Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Dr Bailey Legit?

Default Is Dr Bailey Legit?

Dr Cynthia Bailey.

I visited her website and she seems really nice and has lots of good advice and the thing is she tells you about some products that you can get at the store so it's not a sales pitch.

I was just wondering because with Rosecea it's often too good to be true and after finding out what a Fraud nase was i'm finding it hard to trust right now.

Junior Member Cynthia Bailey MD's Avatar

Default I hope so since it's me.

Quote Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
    Dr Cynthia Bailey.

I visited her website and she seems really nice and has lots of good advice and the thing is she tells you about some products that you can get at the store so it's not a sales pitch.

I was just wondering because with Rosecea it's often too good to be true and after finding out what a Fraud nase was i'm finding it hard to trust right now.
    My Google Alerts brought up your question and I'm charmed and flattered that you've found my site and wonder about my authenticity. Yes, I'm a real human, Board Certified in Dermatology with a giant medical practice of Celtic skin types with rosacea. I myself have it too, giving me a personal experience from the inside out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Bailey MD View Post
    My Google Alerts brought up your question and I'm charmed and flattered that you've found my site and wonder about my authenticity. Yes, I'm a real human, Board Certified in Dermatology with a giant medical practice of Celtic skin types with rosacea. I myself have it too, giving me a personal experience from the inside out.
    Oh wow

Well I live in New Zealand so I can't come for consultation however I was interested in your skincare regime using the power of three product

I have mild subtype 2, would you advise trying that product?

Also can I get it shipped to new Zealand

Thanks so much for replying

Infern0, I like Dr Bailey's zinc body wash/shampoo/facial cleanser -- three products in one bottle. I use it all the time. Very good stuff. I have already purchased 3 bottles. It's great to take on trips -- it's pretty much all the wash you need if you're away for a week or two.

Dr Bailey, since you see these messages, can I just put in an aside -- I was disappointed when you didn't respond to my question about Poikiloderma of Civatte. I figured after I didn't hear back the first time, after waiting a little while, you thought I was making this name/condition up. So weeks or months later I wrote again and sent links showing that it is a real condition.

I found information that copper-based products may heal it. But after that I arrived at a dead end.

It would be great to hear about your experience with treating it. I believe it shares roots with rosacea.

Thanks much.

G
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Hey ghost please could you describe your results with said product. I. E before and after?

Does this apply to non-Celtic skin types? Do you mean like Scotland/Ireland?

Junior Member Cynthia Bailey MD's Avatar

I always just give general advice for questions as specific advice over the internet crosses liability and ethical boundaries for my medical license. So, as general information, I have many rosacea patients using the Calming Zinc bar and Power of Three and it's a great solution to both calm rosacea and the inflammation associated with it, plus it hydrates with hyaluronic acid instead of heavy oils. I have patients put mineral zinc sunscreen on top during the day because sun can trigger rosacea in many people.

Ghost, I don't recall receiving a question about Poikiloderma of Civatte, but I do get a lot of questions sent in. It's a good one for Ask Dr. Bailey though, hmm. We have had tech glitches from time to time, hmm, just don't know what happened to it. Bottom line is it's sundamage that only really reverses with IPL or laser. I also look for evidence of demodex mites (yes really), pityrosporum folliculitis and seb derm in that little triangle of the neck under the ear, they too can cause redness and discoloration. I always recommend mineral zinc sunscreen. Power of Three or Replenix CF Cream can theoretically help, but not in a meaningful way. If a person is using it for their face, I tell them to put a little on the sides of their neck too. I often have patients use tretinoin at night for collagen stimulation and pigment lightening, more for prevention though. The color is due to both melanin and hemosiderin (which is the iron in red blood cells) that's sort of seeped out and stained the skin. That's why the laser/IPL are necessary.

Celtic and other Northern Europeans are of course the highest risk group for rosacea. That said, I've seen in it all skin types and ethnicities.

More questions, send them in to my web site or facebook page, I check those often, though as Ghost said I don't get to them all, but I do try. It's hard for me to keep active in forums with my practice, writing blog posts, page content and the other web stuff plus Facebook and Twitter (and a neglected Pinterest account). I will check in from time to time though. Cheers.

Thank you for your reply, Cynthia re PofC. I thought it might be demodex to some extent. I use your zinc wash there and it is helpful. Interesting about the hemosiderin.

I had an interesting experience with some large red, flat spots lower down on my chest -- between my breasts and just under. They were quite ugly and sometimes itchy. One day I was using Tend Skin after bikini area shaving and the chest red spots began itching. So I just swiped them with the Tend Skin-soaked cotton I was already using. Wouldn't you know it the darn things disappeared after a couple of days and haven't been back. Weird.

Best wishes,

G

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
    Hey ghost please could you describe your results with said product. I. E before and after?
    Infern0, I'm lazy about photos. I don't do them. But the zinc wash from Dr Bailey relieves itching big time. I feel so CLEAN after I use it. I wash my hair with it, my face and my body. For your body it's good on a puffy puff -- like one of those puffy poly bath sponges so cheap in the drugstore.

When washing your hair don't forget to wash up from the back of your neck and behind your ears. Those seem to be a neglected areas.

Best,

G

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply dr Bailey it mean a lot