Thread: Could Use Some Help/Feedback--What does this look like to you?

Default Could Use Some Help/Feedback--What does this look like to you?

Hey everyone,

I still am unsure if I have rosacea-- I was flushing after using a steroid cream a few months back but that has stopped. Now I really only get red after being out in the hot summer sun and with intense exercise-- OH- anxiety as well.

I actually think that I may have seb derm. I have redness around my nasal folds and flakes. After a hot shower or being outside in hot sun sweating, I get a rash on my forehead that is red and slightly raised and then I will notice red dots into my hairline. The forehead rash goes away after a little bit so I am unsure if it's an allergy (cholinergic urticaria) or seb derm. I also have some redness on my nose and if I look closely, there are visible flakes. I can't scratch them off, more flakes appear.

I also have some patchy redness around my face. It seems to be getting a tad bit worse- I am upset I don't know what the problem is, I just want to get it under control. I had a derm appt. but I had to cancel it because something came up. I guess I will schedule another appt-- I don't really want to go because it will cause me anxiety and I keep hoping that one day I will wake up and my face be back to normal.. but it never happens There are days when it looks better but it's never really gone. I have a lot of flaky skin as well-- which is abnormal for me in the summer time.

Does this sound like seb derm? Maybe I should begin the honey treatment? I uploaded a couple pics of my forehead after a hot shower and being outside in hot sun. Any feedback would really be appreciated!!

Thanks!

forehead 1.jpgAfter being out in hot sun.jpg

I want to add that tonight after my warm bath, I had red dots on my scalp.. But they go away when I cool down. Any ideas?

I cannot say if it is seb derm or not but why don't you try the honey treatment and see if it helps? From my understanding it just might and you have little to lose. As for the red spots when you are taking a warm bath/shower just try a cooler temp and see if that helps. When I take a too warm shower I get red blotches too. It's our darn overly sensitive skin!

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa W View Post
    I cannot say if it is seb derm or not but why don't you try the honey treatment and see if it helps? From my understanding it just might and you have little to lose. As for the red spots when you are taking a warm bath/shower just try a cooler temp and see if that helps. When I take a too warm shower I get red blotches too. It's our darn overly sensitive skin!
    Thanks, Melissa.

Maybe I will give the honey treatment a try! Thanks again.

You're welcome and good luck!