Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remeron

Default Remeron

I'm on 15MG for now, 4 days in, how long for me to see reduction in flushing? Does it take a little while?

Thanks!
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by brasileirao View Post
    I'm on 15MG for now, 4 days in, how long for me to see reduction in flushing? Does it take a little while?

Thanks!
    Tony
    I noticed after about 6 weeks and even more so now taking a higher dose

Quote Originally Posted by lucy_nic87 View Post
    I noticed after about 6 weeks and even more so now taking a higher dose
    I find this medicine interesting. It's almost like it constricts blood vesels? Like, usually after I shower my face would get a little flushed from the heat. When I take this, I come out of the shower and my skin is still somewhat pale? Is this what it does? I find that my skin is much more pale then usual, meaning, not as red. When I first started taking it it seemed to increase the flushing but now it seems to have settled down. Similar experience?

What does are you on currently?

Just started this med - hoping for good results! Dr put me on 15 mg for 4 weeks, then if it doesnt help enough we will up to 30mg.

Good luck to you taking it too!

I used Remeron for nine months, about 3 years ago and was prescribed it because I had trouble sleeping. I no longer take it because back then, I had no rosacea. I loved the way I felt on it, and I was never sick because it acts as a strong antihistamine. Expect to put on weight on it, and I also craved carbs. I took 30 mg for about 4 months and then down to 15mg for the remaining time.
    The weird thing about this medication is i never had a pimple in my life or flushed, and two months after stopping this medication my rosacea started. So maybe it does have some kind of effect on treating rosacea, ,because mine started afterwards. I have to say that I loved the medication when I was on it, and overall I felt like a million bucks.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by LesleyC View Post
    I used Remeron for nine months, about 3 years ago and was prescribed it because I had trouble sleeping. I no longer take it because back then, I had no rosacea. I loved the way I felt on it, and I was never sick because it acts as a strong antihistamine. Expect to put on weight on it, and I also craved carbs. I took 30 mg for about 4 months and then down to 15mg for the remaining time.
    The weird thing about this medication is i never had a pimple in my life or flushed, and two months after stopping this medication my rosacea started. So maybe it does have some kind of effect on treating rosacea, ,because mine started afterwards. I have to say that I loved the medication when I was on it, and overall I felt like a million bucks.

Good luck
    Did you find that in the beginning you had a little increased startle response?

For me Remeron took between 3-5 weeks to start having full effect. It does help somewhat, but is of no way a cure.

Ive been taking it probably close to 5 months now, and like someone previously posted.. expect some weight gain. Im an active 23 year old male, eat a relatively good diet, and still ive put on a few unwanted kilos around my stomach.

Other then the weight gain, i do recommend this drug. I feel it also helps with the anxiety associated with flushing.

Hi All,

4 weeks on Remeron and I find that it makes my face completely pale. Meaning. When I leave the shower I no longer flush. It's interesting. Is this like it's supposed to work? I'm also using rosaleac anti redness. Don't know what's working. But think its the remeron.

Quote Originally Posted by brasileirao View Post
    Hi All,

4 weeks on Remeron and I find that it makes my face completely pale. Meaning. When I leave the shower I no longer flush. It's interesting. Is this like it's supposed to work? I'm also using rosaleac anti redness. Don't know what's working. But think its the remeron.
    Thats good news. What dosage are you taking?

Quote Originally Posted by pleasehelp123 View Post
    Thats good news. What dosage are you taking?
    15MG as of now but may increase to 30 in a week or so. I'm also staking Oracea and using the Rosaleac. Either way, I find my face a lot more pale then before. I'm sure its the remeron.