Thread: Vbeam advice

Default Vbeam advice

Hi everyone .

17, male, intense facial flushing for the past two years and planning on having Vbeam treatments.

I believe the only way to get rid of flushing is to have a series of purpuric Vbeam treatments from a good dermatologist to blow up those stupid, over reactive, tingly, sensitive, blood vessels that are in such numbers they cause our skin to burn when exposed to certain triggers. Correct me if I'm wrong; background redness in terms of rosacea isn't a rash, it's visible 'blood' exposed through the skin due to dilated blood vessels which are carrying/holding too much blood. So when ever you see someone with red cheeks for the most part, it's actually blood. If our blood was green, you would see a lot of people on this forum with green cheeks. I'm sure everyone already knew that thought (no sarcasm intended). However, 'normal people' (the lucky ones) don't have these dilated blood vessels to begin with, so when they experience a trigger, e.g temperature change (let's say they get in to their heated car on a cold winter's day ) their body still does exactly that to someone whom is susceptible flushing, however, once it reaches the face, the flush for a 'normal person' is non existant as they have don't have dilated(/too many/ too close to the surface of the skin) blood vessels which actually cause the skin to go red and tingle/burn. It is because of this they can actually endure temperature changes and enjoy warmer environments. If the 'normal person' had dilated(/too many/ too close to the surface of the skin) blood vessels they would experience burning/flushing/redness because the excessive amount of blood circulating in the face (due to the trigger) now has a path to travel (think of your blood vessels as roads and the triggers which make you flush as the 'start of a zombie apocalypse', and the actual blood [green or red] as 'cars' wanting to travel on these roads to avoid getting infected by the zombies [no relevance] - the cars will frantically travel ANYWHERE where there are roads! My point logically being, normal people have hardly any roads for the people escaping in cars to travel on, whilst those who flush have a network of roads for the cars to travel on! I believe normal people meant to flush i.e they experience the same response in the body, but due to them not having dilated(/too many/ too close to the surface of the skin) blood vessels, this does not happen and the flush eventually subsides, e.g slight perspiration or radiation other than dialating the facial blood vessels to radiate off heat. I also believe that if you experience a trigger that makes you flush when your body temperature is at a peak
    cx.jpg
    your already dilated blood vessels are recognized by your body and they are then used to radiate the excessive heat caused by the trigger, resulting in a much more severe flush. Compare your facial skin color and sensitivity to your tummy, I would much rather have my tummy skin on my nose and cheeks as it the blood vessels aren't dilated(/too many/ too close to the surface of the skin). It's hard to imagine how great life would be if this was the case.. But the good news from research is that aggressive Vbeam treatments seem to be the key in turning facial skin in to that of your tummy and essentially stopping the network of roads/blood vessels. I'm going to find a really good derm for my treatments who can distinguish whether there are too many blood vessels in my flushing areas, whether they are dilated or whether there are just too close to the surface of my skin. I suspect it's all three. Good luck guys! I would love to hear some Vbeam success stories!

I don't mind a bit of color in my cheeks but when they flush, wow! Sometimes I just want to run away and hide in a pitch black cave, until my flushing calms down..

Funnily enough, I was googling "how to make my cheeks appear naturally red" and "my skins too pale" - so many people would die for a bit of color on their cheeks! And I think a bit of color gives a person character, but many people don't understand what else is behind it and the pain it causes, the pain of flushing.

Keep fighting everyone!

Wolf.
    Last edited by Wolf; 1st July 2012 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Hi everyone .

17, male, intense facial flushing for the past two years and planning on having Vbeam treatments.

I believe the only way to get rid of flushing is to have a series of purpuric Vbeam treatments from a good dermatologist to blow up those stupid, over reactive, tingly, sensitive, blood vessels that are in such numbers they cause our skin to burn when exposed to certain triggers. Correct me if I'm wrong; background redness in terms of rosacea isn't a rash, it's visible 'blood' exposed through the skin due to dilated blood vessels which are carrying/holding too much blood. So when ever you see someone with red cheeks for the most part, it's actually blood. If our blood was green, you would see a lot of people on this forum with green cheeks. I'm sure everyone already knew that thought (no sarcasm intended). However, 'normal people' (the lucky ones) don't have these dilated blood vessels to begin with, so when they experience a trigger, e.g temperature change (let's say they get in to their heated car on a cold winter's day ) their body still does exactly that to someone whom is susceptible flushing, however, once it reaches the face, the flush for a 'normal person' is non existant as they have don't have dilated(/too many/ too close to the surface of the skin) blood vessels which actually cause the skin to go red and tingle/burn. It is because of this they can actually endure temperature changes and enjoy warmer environments. If the 'normal person' had dilated(/too many/ too close to the surface of the skin) blood vessels they would experience burning/flushing/redness because the excessive amount of blood circulating in the face (due to the trigger) now has a path to travel (think of your blood vessels as roads and the triggers which make you flush as the 'start of a zombie apocalypse', and the actual blood [green or red] as 'cars' wanting to travel on these roads to avoid getting infected by the zombies [no relevance] - the cars will frantically travel ANYWHERE where there are roads! My point logically being, normal people have hardly any roads for the people escaping in cars to travel on, whilst those who flush have a network of roads for the cars to travel on! I believe normal people meant to flush i.e they experience the same response in the body, but due to them not having dilated(/too many/ too close to the surface of the skin) blood vessels, this does not happen and the flush eventually subsides, e.g slight perspiration or radiation other than dialating the facial blood vessels to radiate off heat. I also believe that if you experience a trigger that makes you flush when your body temperature is at a peak
    cx.jpg
    your already dilated blood vessels are recognized by your body and they are then used to radiate the excessive heat caused by the trigger, resulting in a much more severe flush. Compare your facial skin color and sensitivity to your tummy, I would much rather have my tummy skin on my nose and cheeks as it the blood vessels aren't dilated(/too many/ too close to the surface of the skin). It's hard to imagine how great life would be if this was the case.. But the good news from research is that aggressive Vbeam treatments seem to be the key in turning facial skin in to that of your tummy and essentially stopping the network of roads/blood vessels. I'm going to find a really good derm for my treatments who can distinguish whether there are too many blood vessels in my flushing areas, whether they are dilated or whether there are just too close to the surface of my skin. I suspect it's all three. Good luck guys! I would love to hear some Vbeam success stories!

I don't mind a bit of color in my cheeks but when they flush, wow! Sometimes I just want to run away and hide in a pitch black cave, until my flushing calms down..

Funnily enough, I was googling "how to make my cheeks appear naturally red" and "my skins too pale" - so many people would die for a bit of color on their cheeks! And I think a bit of color gives a person character, but many people don't understand what else is behind it and the pain it causes, the pain of flushing.

Keep fighting everyone!

Wolf.
    very well spoken 17 yo. keep us updated on what you find as i am trying to decide whether or not to have lazer work done.