Thread: I think I am suffering from Seb Derm

Default I think I am suffering from Seb Derm

I think that I am suffering from Seb Derm on my face but I am not sure. My skin was flushing after using a steroid cream last winter, but then it stopped flushing and I was ok. I now have some patchy, really dry areas on my face. (some of it was from the flushing as it was intense for about a week). But this seems different. Around my nostrils and nose folds it's very red and flaky. I notice that after being in the sun my skin looks better but it looks very red after a shower and after exercise.

I'm getting really annoyed with it-- my family says that it doesn't look bad but I have noticed the change in my skin. I really have no idea how to get rid of the redness- in some areas it's very persistent. Some days I feel happy because I think that it's improving and other days (like today) I think it looks like crap and am discouraged.

I also have a lot of blocked pores and whiteheads-- it's like my skin is so dry, that it's clogging my pores. Again it doesn't look horrible, but it's bothersome to me. I don't have any triggers-- well I only look flushy after a hot shower or exercise but I suffer from a physical urticaria so that could be part of it. I can drink alcohol and be fine out in the sun. I uploaded a couple of pictures but it's hard to see anything.

I do realize that many people have it worse than me but this is still bothersome because I have noticed a change in my skin, just don't what's wrong and how to fix it. I would rather be out living my life than sitting here worried about my skin!! I suffer from some BDD issues so I think the anxiety is worse than my skin troubles.

Any help would be so much appreciated!!

Attachment 1351Attachment 1352

Here are some pics

It's hard to see really anything in them though. You can see it more under certain lighting but I suppose I am being a little bit obsessive.

face 2.jpgface 1.jpg

Suggest you get a dermatologist to diagnose this. Read up on diagnosis so you can have some questions to ask your dermatologist when you get an appointment.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi