Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red bumps that disappear quickly

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Red bumps that disappear quickly

Hello,

I got my period the other day and when I woke up, I also had 3 small bumps on my face that looked like bug bites. They did not itch, burn or hurt-- they faded by the end of the day. Does anyone know what they are? I am still unsure if I have rosacea or just food and environmental allergies. My skin is a bit blotchy but not bad at all-- mildly. I know that regular acne bumps do not come and go like that. Could they be related to my menstrual cycle (sorry guys)

Anyone can help?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by freeme3 View Post
    Hello,

I got my period the other day and when I woke up, I also had 3 small bumps on my face that looked like bug bites. They did not itch, burn or hurt-- they faded by the end of the day. Does anyone know what they are? I am still unsure if I have rosacea or just food and environmental allergies. My skin is a bit blotchy but not bad at all-- mildly. I know that regular acne bumps do not come and go like that. Could they be related to my menstrual cycle (sorry guys)

Anyone can help?

Thanks
    If I had to guess ..... I'd say it's an allergy where they came and went in a day. My rosacea bumps stay around for days/weeks/months but never just one day.

-Dave-

Hello,

Anyone can help?

Thanks
    Is this the first time this happens. I get these weird spots that would appear and disappear quickly, but I always thought mine were demodex mites related, because they itchy like crazy.
    I also get more these spots around my period, so hormones are probably an aggravating factor.

Quote Originally Posted by LesleyC View Post
    Is this the first time this happens. I get these weird spots that would appear and disappear quickly, but I always thought mine were demodex mites related, because they itchy like crazy.
    I also get more these spots around my period, so hormones are probably an aggravating factor.

Thanks Lesley and Dave for your replies.

Dave I suppose they could be an allergy but I just find it odd that they came during my monthly cycle.

Lesley, do you have demodex? Yours come and go quickly? Mine don't seem to itch, hurt or burn. They look like red tiny dots that fade. I wonder if it's just a hormonal thing. I don't really get them any other time except around my period. You get more around your cycle?

Thanks Lesley and Dave for your replies.

Dave I suppose they could be an allergy but I just find it odd that they came during my monthly cycle.

Lesley, do you have demodex? Yours come and go quickly? Mine don't seem to itch, hurt or burn. They look like red tiny dots that fade. I wonder if it's just a hormonal thing. I don't really get them any other time except around my period. You get more around your cycle?
    I assume my red spots are demodex, however, this has never been confirmed. I have been treating my condition with zz cream. My spots look like bug bites, and they are small in size. I usually apply the zz cream and the itch goes away quickly, and often heals within a day or so. I also suspect digestive problems so I am altering my diet and doing a parasite cleanse this month. You may be correct with the hormones, do you eat differently at that time. I know I usually crave sweats just before my period, so that could be aggravating my skin as well. Yes, i usually get more spots around my cycle.

Oh, a question, where are the spots, chin, nose, or are they random?

The spots came up just right of my nose on my cheek in a triangle-like form... round blotches/pimples. They were faded my the end of the day. I got my period that day so I figured they were hormonal.. but they weren't normal acne pimples. My skin has some blotchiness to it.. a patches of discoloration- not really red- pinkish/brownish. This occurred after using a topical steroid for too long.

I have no triggers-- the only thing that makes me flush is alcohol and exercise- but everyone flushes w/ exercise.

Okay- So I just rubbed my face in that area and they appeared again-- they are very small round blotches that look like pimples but are flat in that area. One is an old scar from a pimple. Maybe it's possible that I rubbed my face in the middle of the night and that's why I woke up with them? Very weird!

I assume my red spots are demodex, however, this has never been confirmed. I have been treating my condition with zz cream. My spots look like bug bites, and they are small in size. I usually apply the zz cream and the itch goes away quickly, and often heals within a day or so. I also suspect digestive problems so I am altering my diet and doing a parasite cleanse this month. You may be correct with the hormones, do you eat differently at that time. I know I usually crave sweats just before my period, so that could be aggravating my skin as well. Yes, i usually get more spots around my cycle.
    That is good that the zz cream is helping you. I may have some digestive problems too. I try to eat no grains, dairy or sugar.