Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another reason to go Low Carb

Default Another reason to go Low Carb

I came across this article written by a doctor, it talks about how a high carb diet causes inflammation in the body.

[We physicians with all our training, knowledge and authority often acquire a rather large ego that tends to make it difficult to admit we are wrong. So, here it is. I freely admit to being wrong.. As a heart surgeon with 25 years experience, having performed over 5,000 open-heart surgeries, today is my day to right the wrong with medical and scientific fact.

What thoughtful person would willfully expose himself repeatedly to foods or other substances that are known to cause injury to the body? Well,smokers perhaps, but at least they made that choice willfully.

The rest of us have simply followed the recommended mainstream diet that is low in fat and high in polyunsaturated fats and carbohydrates, not knowing we were causing repeated injury to our blood vessels. This repeated injury creates chronic inflammation leading to heart disease, stroke, diabetes and obesity.

Let me repeat that: The injury and inflammation in our blood vessels is caused by the low fat diet recommended for years by mainstream medicine.

And the FDA. And Agribusiness, which is in bed with the FDA.

Your government and the monster agribusiness firms are literally murdering you.

Wake up America.

I did, I lost 50lbs, it's not going back on, it's not hard to keep it off, and all I did was ignore the FDA, Government and Agribusiness and both move more and eat things that existed before the processed-food business came into being.

50lbs came off, I have more energy (in all respects, including some that any man would like) than I've had since I was a teen and my cardio fitness is an order of magnitude better on top of it.

Yeah, the "move more" part requires work. So what? Nothing that's worthwhile is "free."

Wake up America -- your government and the people that have it in their pocket are literally killing you.

I've been saying it for a while, and now you have a man who is an actual cardiac surgeon and has looked inside thousands of cardiac arteries saying the same thing.

Incidentally, if the FedGov doesn't kick the Monsanto's of the world to the curb the medical system cost ramp will destroy both of them, so one way or another they'll get their just desserts.

The only question is whether you will survive.]

Default re

good post! yep i've lost weight on the low carb diet and feel much healthier overall!

Default breakfast ideas

Hi,
    i have been low carb but not low fat for 4 months.
    i will now give your ideas a go. it's been really tough to stay on this but losing the extra few kilo's has been a bonus.
    (lost 15KG's of baby weight through diet AND zumba).
    that's 33lb's over a year.

if i stick to diet my skin stops itching. but still a little red.

i have mostly veges but i fry them in coconut oil or butter sometimes to add flavour - so i will change this.
    i also have a sweet tooth so fruit is my downfall sometimes.

what is there for breakfast? they say only 6 eggs a week is best.

cheers Surely

Surely: You cannot go low carb AND low fat. I did that and I got sick. Your body needs energy from somewhere. If you don't give it energy then your body will think that you are starving and your weight loss will come screeching to a halt as your body tries desperately to hold on to your fat stores to keep you alive. This is especially true if you are exercising.

Don't worry about the fat. As long as it is healthy, good quality fats like butter, lard, olive oil, coconut oil, etc, your body will be perfectly happy and healthy with them and you will gradually attain your body's preferred weight.
    Current skincare regime for rosacea subtypes I, II and IV started March, 2012:

*Strict diet. No dairy, wheat, sugar, nuts/seeds, legumes. Only meat, 'safe starches', and low-phenol starchy/unstarchy fruits and veggies and water with ghee, lard and duck fat as cooking aids and sources of fat. Also avoiding food intolerances.
    Supplementing with raw food multivitamin, liquid zinc sulfate with copper, epsom salt baths (magnesium sulfate), calcium and vitamin C. Lots of water!

High protein, low fat, low carbohydrate diets can cause 'rabbit starvation':

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_starvation

low carb =/= low fat. But you have to be discriminating about your fats.
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by flying_er View Post
    I came across this article written by a doctor, it talks about how a high carb diet causes inflammation in the body.

[We physicians with all our training, knowledge and authority often acquire a rather large ego that tends to make it difficult to admit we are wrong. So, here it is. I freely admit to being wrong.. As a heart surgeon with 25 years experience, having performed over 5,000 open-heart surgeries, today is my day to right the wrong with medical and scientific fact...................
    What article and doctor? Is it Dr. Robert H. Lustig? The video is even better than the article.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

See when you say low carb doesn't mean low fat. I'm a bit confused as to how much fat you are consuming, are you just talking about cooking things in butter/olive oil etc - is that enough? Or simply splashing olive oil on salad etc.

If olive oil is considered fat, are olives or is that a stupid question?

Where else can you get enough healthy fats?

Quote Originally Posted by maroon5 View Post
    See when you say low carb doesn't mean low fat. I'm a bit confused as to how much fat you are consuming, are you just talking about cooking things in butter/olive oil etc - is that enough? Or simply splashing olive oil on salad etc.

If olive oil is considered fat, are olives or is that a stupid question?

Where else can you get enough healthy fats?
    olives, nuts and avocados have a lot of fat. I eat a lot of nuts and avocados (olives are very salty, so they decorate salads). Yes, olive oil on salads; I sautee everything in coconut oil.

If you cannot eat nuts/avocados then you have to see what else you can eat. You can take spoonfuls of coconut oil, or better yet, coconut manna (google).

A little oil goes a long way. so don't picture yourself drowning in it :-)

You can make a wonderful dish of cooked cauliflower which you then rice with a masher. Stir this up with olive oil and throw chopped basil or cilantro leaves on top.

Look up some books on low carb-high fat eating. None of us are born with the knowledge, we have to find a source.
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by christine123 View Post
    Surely: You cannot go low carb AND low fat. I did that and I got sick. Your body needs energy from somewhere. If you don't give it energy then your body will think that you are starving and your weight loss will come screeching to a halt as your body tries desperately to hold on to your fat stores to keep you alive. This is especially true if you are exercising.

Don't worry about the fat. As long as it is healthy, good quality fats like butter, lard, olive oil, coconut oil, etc, your body will be perfectly happy and healthy with them and you will gradually attain your body's preferred weight.
    Yea i get this after a week. i've been so hungry. Weight loss is not my goal. clear face that stops itching is my goal.
    I'll try anything. But getting very sick of fried vege and sometimes an egg for breakfast lunch etc. anyone got breakfast ideas on low carb diet?