Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: I'm sick of this... I need help, any advice...

  1. #11
    Senior Member Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,033

    Default

    That's sure what I was suffering from. Christine described my pre-paleo diet to a T.

    Weird thing is I so distinctly remember hearing about wheat and the villi in grammar school. The way the teacher described it the villi would starve and become fragile like glass; they'd break off and there wouldn't be anything there to absorb your nutrients. You wuz good as dead.

    I was appalled. How come the all-American diet was ALL about wheat, I wondered. But not out loud, I figured that would be "a stupid question."


    G
    "It's all illusion anyway."

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    27

    Default

    I am thinking my issue is with gluten as well. That or dairy. I used to wake up every morning feeling congested. I used to clear my throat constantly. People teased me about it. I used to feel like I had sinus issues all the time. That all stopped about a month ago. I can't say yet if it's wheat or dairy, but I have been avoiding both because I just feel much much better without them.

    I was also a vegetarian before this, which meant I ate a lot of sandwiches, pasta and a lot of cheese. The whole time I considered my diet to be healthy. Now I eat turkey and chicken and occasionally grass fed ground beef. I still can't bring myself to eat pork. I do find it interesting that my vegetarian friends think they are eating so well but they eat so much bread, sugar, dairy and pasta. I feel like rosacea has really opened my eyes to how crappy American diets are.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,033

    Default

    Florida, same with me (veg.) and I eat seafood, too. As I posted before I eat what my cats eat (they had broccoli rabe tonight and enjoy other veggies). The menu is vegetable heavy, but I have chicken, turkey and just a bit of grass-fed beef. I vary my food much more now, too. I think that's very important to prevent a sensitivity cropping up.

    G
    "It's all illusion anyway."

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floridagirl View Post
    I feel like rosacea has really opened my eyes to how crappy American diets are.
    Good point! I'm pretty confident that it ultimately was my unhealthy lifestyle that caused rosacea for me. So in a sense I'm thankful that I got it now rather than later. If i was to continue the bad eating/sleeping-habits and smoking I'm pretty sure I would have got it sooner or later anyway. And I also learned the importance of good health with it.

  5. #15
    Senior Member IowaDavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Iowa, U.S.
    Posts
    1,415

    Default

    I'd recommend you read about low-level light therapy options. I had a similar onset age and went through a slew of treatment options before finding my way into Red light therapy LLLT.

    I'd agree with Brady that eating a better, low-carb, anti-inflammatory diet is good idea for rosacea and generally for you.

    Feel free to PM me if you'd like. I'd be happy to discuss options with you in more length. There's plenty of info on this site, though. There's no substitute for educating yourself.

    Best,

    David

    Quote Originally Posted by RudolfRedFace View Post
    Hi, I'm a 21 tear old male, I'm not sure how long I've actually had rosacea now. At least a year, but looking at pictures two years ago I can now see that I actually had it then, just so little I didn't noticed. So I don't know really, but it's been clear it developed to become a problem about a year ago.

    Anyway, I can't lie, the last year's been like hell, clearly the worst year of my life so far. My self-esteem is not what is used to be, I shy away from people, I'm constantly stressed and depressed and have even been suicidal(and still am sometimes). I saw one other guy post a thread here where he asked if anyone ever felt like "why me", and yes, I do all the time, but the worst part is realising that it's probably because of my bad lifestyle habits in the past that i got the condition: In my teen years I never had good sleeping habits and would stay up all night and wake up early for school. I was never active, I was eating pretty unhealthy for the most part and I was stressed very often.

    In this short time of a year, I've had three lasers, tried antibiotics, tried eating healthy (and I still am), exercising, I never take hot showers anymore and avoid hot envorinments like the plague. I use sunscreen when it's sunny outside. I get enough sleep. In general I'm trying all the things that is known to maybe help... I can't honestly say I've followed these things perfectly; I have eaten unhealthy a few times, taken some hot showers, stopped exercising for a while, but in general I have followed these things and at this moment I follow all these things better than ever, for example I will never take a hot shower in my life anymore, because I know that means flare up for me.

    At this moment I'm trying Finacea, and I was actually surprised and happy to see it working to a degree. I've used it for exactly two months now, and at least the pimples are very reduced which I'm glad to see, and also the redness to some degree(although I'm not that satisfied with the reduction in redness). People who are using/have tried Finacea: Can I expect much more improvement after the two months of use?

