Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Demodex?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Thank you all so much. I am totally grossed out but happy at the same time. I'm on the right path to find a solution.
    Everyday I'm more certain this is my problem.

I'm not sure about tails. In theory it seems plausible maybe a species thats is bigger than usual?? On occasion I've plucked some out & looked under a microscope x60 lens. It just looked like a piece of clear crystal - irregular, some parts smooth & blob like, some parts jagged, hollow when they cuff the hair. I cant see any mites but, maybe they are clumped together - yuk! However nothing moves.

Wish doctors would take me seriously but like you say I need to take it into my own hands.
    I get itchy episodes on my scalp. I use a tea tree shampoo but Is there something else I could be using to kill the mites?
    the whole idea of our bodies crawling with little tiny creatures is kind-of gross but try not to let it freak you out too much as it's pretty much the way the world operates. As long as the demodex mites don't get out of control, they don't do any harm!

You mention that you've used TTO in witch hazel which makes me curious: they shouldn't really work together since witch hazel isn't oily, is it? Doesn't the TTO separate out? Also, what proportions were you using of each and how often were you applying the mixture and to what areas? And, likewise, how exactly are you using the shampoo? Do you lather and leave it on the scalp for a few minutes? Do you also scrub your eyebrows and lashes?

Maybe some of us can help you tweak your routine a bit by sharing our own experiences. If that sounds good, just shout .

Quote Originally Posted by Annoula View Post
    the whole idea of our bodies crawling with little tiny creatures is kind-of gross but try not to let it freak you out too much as it's pretty much the way the world operates. As long as the demodex mites don't get out of control, they don't do any harm!

You mention that you've used TTO in witch hazel which makes me curious: they shouldn't really work together since witch hazel isn't oily, is it? Doesn't the TTO separate out? Also, what proportions were you using of each and how often were you applying the mixture and to what areas? And, likewise, how exactly are you using the shampoo? Do you lather and leave it on the scalp for a few minutes? Do you also scrub your eyebrows and lashes?

Maybe some of us can help you tweak your routine a bit by sharing our own experiences. If that sounds good, just shout .
    Hi Annoula yes in theory the dont mix but i use a atomiser/spray bootle give it a goos shakle first and it works.
    I use Faith tea tree shampoo & conditioner leave on 1 minute or 2 before rinsing - probably not very effective but its something.
    My face stings/burning/prickles/ crawling felling- I have some days better than others but never clear of sensations.
    I have eye lash loss & eyebrow hair loss - not much to cause balding but definately thinning.
    I get white gunk collecting outer corners of eyes
    I have broken capillaries on cheeks and micro pustules every now and then.
    I have hard tiny white spikes sticking out of pores - around eyes, lower cheek and jawline.
    I guess my cheeks look pink but at the mo. I can get away with it looking like a healthy glow - ironically.

I've taken to plunge into an intensive treatment and started using soolantra last night. Why after 9 months of just natural treatments?? Guess its was because I only seemed to by managing things. Nothing was taking away the sensations as much as I'd like so figure the demodex population is still thriving. Last straw was 2 nights ago I plucked a white spike and examined x60 it like I usualy do, but this time something crawled out. I watched it crawl across my thumbnail with morbid curiosity then I doused it in tea tree and washed it off!!! Cant get over how tiny it was - microscopic! lol So now I've witness them living on me I feel I've got to kill them.
    Just dont know how to blitz my scalp.
    What treaments do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by mick1234 View Post
    Hi,

I have been suffering from rosacea for a number of years now. Main symptoms are blushing/flushing and paps and postules. The p n p's bothered me the most and mostly affected around the mouth area and the nose. I am now treating these p n p's with organic diet and ZZ cream. The theory is that the demodex mite is the culprit.

My skin has improved greatly but now my eyes are getting worse. They are dry red and irritated along the rim of the eyelid where the eyelashes are. They now water or tear up very easily. They are tearing as I type now and they just look shocking, like ive been out all night taking drugs.

