
    * Has anyone out there ever had good results with ProActiv Solution?

Any information regarding results and/or how to apply Ivermectin product would be wonderful! Especially to the scalp.

I already know about the Chinese company that sells products for this problem but for some reason I balk at the idea of ordering their products. Perhaps as a last resort.

Finally, I believe as a matter of true fact that people EVERYWHERE not only have but suffer from all types of parasites which eventually kill the hose, they die from them daily in the Western World of Advanced [Corporate] Medicine, under the guise of the American Medical Association's & World Health Organization's diagnosisís, such as Cancer. After all, there is no money in curing otherwise REALLY EXPENSIVE diseases with A LOW COST WORMER . Third world countries treat humans with Ivermectin regularly but we American's don't have these alleged parasites, only our pets do. Yeah! Right!!! ??? Anyone sleep with your pet?

Good books to read about Intestional Parasites are: "Guess what came to dinner", "The Cure for All Diseases", "Tissue Cleansing Throught Bowel Management" and so many more which I have used with great success. This external parasite is mystifying and I have no real information I can apply. I'm hoping to find great answers here in this forum.

Suffering and hating it, looking for major relief or better yet, a way to kill the buggars completely and let GOD sort them out.

Thanks for your time, Alanaray

hi Alanaray,

draw up the Equine ivomec (or bovine -- the clear "injectible" one) into a medicine dropper syringe (small one) and use this to apply ivermec to your scalp. Just put it where it itches mainly (you may feel pimples). Or just make several parts one at a time and sow the iver into the rows. Rub. You ought to also get tea tree oil (TTO) and use this the same way several times a week. Or make a combo of tto and Eucalyptus. Whatever you fancy :-) The iver you won't have to wash out the next day. The tto may flatten your hair. It all depends how much you use and the brand. I use NOW brand, which I find on line. I buy the big bottles.

Maybe you overdid the tto on your skin. It's most effective over night, just like the iver/ivomec. Put either on before lights out. You can use it all over. I used it on neck, chest, back.

For soothing your skin, and killing bugs, you can use sea buckthorn oil (aka sea buckthorn seed oil)It's very emollient. Comes in tiny bottles. Available on line.

I use iver alone. But the tto for skin I combine with sbo. And if you read my story, you see I also use a potion made of hydrogen peroxide, borax and tto. This you can use all day. When I started using it I noticed changes every hour (that's why I say all day. YOu got me regarding the logic of bugs and bug killers). You can soak up to your chin in the borax-hp-tto combo. I dunk in hair, face and all. Do a regular soak for 20 mins in hot water (but not so hot you faint!!!!!).

You can also find tto shampoo and conditioner. There's tto bathsoap also effective are zinc soaps (bar and liquid).

The herbs you list are anti-parasite; a good idea to take. I did.

Are you on the paleo diet? Very effective.

Regards to your horses!!!!!!!!

G
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Default Thank you Ghost!

I have some sort of odd fear of putting Iver on my face and at the same time I feel Iver is the ticket! All I needed to know was how to use it. THANK YOU!

I was really hoping to get a response from you in particular. Seems you've done a lot and have learned valuable lessons. Thank you again and I will let you know how it turns out if you're interested.

Presently at hand I have Iver 1% solution (bovine & swine), TTO, Eucalyptus Oil, cotton pads, syringes (cause I have cats & horses) and Hydrogen Peroxide. It will take a while to collect everything so I can't test drive all of your theories quite yet. I do intend to purchase the Tea Tree Hair Care products. I've been using Nioxin for hair and like I mentioned ad nasum, ProActiv Solution.

Regarding diet: Do you mean a high protien, no carb diet, like Atkin's? Your writing style leads me to believe you may not be in the USA. I don't speak English, I speak American, California Slang in fact. So I'm not sure what these diet titles you've mentioned in your posts represent. Please advise.

Looking forward to killing all of these little monsters.

Thanks again and again! Alanaray and the ponies!

Alanaray,

Yes, like Atkins -- (although I think some wheat sneaks in there? I don't know. Someone I know did it for losing weight, but kept eating spaghetti!)

Anyway, what you want to do is cut out wheat mainly since that has glucose. Glucose does all kinds of strange things to our insides. At first cut out all the white stuff: flours, rice, potatoes, sugar.

Eat mainly meat/fish/poultry + leafy things. Do that for 30 days and you should see a super-charged change.

If you have the injectable iver, just use it as a topical tonight, as described on your scalp, and for your face, just pat it on with your fingertips. It beads a little and is very runny, but you know that. You don't need a ton. Gently pat it in before lights out.

I use it a few days in a row. Probably there are some worse patches on your skin. Don't only treat these, because the bugs like to walk around. Don't give them a chance to find a safe place. These are really opportunistic little buggers.

The iver really kills them. The other stuff is good maintenance so you don't always have to use iver (my feeling is I don't want it to somehow become ineffective, that's why I use it sparingly).

Oh -- very important -- change your pillow cases every day. Wash them hot. I just did loads of laundry today. I used hot water + detergent + borax + 15 drops of tto in the wash and 15 more drops in the softener cycle. Then dry bone dry.

If you have body stuff, change all the bedding daily.

Good stuff, you and the ponies sharing drugs :-)

G

Default ;^)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Alanaray,

Yes, like Atkins -- (although I think some wheat sneaks in there? I don't know. Someone I know did it for losing weight, but kept eating spaghetti!)

Anyway, what you want to do is cut out wheat mainly since that has glucose. Glucose does all kinds of strange things to our insides. At first cut out all the white stuff: flours, rice, potatoes, sugar.

Eat mainly meat/fish/poultry + leafy things. Do that for 30 days and you should see a super-charged change.