    But, to the point of the thread: As I said I've tried all of the most common things that are known to help and I still got redness that is so bad it's almost unlivable to me.... when i get flare ups I just can't be around people and I think it's ruining my life, I know I'm not alone and this isn't me asking for sympathy, I'm asking this: I need advice, Finacea seems to help, but the redness isn't nearly where I would wish for it to be, and even though I have hopes for Finacea, I know I'm only fooling myself if I think it will help for certain - because that's not true... in fact I've come to realise that the redness could also get worse instead of better, even though I hate the thought of it, it's just how it is. So: If it doesn't get better, or just slightly better, what should I do?? I can't live with it, I just can't.... I know most people would just reply "well you have to" to that, but what should I do if it doesnt get better? I've gone trough a year, just ONE year with a condition that is chronic, and I've thought about killing myself in only that time, what should I do to survive with this condition if it doesn't get better or even gets worse? I feel hopeless, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Good for you. I have advocated eating low carb / high protein for years. It works for me. Not a cure, but it does control it. Thanks for your follow up. I have a book with suggestions. You can get a free copy by following the directions and clicking here.
    I rather like remaining anonymous; can I ask why people must provide so much information--address, telephone number?

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    38

    Default

    I just realized I've been eating margarine thinking it was "basically the same as butter" all this time. I feel stupid... But now that I've switched to butter, which is a way more healthy way to get your fats from, maybe I will notice an improvement.

    Anyone that is good on nutrition, have I got it right?: Margarine contains mostly seed oils/vegetable oil which is bad for you because they have a bad omega 6/omega 3-ratio(in other words high in omega 6) which cause inflammation in the body if the ratio is high on the omega 6 side. And butter isn't inflammatory at all, from what I've read at least, it's neutral in terms of inflammation. - Please correct me if I'm wrong!

    I guess I have to admit I need to learn more about nutrition.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Brady Barrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Centre, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    5,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgana View Post
    I rather like remaining anonymous; can I ask why people must provide so much information--address, telephone number?
    To join the RRDi we need to know who you are and provide contact info which is a legal requirement to become a corporate member. There are obviously other ways to obtain this information anonymously. Try Googling it.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi



  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2
    Country: United States

    Default Redness

    Quote Originally Posted by RudolfRedFace View Post
    The time after I wrote this I've continued to struggle every day in life, but recently things has started to look brighter - I've tried a thing I should have done a long time ago; quit eating bread and carbs in general, and try to only consume carbs from vegetables. And, to my surprise, it looks like it's working, in fact better than any medication and treatments I've tried. So, If anyone who reads this is in the same situation as I was in, meaning having tried every medicine and treatment there is, I want to encourage you to start on a low carb diet. I don't know why I was sceptical towards this, but my sceptisism is now gone, cutting carbs has worked. I'm hoping to refine mye diet even more now and hopefully I will see even more results. I just want this post to potentially be of value to someone who maybe just has gotten rosacea and are looking for treatment, or anyone that might underestimate the effects of a diet low in carbohydrates as I did.

    If someone are interested in the things I've been eating lately:

    Tuna
    Pork
    Chicken
    Eggs
    Butter
    Sour Cream
    lettuce
    cabbage
    broccoli
    carrots
    apples
    sausages (I'm gonna cut out these now, because it's hard to know whether or not they contain added sugar)
    Ain't drinking anything but water

    And that's about all I'm eating now. I'm trying to find the healthiest, cheapest and lowest in carbs- food I can find. I also take fish oil supplements. Btw, if anyone has any ideas of food I can add to the list, that would be much appreciated.
    I am with you. I am so sick of this. I dont even want to go out anymore. I stopped riding my motorcycle because of the sun I might get which inflames the condition. It's not just appearance; this hurts! It is painful and I am so over it. I just joined here and thankfully am finding I am not alone. I hope we can all find relief soon. I have just started taking acidophilus and am going to try a liver cleanse. I read somewhere that this had a tremendous effect for one of us. I just wanted to post here because I wanted to let you know you shouldnt be considering suicide. This is painful and it really sucks, but at end of the day, we are still alive and can enjoy the bounties of earth in nature, relationships and love. I totally understand your frustration; I have become a hermit myself because I have taken a hit to my self confidence; something I never had a problem with. But between the incredible flare ups ad the pain that goes with it, I just dont have the desire or motivation to go out and socialize. I am hoping a cure will be found soon. This sucks.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    218
    Country: United States

    Default

    There will be no cure in our lifetime.

Similar Threads

  1. Sick of rosacea!
    By queta in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 3rd July 2012, 06:26 PM
  2. I am sick of blushing!
    By Adamm in forum Similar and co-existing conditions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13th May 2012, 09:07 AM
  3. wow i am so sick of this.....
    By susan d in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 9th March 2012, 11:04 AM
  4. Sick of RED
    By windycity in forum Newbie questions / Introduction
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23rd July 2011, 02:45 PM
  5. Sick of my job
    By Aklady09 in forum Diet, lifestyle and relationships
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 23rd April 2010, 01:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •