Thread: Diet going well but then ate a trigger food

Default Diet going well but then ate a trigger food

My diet was going well-- no sugar, grains, dairy, or fruit but according to my ELISA food intolerance test, I am intolerant to beef. Well-- last night I went out for a family celebration and ate filet Mignon. I still stayed away from sugar, dairy, grains, etc. but today I woke up looking ok but as the day progressed, I noticed some more blochiness. I suppose that it's from eating the steak as my skin has been improving up until today.

Can I assume that it was the steak that bothered me or should I keep trying to figure this all out... look for other reasons? Thing is, I am sick of looking for answers as it's causing me a lot of anxiety. I just want to live my life- I know I'm not alone, I'm just annoyed right now. Sorry- I just needed to vent.

Yep, beef can be a trigger. It is one for me. I only can eat lamb.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamby View Post
    Yep, beef can be a trigger. It is one for me. I only can eat lamb.
    Thanks for your message, Lamby. Do you notice your skin worsens the next day after eating foods your skin does not like?

I also wanted to ask you about flaking/peeling skin. I read that happened to you. Was it when you were in your "healing phase?" Since going off grains, dairy and fruit, my skin has been very dry and flaky. I wonder if I am detoxing or something?
    Last edited by freeme3; 12th April 2012 at 08:36 AM.

Yep, it was during my healing phase. Mostly because of the ZZ cream I think, but probably it would have happened anyway, because I had cheeks like Santa Claus covered in itchy red bumps filled with purulence. I could not sleep at nights,because I could not put my cheeks against the pillow they burned so bad.Yours are probably just healing, and your body is getting rid of the damaged skin.

And yes I did get reactions the next day too sometimes, mostly of meat, because it digests around 8 hours I think. Different foods seem to attack different spots on my face. sugar - chin, vegetables- jawline and forehead, ears and neck, fruits- forehead, ears and neck, meat- cheeks. but it probably is just me, or it is in my head haha.

freeme3: Make sure you take a raw food multivitamin. Also, moisturize the rough scaly parts with ghee. My skin just loves it and I cannot tolerate moisturizers at all. I have never found a moisturizer I could use and that includes coconut oil. But ghee my skin just loves and I don't get red or broken out from it at all. And it only takes two or three days of application and my dry scaly patches feel soft and smooth.
    Current skincare regime for rosacea subtypes I, II and IV started March, 2012:

*Strict diet. No dairy, wheat, sugar, nuts/seeds, legumes. Only meat, 'safe starches', and low-phenol starchy/unstarchy fruits and veggies and water with ghee, lard and duck fat as cooking aids and sources of fat. Also avoiding food intolerances.
    Supplementing with raw food multivitamin, liquid zinc sulfate with copper, epsom salt baths (magnesium sulfate), calcium and vitamin C. Lots of water!

Quote Originally Posted by Lamby View Post
    Yep, it was during my healing phase. Mostly because of the ZZ cream I think, but probably it would have happened anyway, because I had cheeks like Santa Claus covered in itchy red bumps filled with purulence. I could not sleep at nights,because I could not put my cheeks against the pillow they burned so bad.Yours are probably just healing, and your body is getting rid of the damaged skin.

And yes I did get reactions the next day too sometimes, mostly of meat, because it digests around 8 hours I think. Different foods seem to attack different spots on my face. sugar - chin, vegetables- jawline and forehead, ears and neck, fruits- forehead, ears and neck, meat- cheeks. but it probably is just me, or it is in my head haha.
    Thanks, Lamby- I do think that I am healing too.

Very interesting that you break out on certain parts of your face from certain foods. I seem to develop white bumps if I eat too many processed foods and sugar. If I avoid them like I've been doing then my skin looks much better.

Quote Originally Posted by christine123 View Post
    freeme3: Make sure you take a raw food multivitamin. Also, moisturize the rough scaly parts with ghee. My skin just loves it and I cannot tolerate moisturizers at all. I have never found a moisturizer I could use and that includes coconut oil. But ghee my skin just loves and I don't get red or broken out from it at all. And it only takes two or three days of application and my dry scaly patches feel soft and smooth.
    Hi Christine,

What would be a raw food multivitamin? Would that be liquid vitamins? I actually bought ghee today @ Wholefoods but i have not tried it yet. It doesn't block your pores when you put it on your face? I use emu oil which seems to work well for me and sunscreen daily w/ Zinc and titanium oxide.

I break out in white bumps from time to time but I think it's from screwing up on my diet. I don't think the bumps are rosacea but from my immune system being pissed that i ate something that I am intolerant to.

Thanks, Christine!