Thread: Broken capillaries

Question Broken capillaries

Hello,

I have broken capillaries on my arms. I suspect demodex and have ordered tea three oil and other treatments. It's war !
    If the treatment works, will my broken capillaries repair themselves or will I have to do a laser treatment ?
    If that's the case how can I be sure all demodex are dead before doing laser therapy?

Thank you,
    Charles

broken capillaries don't heal. You will need laser/ipl to get rid of them. (This also kills demodex )
    I don't know how to make sure they are dead.

Hello bloem.
    How do you know that laser kills demodex?

I actually read somewhere laser was pushing demodex deeper into the skin without killing all of them, meaning it can make it worse. Not sure at all if this is true though

Quote Originally Posted by MasK View Post
    Hello bloem.
    How do you know that laser kills demodex?
    This research:

Effects of intense pulsed light on sun-damaged human skin, routine, and ultrastructural analysis.
    Prieto VG, Sadick NS, Lloreta J, Nicholson J, Shea CR.
    Source

Department of Pathology, UT-MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA.
    Abstract
    BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVE:

New, non-ablative methods can be used in skin rejuvenation. Histologic analysis of non-ablative IPL effects on facial, sun-damaged skin.
    STUDY DESIGN/MATERIALS AND METHODS:

Five female subjects, wrinkle class I or II and Fitzpatrick skin types I, II, and III. IPL treatment: once monthly, 560-nm cut-off filters, spot size 8x35 mm, 28-36 J/cm. Routine histology or electron microscopy on 2-mm punches, before treatment and then 1 week, 3 months, and 12 months.
    RESULTS:

Pre-treatment specimens contained solar elastosis and perifollicular lymphoid infiltrates. Collagen and elastic fibers appeared unaffected by treatment. At 1-week, Demodex organisms appeared coagulated.
    CONCLUSIONS:

Under these conditions, IPL induces minimal morphologic changes in mildly sun-damaged skin. Some esthetic improvement may be secondary to clearing of Demodex organisms and reduction of associated lymphocytic infiltrate.

Copyright 2002 Wiley-Liss, Inc.

Found it on pubmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fxfx View Post
    I actually read somewhere laser was pushing demodex deeper into the skin without killing all of them, meaning it can make it worse. Not sure at all if this is true though
    Never read that before.
    Sort of seems rational that demodex are killed by ipl. I mean, imagine being that small and being blasted by light that can destroy blood vessels.
    Sort of like being hit by a train.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloem View Post
    Never read that before.
    Sort of seems rational that demodex are killed by ipl. I mean, imagine being that small and being blasted by light that can destroy blood vessels.
    Sort of like being hit by a train.
    You might think about this: ipl does kill demodex. The reason it appears to drive demodex deeper is because the topmost are obliterated. Someone taking a deeper sample finds a bunch of nascent bugs in there and, voila! "the ipl has driven demodex deeper!"

Thing is, how deep can a sample collection go? More than a scrapping of the top would likely be disfiguring.

I have to hit the buzzer on this one.
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    You might think about this: ipl does kill demodex. The reason it appears to drive demodex deeper is because the topmost are obliterated. Someone taking a deeper sample finds a bunch of nascent bugs in there and, voila! "the ipl has driven demodex deeper!"

Thing is, how deep can a sample collection go? More than a scrapping of the top would likely be disfiguring.

I have to hit the buzzer on this one.
    So then the consensus would be that the laser does not in fact drive the mites deeper? And the laser should work/help and not makes things worse?

Quote Originally Posted by birdsing View Post
    So then the consensus would be that the laser does not in fact drive the mites deeper? And the laser should work/help and not makes things worse?

Laser has its limits. It can clean up old junk (but it can also leave trouble, as you might have read some people feel they got holes or lost facial fat from it).

Personally, I think it can make things worse once it's mishandled. I believe that depending on your chemistry (how much grain and sugar your consume) the laser will start to toast your skin.

It works to the extent that it can kill surface bacteria and mites, and dry up oil. This is all temporary.

It can also clean up little red scars and stuff. But if the rosacea is active new stuff will eventually form.
    "It's all illusion anyway."