Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excel V laser

Default Excel V laser

About a month ago on tv I saw a derm in New York demonstrate the excel V laser for rosacea. It is fairly new (introduced in (2011). I was thinking of asking my derm about this. I have had the VBeam (twice) and IPL. Has anyone used this new laser yet? I did a search on the forum and nothing came up.

Quote Originally Posted by lindas View Post
    About a month ago on tv I saw a derm in New York demonstrate the excel V laser for rosacea. It is fairly new (introduced in (2011). I was thinking of asking my derm about this. I have had the VBeam (twice) and IPL. Has anyone used this new laser yet? I did a search on the forum and nothing came up.

Well, I am going to answer my own post to let you know the outcome. I went ahead and had the Excel V laser done last Thursday. I have been dealing with rosacea for 25 years (now 59), with minimal results and thought after watching this type of laser on TV by a NY doctor (Rachel Ray's) would ask my laser dermatologist about the possibility. She felt that it would be a good laser for me, yet let me decide. It left me slightly swollen and red and today (Monday) the swelling is gone and the redness is subsiding. I had it done by Dr. Tina Alster, well-known laser dermatologist and started the Washington Institute of Laser Surgery in DC. She also had used IPL and NAG vasular laser on me in the past, but I must say this has been the best results yet. She said that it will take a month to see the full effects but I am already seeing spots where the redness is fading. We are going to have another round in late August - I will keep you posted. When asked how many treatments are needed, she said that we need to wait and see how this round worked to see if I need another.

Great, keep us updated on your progress, how about cost per treatment?? Did you get you whole face treated or just your cheeks??

Quote Originally Posted by lindas View Post
    Well, I am going to answer my own post to let you know the outcome. I went ahead and had the Excel V laser done last Thursday. I have been dealing with rosacea for 25 years (now 59), with minimal results and thought after watching this type of laser on TV by a NY doctor (Rachel Ray's) would ask my laser dermatologist about the possibility. She felt that it would be a good laser for me, yet let me decide. It left me slightly swollen and red and today (Monday) the swelling is gone and the redness is subsiding. I had it done by Dr. Tina Alster, well-known laser dermatologist and started the Washington Institute of Laser Surgery in DC. She also had used IPL and NAG vasular laser on me in the past, but I must say this has been the best results yet. She said that it will take a month to see the full effects but I am already seeing spots where the redness is fading. We are going to have another round in late August - I will keep you posted. When asked how many treatments are needed, she said that we need to wait and see how this round worked to see if I need another.
    I had the excel-v laser treatment done on Monday along with the Gemini Laser for "background redness"

Did you suffer much swelling afterwards? It's a bit over 48 hours later for me and i still feel it. Fingers crossed i get a good outcome with this.

Quote Originally Posted by BigW View Post
    I had the excel-v laser treatment done on Monday along with the Gemini Laser for "background redness"

Did you suffer much swelling afterwards? It's a bit over 48 hours later for me and i still feel it. Fingers crossed i get a good outcome with this.
    Please keep us posted with your results and number of treatments Also, would be nice if you guys can post the price although I know it's varied depended on the location.

Quote Originally Posted by argothiusz View Post
    Please keep us posted with your results and number of treatments Also, would be nice if you guys can post the price although I know it's varied depended on the location.
    Yes for sure. It's been a week tomorrow and i can say the swelling lasted 4 or 5 days but became less every day. An ice-pack in a t-towel (not directly on the skin) was recommended and helps.

I have still been feeling a bit flushed (separately from the flushing i also get a tingling in my nose which then turns very red) Both conditions have not been as frequent, have subsided quicker than usual and have not been as intense.

They said to have another treatment in a month but i will see how this goes first. Fingers crossed i may not need another or at worst, maybe one more.

Cost is usually $650.00 for both lasers but the Gemini (for the background redness) is $350.00. These are Australian prices.

Guys,if you´re there, could you tell us how was finally the result after several treatments?, were you satisfied with the Excel laser?
    Suffering from Keratosis Pilaris Rubra Faceii (KPRF)

Any update / feedback please about Excel V laser?

I just want to say that the exel V is really not new technology. The KTP and the 1064 lases have been around for a very long time. At some point, maybe around 7 yeasrs ago the laser companies decided to market what they then called multi-plex machines combining the two. It was mostly convenient for doctors to use one machine to address different issues i.e. legs, face. Around that time I decided to try it and have several facial burns from the 1064 component. I subsequently learned that there are more adverse side effects- scarring- from a 1064 laser than any other. It is generally not used (at least here in the U.S.) by most doctors for face veins because of the high number of problems. Take a look at sites like real self etc. It would seem as though Perfecta is still the laser of choice. Be careful of videos etc from one doctor. Sadly some of them are on the payroll of the laser companies.