Thread: Strenuous Exercise

Default Strenuous Exercise

I went running today and got really red (but I think that's normal when exercising). Again, I am unsure still if I have rosacea, but if I do, am I doing damage to my skin by exercising strenuously? The redness went away pretty fast and there was no burning/tingling, etc. It was like a normal exercise flush. I just felt so good after doing it and realized how much I miss running!

Thanks everyone!

Default Strenuous exercise

Quote Originally Posted by freeme3 View Post
    I went running today and got really red (but I think that's normal when exercising). Again, I am unsure still if I have rosacea, but if I do, am I doing damage to my skin by exercising strenuously? The redness went away pretty fast and there was no burning/tingling, etc. It was like a normal exercise flush. I just felt so good after doing it and realized how much I miss running!

Thanks everyone!
    Hi,

I will have to tell you that I too, LOVE AEROBIC EXERCISE and that is one of the few things that will trigger redness and flushing with me! My disease has been under EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD control with ******* (I know a lot of people don't believe in it, but it really works for me) and since my face looks so clear, white and smooth most of the time, I get angry when it gets red after cutting the grass, lifting objects or doing anything strenuous! Like I said most of the time it looks almost perfect. I was hoping this summer would be different and I could enjoy outdoor activities in the heat. I hate it when some of your family and friends stay perfectly white, clear and resistant to heat and outdoor elements and meanwhile, your face turns beet red after any kind of exertion! I may have to hire a teen-ager in the neighborhood to cut my grass for me!

Default normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine 215 View Post
    Hi,

I will have to tell you that I too, LOVE AEROBIC EXERCISE and that is one of the few things that will trigger redness and flushing with me! My disease has been under EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD control with ******* (I know a lot of people don't believe in it, but it really works for me) and since my face looks so clear, white and smooth most of the time, I get angry when it gets red after cutting the grass, lifting objects or doing anything strenuous! Like I said most of the time it looks almost perfect. I was hoping this summer would be different and I could enjoy outdoor activities in the heat. I hate it when some of your family and friends stay perfectly white, clear and resistant to heat and outdoor elements and meanwhile, your face turns beet red after any kind of exertion! I may have to hire a teen-ager in the neighborhood to cut my grass for me!
    Isn't it normal to get red when you're doing something strenuous outside in the heat like in in 87 degree weather? My mom doesn't have rosacea and she gets red just being out in the sun picking weeds. That's why I dont think I have it because normal things I get red but it calms down after I am cooller. I don't get red just sitting outside in hot weather but after a long walk or run in heat, I get red.