Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rosaliac AR Intense Localized redness intensive serum

Default Rosaliac AR Intense Localized redness intensive serum

Hello,
    this is a new product from La Roche Posay. I have read on a German Rosacea Forum that it has helped some people especially with flushing. They explained that it was cooling, helped with redness but especially with flushing. Apparently it will help within 4 weeks of use. The only product my face tolerates for moisturising is from La Roch Posay "Toleriane Fluid oil free". I really love it. So perhaps this new product will be good for me also. I hope it is not oily , I can't use richer products than the oil free fluid. I will got to the pharmacy on monday and ask if they have any sample. Has anyone here has used this poduct so far?

Best wishes,
    Barbara

http://www.laroche-posay.us/_us/_en/...ar-intense.htm

Rosaliac AR Intense

Localized redness intensive serum

Breakthrough Technology
    ANTI-REDNESS INNOVATION
    Formulated with 3 key ingredients: Ambophenol + Neurosensine + La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water with combined efficacy to help visibly reduce redness and irritation. Calms and soothes redness, restoring skin and leaving it refreshed.

PACKAGING 100% HERMETIC
    Anti-contimanation, anti-oxidation, anti-dry residue and anti-waste.
    Description
    Treatment for sensitive skin prone to redness. Helps reduce visible redness, irritation and discomfort, suitable for rosacea-prone skin.
    Recommended For

• Highly reactive/intolerant skin
    • Redness-prone skin
    • Suitable for rosacea-prone skin

Benefits

• Daily treatment with instant optical neutralization of redness.
    • Cooling and soothing effect on tingling and sensation of heat.
    • 24-hour hydration, leaves skin feeling calm and refreshed.
    • Anti-relapse, long-lasting efficacy.

Key Ingredients

• AMBOPHENOL-A natural extract of the leaves of Tambourissa Trichophylla, a plant found in Madagascar known to calm and soothe rednes.
    • NEUROSENSINE-Helps to reduce skin reactivity and hypersentitivity. Reduces the signs and discomfort associated with skin sensitivity.
    • LA ROCHE-POSAY THERMAL SPRING WATER- Naturally containing a high concentration of Selenium to provide powerful antioxidant protection. Leave skin looking and feeling refreshed and toned.

Other Ingredients:
    water, glycerin, isotearyl neopentandate, butylene gluycol, pentylene glycol, polysorbate 20, tambourissa trichophylla leaf extract, glyceryl acrylate/acrylic acid copolymer, dimethicone, dimethiconol, ammonium polyacryldimethyltauramide/ammonium polyacryloyldimethyl taurate, disodium EDTA, acetyl dipeptide-1 cetyl ester

I just found this on an internetpage of a company (Impag - http://www.impag.de/index.php?id=804) who provides pharma companies with ingredients. This ingredient is one of the main ingredients in the Intensive Serum. The article is in German so I used an internet translation. I hope everything is clear. It is very interesting that they mention Dr. Gallos results about cathelicidin. This really sounds interessting. I also found out that the Intense serum seems to be a light gel which you can put under your moisturizer or make up.

AMBORA EXTRACT
    The active ingredient is obtained from the leaves Ambora Tambourissa-trichophylla the plant from the high plateaus of Madagascar. Traditionally, the extract for healing scars and oral disinfection is used. As lead compounds in the extract, the polyphenols rutin and Nicotiflorin were identified. The extract was tested at a concentration of 0.5% and 0.3% in a placebo-controlled trial in subjects with mild rosacea facial 2x daily for a total of 56 days.

Rosacea literally means "little rose petals." There is redness of the cheeks and nose. In the further course, intensify the irritation and inflammation to occur with pustules. The exact reasons for the development of rosacea are unknown. It is assumed that a tendency to increased skin blood flow, followed by a dilation of small veins in the face.

It was found after 28 and after 56 days of application, a significant improvement of skin redness in the facial area (visual assessment). With the help of laser-Doppler measurements showed a reduction of microcirculation after 28 and 56 days to determine.

