Thread: Benzyl Benzoate and where to get it?

Default Benzyl Benzoate and where to get it?

Does anyone know if I can get benzyl benzoate somewhere? Do I need a prescription for this? I saw it mentioned on a forum and I am willing to try anything to kill the mites on my face because they are destroying my skin more and more each day with new lines and fissures. I can feel stinging and then new wrinkle lines, indents, and fissures form on my skin from these mites. I can't tell what is going on exactly. If it is their bacteria that is causing my skin to get spoiled, if it's them dehydrating my skin and eating up the moisture and oil in my skin that is causing it to break like this and create lines and indents from severe dryness and lack of moisture....I don't even care anymore about my pink skin. I just want to stop them from forming these indents on my face and destroying the texture and look of my skin. It's horrifying. I am going to look like an aged scary monster soon enough. I don't think the damage of the lines on my face is reversible. I have tried tea tree oil, I have tried permethrin which helps a little bit. I have taken oral ivermectin at 3mg -3 pills taken one week and then again the next week and I can't say it did anything at all. Also, my left eyebrow is a bit sensitive now and I am losing lots of hairs from it. It is appearing thinner. I am trying borax, but honestly not sure if I'm seeing too much improvement. It just seems to stop the itching a bit. But it is drying my skin out a lot. I'm worried I have a severe case of demodicosis and don't know how to help myself anymore. My dermatologist did the best he could with ivermecting and permethrin. He is now gone for a month so I don't have anyone to help me and it's scary not to have

I am worried my problem is that I need to wear makeup about twice a week for my job or I wouldn't be able to go to it. I have to look good for my job. I guess this is screwing up my battle with the mites. I wish I knew of some good coverage foundation/concealer and setting powder that had ingredients in it that would combat the mites so it would be ok to wear. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by birdsing View Post
    Does anyone know if I can get benzyl benzoate somewhere? Do I need a prescription for this? I saw it mentioned on a forum and I am willing to try anything to kill the mites on my face because they are destroying my skin more and more each day with new lines and fissures. I can feel stinging and then new wrinkle lines, indents, and fissures form on my skin from these mites. I can't tell what is going on exactly. If it is their bacteria that is causing my skin to get spoiled, if it's them dehydrating my skin and eating up the moisture and oil in my skin that is causing it to break like this and create lines and indents from severe dryness and lack of moisture....I don't even care anymore about my pink skin. I just want to stop them from forming these indents on my face and destroying the texture and look of my skin. It's horrifying. I am going to look like an aged scary monster soon enough. I don't think the damage of the lines on my face is reversible. I have tried tea tree oil, I have tried permethrin which helps a little bit. I have taken oral ivermectin at 3mg -3 pills taken one week and then again the next week and I can't say it did anything at all. Also, my left eyebrow is a bit sensitive now and I am losing lots of hairs from it. It is appearing thinner. I am trying borax, but honestly not sure if I'm seeing too much improvement. It just seems to stop the itching a bit. But it is drying my skin out a lot. I'm worried I have a severe case of demodicosis and don't know how to help myself anymore. My dermatologist did the best he could with ivermecting and permethrin. He is now gone for a month so I don't have anyone to help me and it's scary not to have

I am worried my problem is that I need to wear makeup about twice a week for my job or I wouldn't be able to go to it. I have to look good for my job. I guess this is screwing up my battle with the mites. I wish I knew of some good coverage foundation/concealer and setting powder that had ingredients in it that would combat the mites so it would be ok to wear. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Have you tried topical ivermectin?

-Dave-

Quote Originally Posted by flying_er View Post
    Have you tried topical ivermectin?

-Dave-

Hi Dave. I have not actually. Why? Do you think I should? Is this something you have tried?

Also, do you have an idea about the benzyl benzoate? Thank you!

I don't know where you're located but, you can get benzyl benzoate on eBay in the UK.