If you have the injectable iver, just use it as a topical tonight, as described on your scalp, and for your face, just pat it on with your fingertips. It beads a little and is very runny, but you know that. You don't need a ton. Gently pat it in before lights out.

I use it a few days in a row. Probably there are some worse patches on your skin. Don't only treat these, because the bugs like to walk around. Don't give them a chance to find a safe place. These are really opportunistic little buggers.

The iver really kills them. The other stuff is good maintenance so you don't always have to use iver (my feeling is I don't want it to somehow become ineffective, that's why I use it sparingly).

Oh -- very important -- change your pillow cases every day. Wash them hot. I just did loads of laundry today. I used hot water + detergent + borax + 15 drops of tto in the wash and 15 more drops in the softener cycle. Then dry bone dry.

If you have body stuff, change all the bedding daily.

Good stuff, you and the ponies sharing drugs :-)

G

Quote Originally Posted by Alanaray View Post
    LOL! How cute is that?!

Looking forward to hearing how you do.

Separately

BTW, the National Rosacea folk in their latest mailing have decided that, gee, demodex may actually be causing rosacea and disrupting the skin barrier. Do you all think they're reading this forum? Hello, NRS!!

:-)

G

BTW, the National Rosacea folk in their latest mailing have decided that, gee, demodex may actually be causing rosacea and disrupting the skin barrier. Do you all think they're reading this forum? Hello, NRS!!

G

Doctors are very educated people.

LOL! How cute is that?!

Looking forward to hearing how you do.

Separately

G
    Hello Again Ghost!

It's Alanaray. I've made you my official Demodex Guru (only in my mind), so I return to seek more info. I have been using TTO and Ivermectin and Camphor oil and Rosemary in various concoctions for hair and face (no rosemary on the face). I read that DMSO 70% w/30% Aloe makes all of this stuff penetrate deeper and faster so I add that some times with my various concoctions. Using Tea Tree Oil Shampoo and conditioner too.

My scalp feels fab! Eyebrows cleared up, just waiting for some of those little hairs to come back in one eyebrow patch .... but my nose! Bummer! It's never ending and seems to be worse. Is this some detox or die off issue? sometimes my nose appears to be healing up then all of a sudden BAM! There back... the oozy little pustules. Is this good or bad? Do you know?

The good part is... the creepy crawly feeling which suddenly occurred all over my face one afternoon has finally subsided almost completely. When a new batch of bumps appear (in the same places) on my nose, I get the TTO right away and as I apply it, all hell breaks loose again, I feel little crawlys on and around my nose but stops after a short while. In fact, my nose hasn't healed completely yet, it just looks and feels like it it going to any day but then I have another episode. So, what do you know? Does this sound like I'm getting a handle on it or am I just doing all of this in vain? Has anyone you know of gotten this under control? Please advise. I look forward to hearing from you. Alanaray

Hi Alanaray,

Since everything else is clearing up, then it sound like it's just demodex. That's great. I guess, because there is no way I know, that your nose is just an extra juicy spot for the horrible things. (And let's get even more gross: I found using castor oil inside my nose was a good idea. Just get a Q-tip (aka cotton bud, cotton swab) and put some castor oil on it and lightly coat the inside of your nostrils.)

You have the Ivomec, correct? The one with the bull's head? I had a great clearing by using Ivomec for 2 weeks at bedtime on my face. After that, no more nothing. I had been using it sparingly, really. But then I thought "do or die" and did 2 weeks. I'm still here. The bugs are not.

So, just be nice to your face, wash with something good morning and evening. Put on your regular face in the morning. At night, before bed, I would use the Ivomec. You can even put a thin layer of your moisturizer on ahead of time (e.g. wash your face when you get home; use your light moisturizer and then, hours later at bed time I would put on the Ivomec).

Do you have tea tree oil shampoo? Keep using this to keep them off of your scalp. And keep changing your pillow cases daily.

Are you doing the super low-carb? That's important. and don't forget the herbs: Garden of Life Yeast FREEze, Renew Life ParaGone. Every little step helps. Drink lots of water.

G

Quote Originally Posted by Alanaray View Post
    Hello Again Ghost!

It's Alanaray. I've made you my official Demodex Guru (only in my mind), so I return to seek more info. I have been using TTO and Ivermectin and Camphor oil and Rosemary in various concoctions for hair and face (no rosemary on the face). I read that DMSO 70% w/30% Aloe makes all of this stuff penetrate deeper and faster so I add that some times with my various concoctions. Using Tea Tree Oil Shampoo and conditioner too.

My scalp feels fab! Eyebrows cleared up, just waiting for some of those little hairs to come back in one eyebrow patch .... but my nose! Bummer! It's never ending and seems to be worse. Is this some detox or die off issue? sometimes my nose appears to be healing up then all of a sudden BAM! There back... the oozy little pustules. Is this good or bad? Do you know?

The good part is... the creepy crawly feeling which suddenly occurred all over my face one afternoon has finally subsided almost completely. When a new batch of bumps appear (in the same places) on my nose, I get the TTO right away and as I apply it, all hell breaks loose again, I feel little crawlys on and around my nose but stops after a short while. In fact, my nose hasn't healed completely yet, it just looks and feels like it it going to any day but then I have another episode. So, what do you know? Does this sound like I'm getting a handle on it or am I just doing all of this in vain? Has anyone you know of gotten this under control? Please advise. I look forward to hearing from you. Alanaray

Hi everyone!

I'm fighting with demodex on my scalp and on my face. I don't have any papules on my face but it is red.... My scalp itches...

I've already read a lot of topics about it, the one think I would like to ask is that an I put ivomec right on my sclap or should I delute it.

Thank you very much for your help!!!! Every answer is very much appreciated!!!!

Anita