Thread: TTO and demodex mites

Default TTO and demodex mites

Hi everyone
    I'm not totally sold on the connection between rosacea and these critters but aware there could be a link. Personally I do not have any itching just redness and flushing, mostly located on just one cheek although my whole face can flare at times. It seems my condition has worsened over the last few months and my immune system has taken a battering as I have spent quite some time in hospital having 4 surgeries. I think this would tie in with the demodex mite theory.
    So my question is, will using tea tree oil soap twice daily and a solution of tea tree oil with jojoba oil as a moisturiser at night be sufficient in killing them?
    Any advice would be great
    Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by lucy_nic87 View Post
    Hi everyone
    I'm not totally sold on the connection between rosacea and these critters but aware there could be a link. Personally I do not have any itching just redness and flushing, mostly located on just one cheek although my whole face can flare at times. It seems my condition has worsened over the last few months and my immune system has taken a battering as I have spent quite some time in hospital having 4 surgeries. I think this would tie in with the demodex mite theory.
    So my question is, will using tea tree oil soap twice daily and a solution of tea tree oil with jojoba oil as a moisturiser at night be sufficient in killing them?
    Any advice would be great
    Thanks!!
    If it works for you, it is sufficient. You should see your answer quickly. Truly within a couple of weeks.

I would advise the Paleo-style diet (low, low carb) for a month to see what changes happen.

G
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Thanks ghost I'll see how it goes and report back in a few weeks. It may get worse sbedore it gets better is that correct? And yes I've just started a low carb no sugar diet too.
    I'd it is demodex mites can I expect the diffuse redness to reduce as they are killed off or is that something hat I will need lasers to correct?

Thanks ghost I'll see how it goes and report back in a few weeks. It may get worse sbedore it gets better is that correct? And yes I've just started a low carb no sugar diet too.
    I'd it is demodex mites can I expect the diffuse redness to reduce as they are killed off or is that something hat I will need lasers to correct?
    I can only speak for myself. It did NOT get worse. It continually got better for me. But I really stuck to the diet and still am.

If it's mites it'll clear up. the only thing you might need laser for is discolored scarring (those raised red things, or very deep lines). If skin's been that beaten up, it does need outside help.

Thanks again ghost. I don't have any scarring or very deep veins just diffuse redness and flushing. I've noticed just in 2 days of using TTO that my skin seems super oily. Usually it is dry if anything so that's a change

Red face

Thanks again ghost. I don't have any scarring or very deep veins just diffuse redness and flushing. I've noticed just in 2 days of using TTO that my skin seems super oily. Usually it is dry if anything so that's a change
    My skin was super dry at first while I still had the damn bugs. Then it just got totally *normal*. So normal that I forget moisturizer after washing. And my skin used to just crack from "dryness".

Since your skin is oily, you can do some other great things with it like using a clay mask a couple of times a week. I use one called Aztec Secrets(s). It comes as powder in a large jar (internet). I hydrate it with organic apple cider vinegar and put it on thickly.

Look out in the beginning: when I first used it my skin would get really blotchy red for hours. But that was BEFORE I killed the surface mites with the tto, borax, etc. Now I can use the mask and come out looking like a normal person.

Thanks for the tip about the clay mask. I've got some apple cider vinegar laying around actually too. How long roughly do you think it was before you had the mites under control? Also, personally do you feel all cases of rosacea are due to demodex or only some cases? I was reason another thread where you had posted Bout the idea of ipl killing them thus giving improvement, until new eggs hatch and things deteriorate again

Thanks for the tip about the clay mask. I've got some apple cider vinegar laying around actually too. How long roughly do you think it was before you had the mites under control? Also, personally do you feel all cases of rosacea are due to demodex or only some cases? I was reason another thread where you had posted Bout the idea of ipl killing them thus giving improvement, until new eggs hatch and things deteriorate again

Under control didn't take long. But I have to hit them now and again to make sure they stay that way.

I cannot say all rosacea is mite-caused. Mine was.

Yes, i feel ipl toasts the surface mites. But unless you get inflammation from underneath under control you're not going to clear up. The inflammation generally comes from the bad modern diet: the grains, the sugars, the preservatives, the pesticides.

I mean that you can actually get the mites "under control" with many regular ipls. But you'll still be inflamed and wonder why your skin is red. It happened to me, and, so, I had an ah-ha (or duh) experience & immediately cold turkeyed on the bad stuff.

Yeah I see. I don't think I've fully given the diet thing a fair shot so will begin tomorrow with no sugar and low low carb and monitor my progress. I usually eat a fair amount of carbs so we will see. I probably wont be beginning ipls until June so perhaps by then I will have more successful treatment without all the inflammation caused by diet.

I think my skin can only handle the TTO soap once a day for now. Been an oily mess with a small breakout since starting. Not sure if this is an indication that it is mites since there has been a reaction or simply my skin not liking TTO

Thanks again ghost