Thread: Stress/Anxiety Linked to Rosacia?

Default Stress/Anxiety Linked to Rosacia?

Hi - I've been a sufferer of Rosacia for half my life - I got it early after a period of living and working in the sun in Crete. I've tried a lot of cures - and worked out a lot of stuff. My main trigger is stress and anxiety. I can literally pop the spots out manually just by thinking too much about an interview or something - or just by thinking about rosacia itself. So in a way the illness feeds itself. Aaargghh!

Am I alone in this? I know we all have our own triggers etc, but mine is so blatantly obvious. I tackled the anxiety last year in a sort of de-stress program, and I had clear skin for about 6 months. Amazing, but after 22 years of the lesions, I have become a very anxious person - so it's back again - and so am I. ;)

Anyway I'm trying another very interesting de-stress thing, something I never seen before. Maybe watch this space? If it helps I'll be back - I wanna help as many people as I can with my own personal discoveries as I've had so much help on the way.

Dave

Default Hey

Hi Dave3d

I suffer from chronic stress....the stress feeds the flushing but I am struggling to calm the stress.
    What program do you use?

Thanks
    t3d

Default Hi t3d

I'm using a new one - I'm always willing to try new stuff that makes sense. It's a form of brainwave optimisation - really interesting - and I'm only on session 2 but already I'm sleeping like a baby. Trust me that's good for me. I really love the treatment, like sat in a comfy chair using sensors placed on the head that read electro magnetic brain pulses and convert it to tones that are fed back to your brain via earphones. And the practitioner is really understanding - very important. As far as Rosacea I gotta see yet, buy when I'm calm so is my skin - so I'm very excited and optimistic. I got about 8 sessions to go. I'll post after tomorrows session if you're interested.

Default Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dave3d View Post
    I'm using a new one - I'm always willing to try new stuff that makes sense. It's a form of brainwave optimisation - really interesting - and I'm only on session 2 but already I'm sleeping like a baby. Trust me that's good for me. I really love the treatment, like sat in a comfy chair using sensors placed on the head that read electro magnetic brain pulses and convert it to tones that are fed back to your brain via earphones. And the practitioner is really understanding - very important. As far as Rosacea I gotta see yet, buy when I'm calm so is my skin - so I'm very excited and optimistic. I got about 8 sessions to go. I'll post after tomorrows session if you're interested.
    Wow, Dave I am excited for you! Let me know how it goes, cause I am like you, all I need to do is think about getting red and I do.....or any kind of stress, just writing this could make me red, grrrrrrrr so if this thing works for you, please let me know, I will try it too! <3

Quote Originally Posted by susan d View Post
    Wow, Dave I am excited for you! Let me know how it goes, cause I am like you, all I need to do is think about getting red and I do.....or any kind of stress, just writing this could make me red, grrrrrrrr so if this thing works for you, please let me know, I will try it too! <3
    HI Susan, hahaha, it's so true. I get symmetry sometimes too, a stress flush pops up left - in minutes sometimes i got one on the right - in the same place - weird.Okay I'm nearing the end of the program - I gotta say it's amazing but not easy... There is a stage where all your crap comes outta your subconscious - it's tough, and night times are hard for me. But in the days now I'm flying thru work and hardly any stress. My skin is feeling the benefits. I'm lingering in the wallows a lot less, managing to turn things to the positive much more quickly. Have a read - do a search for 'Kavitality'. That's the girl I'm going to. It's called brain caring. All the best.

Default Dave

Thank you, I will check it out now......<3

Keep us posted... My only trigger is stress/anxiety. My rosacea was in remission for about 10 yrs. But two yrs ago I went thru a devorce, my uncle died, and my dad died . And my rosacea came back.up until all of this I slept like a baby. Since then not at all. I believe rosacea is completely stemmed from stress we put on our systems.

I'm doing great - nearing the end of the treatment - I've had a few flare-ups during, but now my skin feels really different - I'm really positive too - this thing works for me. The positivity is such a different feeling - I'm still a bit stressed but then who isn't - but i'm not consumed by it anymore.