Could it be that now that Im killing the mite on my facial area they are now taking refuge in my eyelashes?

Does anyone have any idea how to treat a potential mite infestation in your eyelids?
    I've struggled with ocular rosacea for almost 10 yrs and recently found a regiment that has helped immensely. It may not work for everyone, of course, but it has improved me back to about 90% normal. I was using eye drops at least 20 times a day, but now I only use them 2-3 times. I also had extreme ocular pain and headaches and had to put ice packs on my eyes every evening after work, but that is gone now.

What has worked for me is a combination of these things:
    1. CLIRADEX WIPES!! They are eye lid scrubs and are pricey, but they are miraculous! They will burn like h*ll the first several applications, but the results are worth the pain. Don't give up! I saw/felt results within 3-5 days. I used them twice a day for 6 weeks, before bed and when i woke up, then switched to just 1 time before bed after that.
    2. I switched to using products that contained tea tree oil... Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc.
    3. I thoroughly wash my face and neck with a mild cleanser and tea tree oil. 1 pump cleanser + 1 drop of tea tree oil and mix before applying to your face/washcloth (do not get in eyes). Do this every morning and every night.
    4. After washing my face and using the CLIRADEX wipes, I apply Soolantra cream to my entire face and neck.
    5. I then apply Wonder Lash serum by Monat to my eye lids every night and morning. This has actually made my lashes grow back!! Over the years, my lashes have fallen out and have grown in weird patterns. They are now longer and more full than they have ever been! The serum conditions and soothes my eye lids too.
    6. This is the one I hate... I have cut out most sugar and carbs from my diet. When I fall off the wagon and eat sugar or carbs, my eyes are more red and irritated the next day.

It sounds like a lot, but once you make these things a routine it's pretty easy. I honestly look forward to washing my face/lids because I finally have the sense of relief I've been searching for over the last 10 yrs. I hope this info helps you or someone reading it. Good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ksqtpie View Post
    I've struggled with ocular rosacea for almost 10 yrs and recently found a regiment that has helped immensely. It may not work for everyone, of course, but it has improved me back to about 90% normal. I was using eye drops at least 20 times a day, but now I only use them 2-3 times. I also had extreme ocular pain and headaches and had to put ice packs on my eyes every evening after work, but that is gone now.

What has worked for me is a combination of these things:
    1. CLIRADEX WIPES!! They are eye lid scrubs and are pricey, but they are miraculous! They will burn like h*ll the first several applications, but the results are worth the pain. Don't give up! I saw/felt results within 3-5 days. I used them twice a day for 6 weeks, before bed and when i woke up, then switched to just 1 time before bed after that.
    2. I switched to using products that contained tea tree oil... Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc.
    3. I thoroughly wash my face and neck with a mild cleanser and tea tree oil. 1 pump cleanser + 1 drop of tea tree oil and mix before applying to your face/washcloth (do not get in eyes). Do this every morning and every night.
    4. After washing my face and using the CLIRADEX wipes, I apply Soolantra cream to my entire face and neck.
    5. I then apply Wonder Lash serum by Monat to my eye lids every night and morning. This has actually made my lashes grow back!! Over the years, my lashes have fallen out and have grown in weird patterns. They are now longer and more full than they have ever been! The serum conditions and soothes my eye lids too.
    6. This is the one I hate... I have cut out most sugar and carbs from my diet. When I fall off the wagon and eat sugar or carbs, my eyes are more red and irritated the next day.

It sounds like a lot, but once you make these things a routine it's pretty easy. I honestly look forward to washing my face/lids because I finally have the sense of relief I've been searching for over the last 10 yrs. I hope this info helps you or someone reading it. Good luck!!
    Thank you for sharing! really appreciate it. I just cant afford the cliradax wipes
    whats the mild cleanser you use?