Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red bumps that disappear quickly

Quote Originally Posted by freeme3 View Post
    That is good that the zz cream is helping you. I may have some digestive problems too. I try to eat no grains, dairy or sugar.
    I believe that many skin problems are related to the gut. I have started a parasite cleanse 2 days ago, and have been eating no sugar, bread, and low dairy (except for plain yogurt). It is very hard. This cleanse is suppose to clean away yeast, fungal or parasite infections, which may be related to rosacea.

Quote Originally Posted by LesleyC View Post
    I believe that many skin problems are related to the gut. I have started a parasite cleanse 2 days ago, and have been eating no sugar, bread, and low dairy (except for plain yogurt). It is very hard. This cleanse is suppose to clean away yeast, fungal or parasite infections, which may be related to rosacea.
    Good luck with your cleanse! I have been thinking about trying one too but for now I'm just doing the no grains, dairy or sugar diet. Yes, I agree that it's hard but so worth it if you see improvement! I have for the most part, but my skin generally looks pretty good. Just deal with some patchy pinkness from allergies. My skin is a little flaky too, not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by freeme3 View Post
    Good luck with your cleanse! I have been thinking about trying one too but for now I'm just doing the no grains, dairy or sugar diet. Yes, I agree that it's hard but so worth it if you see improvement! I have for the most part, but my skin generally looks pretty good. Just deal with some patchy pinkness from allergies. My skin is a little flaky too, not sure why.

Thank you freeme. If you are already doing the no sugar/dairy and grain diet, then a parasite cleanse would be easy for you. That is the diet they want you to follow. My skin looks amazing today but I am sure in a couple of day it may not. I think it is related to the mite cycle. I am hoping the cleanse, zz cream will help with those mites.
    oh, for your flaking, maybe try raw honey, and coconut oil. I have done some honey masks and then applied the coconut oil. I have very dry skin and has helped allot.

Quote Originally Posted by LesleyC View Post

Thank you freeme. If you are already doing the no sugar/dairy and grain diet, then a parasite cleanse would be easy for you. That is the diet they want you to follow. My skin looks amazing today but I am sure in a couple of day it may not. I think it is related to the mite cycle. I am hoping the cleanse, zz cream will help with those mites.
    oh, for your flaking, maybe try raw honey, and coconut oil. I have done some honey masks and then applied the coconut oil. I have very dry skin and has helped allot.
    That's true, Lesley.. I could definitely do a parasite cleanse. Which one are you doing and how does your skin look?

What type of raw honey do you use when you make a mask? Just regular honey you buy in the grocery store?

Default Don't do the honey if you have allergies -- highly allergenic

I developed a propolis allergy frim the honey mask after using it for less than three weeks, and now it's impossible to find lip balm that doesn't contain beeswax. I wish people would stop promoting the honey mask. Especially when someone complains the mask is screwing up their face and people tell them to keep using it.

Coconut oil is fine. Low allergy potential. I think it has something to do with it being an oil the allergen is usually in the protein.

When I get my period, my skin goes to hell. And I also have those bumps you describe, although sometimes they itch. I think it's either allergies or sensitivity to pressure. I notice if something is touching my face, even if it's my hair, my skin is more sensitive and sometimes a bump develops. I sleep on my back so my face doesn't touch the pillow.
    Dx July 2010 rosacea type 1 and 2/seb derm plus contact allergies to various substances
    Hashimoto's thyroiditis, fibromyalgia

Quote Originally Posted by vicki View Post
    I developed a propolis allergy frim the honey mask after using it for less than three weeks, and now it's impossible to find lip balm that doesn't contain beeswax. I wish people would stop promoting the honey mask. Especially when someone complains the mask is screwing up their face and people tell them to keep using it.

Coconut oil is fine. Low allergy potential. I think it has something to do with it being an oil the allergen is usually in the protein.

When I get my period, my skin goes to hell. And I also have those bumps you describe, although sometimes they itch. I think it's either allergies or sensitivity to pressure. I notice if something is touching my face, even if it's my hair, my skin is more sensitive and sometimes a bump develops. I sleep on my back so my face doesn't touch the pillow.
    Sorry to hear this Vicki. Auburn does advise to do a patch test with the honey but you wouldn't have had a reaction to a patch test since it took 3 weeks for the reaction to occur when you were using it. Thanks for sharing your experience-it is definitely something we need to mention to people who want to do this treatment. And I'll take it one step further. Any treatment causing a reaction needs to be carefully re-evaluated. What we can tolerate at one time in our lives may easily become intolerable later on. Allergies develop to things we previously had no issues with. Common sense should always rule.

Vicki have you tried just using coconut oil to moisturize your lips? Alternatively I did a google search and came up with this beeswax free lip balm:
    http://www.lushusa.com/None-of-your-...,en_US,pd.html

HTH.

Best,
    Melissa

Thanks Melissa, the Lush looks interesting. I am a little concerned about the fragrance but it might be OK. I am usually OK with lemon and I like vegan makeup.

I use the Vanicream SPF 30 lip thingie outside, but I feel silly wearing a sunscreen in a dark first-floor apartment. And I am tired of Aquaphor.
    Dx July 2010 rosacea type 1 and 2/seb derm plus contact allergies to various substances
    Hashimoto's thyroiditis, fibromyalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa W View Post
    And I'll take it one step further. Any treatment causing a reaction needs to be carefully re-evaluated. What we can tolerate at one time in our lives may easily become intolerable later on. Allergies develop to things we previously had no issues with. Common sense should always rule.
    Well said Melissa. I have reached the conclusion that eventually my skin becomes allergic/intolerant to practically everything I put on it. Even raw honey, which began as a God send for seb-derm, started to cause red marks. Thank you Vicki for the Propolis allergy alert (I was veering towards salicylate). Good old natural honey, eh? Who would have thought it?

Perhaps there should be another Rosacea Sub-Section for those of us who haven't evolved in a way that we can cope with modern day cosmaceuticals and the umpteen chemicals to be found in your average shampoo. Because although we probably develop bog-standard 'contact dermatitis', you can bet your life the dermatologists will call it 'Rosacea' and hand you a prescription for Metrogel or Retin A (groan).