In-vitro tests show an inhibition of prostaglandin E2 synthesis. PGE2 is one of the mainprostaglandine, which is involved in the inflammatory process. It increases vascular permeability (tissue swelling), at the origin is the redness involved and amplifies the pain. Furthermore, the AMBORA EXTRACT inhibits in vitro studies, the distribution of inflammatory messenger interleukin-1a. The drug shows dose-dependent reduction of VEGF (Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor). This factor is involved in angiogenesis. Dermatologists have discovered that people with rosacea released higher amounts of cathelicidin (R. Gallo, Nature Medicine 2007; doi: 10.1038/nm1616). Cathelicidin is an integral part of the body's immune defenses. For AMBORA EXTRACT was a modulation of the cathelicidin-formation are shown. The extract is suitable for people with skin redness and sensitive skin, and for cosmetic care of skin affected by rosacea.

AMBORA EXTRACT

INCI: Tambourissa trichophylla Leaf Extract

Appearance: Orange powder

Total polyphenols: 15-45%

Preservation: No

Application concentration: 0.3-0.5%

Very interesting!!! I just started using it the other day. No change so far but i will keep going!

Hi snuffleupagus,

I started using it yesterday. It's nice on the skin. Just gel, non oily. It leaves a little shine on the skin though. Hope it will help us. It is kind of expensive but you really only need a tiny amount to smear the whole face.

Best wishes,
    Barbara

any updates from you ? read some pretty good news on a german rosacea board

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    I just found this on an internetpage of a company (Impag - http://www.impag.de/index.php?id=804) who provides pharma companies with ingredients. This ingredient is one of the main ingredients in the Intensive Serum. The article is in German so I used an internet translation. I hope everything is clear. It is very interesting that they mention Dr. Gallos results about cathelicidin. This really sounds interessting. I also found out that the Intense serum seems to be a light gel which you can put under your moisturizer or make up.
    I did a pubmed / infotrac search from Tambourissa trichophylla / ambora and can't find anything. This might be great for rosacea, but I can't find a single published study on it.

I am interested in how you guinea pigs are doing though..?

I just found this patent that claims that topical Tambourissa plant extract inhibits cathelicidin production. This appears to be the patent for La Roche's Rosaliac AR Intense gel or their AMBOPHENOL-A extract. Still not sure why there aren't any actual peer-reviewed studies on this extract?

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2012/0009290.html

Quote Originally Posted by downbythebay View Post

I am interested in how you guinea pigs are doing though..?

Me too! Thinking of trying this but is there any positive news

Sorry for not sending updates earlier. It's too early for me to say anything about longterm results of this product as I stopped using it. It is not because the product is not good but because of laziness and forgetting to use the product...undisciplined - I know I know, this is one of my bad habits . I apologize as I know some of you are really interested in the results - I will start using the product today again!

What I can tell so far: The gel is very nice on the skin. It is cooling for some time, perhaps 10-15 minutes. I did put it on when I had a flush and it was almost the same feeling as when I cool down a flush with thermal spring water in a can. It is absolutely non oily. You really only need a tiny amount of gel to cover the whole face. If you put on to much than once the gel is dried on your face it will leave a shiny look. So in the morning I only used a tiny amount, in the evening i used it generously as it really feels very refreshing and moisturizing on the skin. It makes the skin nice and soft without any irritation, burning or other bad feeling. It is not drying-out the skin. I have very oily skin though. I can really recommend using it as a moisturizer.

As I stopped using it after about 2 weeks I really can't say something about long term effects and its effect on flushing. But as I said, I will start the trial again.

Best wishes,
    Barbara

I started to use Rosaliac Ar serum about 3 weeks ago.
    After more than two weeks my nose started to turn from red to normal.
    After 3 weeks my skin is so good that Today I went for shopping without Makeup. Normally I never leave the house without Makeup.

But after more than 20 years with Rosazea I also know that my Rosazea tends to be better in spring and summer. So probably it was not only the Serum which improved the redness but also the warmer temperatures outside.