Thread: Trigger reaction time

Default Trigger reaction time

hey All

Sorry for bombarding with questions.
    When someone reacts to a trigger how long does it take to start flushing?
    Lets say sun exposure; if I'm out in the sun I won't flush, but once I come inside after an hour outside I'll have a flush.
    Same with stress, I won't flush all day whils't at work but when I finish and come home I'll have a flush and the redness stays for bloomin ages.

I think I have linked mine to the endocrine system, I react to stress, exercise and overheating.....
    What I don't understand though is why I won't flush during but only flush after finishing, like my body is trying to release the heat once finished.
    I have read through the forums and other sites and found that rosacea sufferers have a burning or itching sensation when having a flush.
    I go beet red for ages, I get a swollen nose tip....but I only feel hot, nothing else.

Other ppls opinions would be appreciated.
    Rob

Hi, sometimes I will flush immediately lets say, when I am stressed....sometimes I can lets say drink alcohol, I will sometimes flush immediately, or I will flush the next morning, sometimes I can do weight lifting and not flush at all, other times I will. Sometimes I can sit at the computer and feel a flush coming on, other times it wont. So I really can't make heads or tails out of this flushing. All I know is that in the sun, whether I feel it flush or not, I am like a freaking "tomatoe"!!! Heat is not my friend at all......

First off there are two kinds of triggers, (1) rosacea flare up triggers, and (2) flushing triggers. While many confuse flushing with rosacea, you must remember that flushing is a sign/symptom of rosacea, just like redness is a sign/symptom of rosacea. Not all rosaceans report flushing. Flushing is usually the telltale differentiating sign of rosacea but not always. There are many who are obsessed with avoiding flushing but you should remember that not every flush will produce a rosacea flare up. A rosacea suffer could simply flush or blush and it subsides and no rosacea flare up ensues. However, many do report that flushing aggravates their rosacea and experience a rosacea flare up. Actually the more important trigger to avoid is a rosacea flare up trigger. For more info.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi

Default Need to define what people mean by flushing

i used to regard a bit of redness or pink as flushing , now as im 80% always sligthy red i dont regard this as a flush. With spider veins and fragile blood vessels any bit of stress, heat etc will give me a slight background redness. i dont call this a flush anymore but just slight residual/background redness. For me to classify it as a flush the face must feel somewhat warm and then if only warm for a few minutes i regard this as a mild flush, medium would be for c. 15 mins flush with slight burning feeling , ie during meeting at work due to stress and strong flush 30 mins plus would for me be when say drinking alchool and get a good old burning feeling in face.

When i first started to get rosacea i didnt really flush much but overtime and due to bad ipl i flush alot more now as facial blood vessels are weaker. Maybe Brady (if not already done) could if he has time put at the top of the relevant section one of those highlighted messages what a flush is medically described as if any one would think this would be useful?

Quote Originally Posted by dryfairskin View Post
    i used to regard a bit of redness or pink as flushing , now as im 80% always sligthy red i dont regard this as a flush. With spider veins and fragile blood vessels any bit of stress, heat etc will give me a slight background redness. i dont call this a flush anymore but just slight residual/background redness. For me to classify it as a flush the face must feel somewhat warm and then if only warm for a few minutes i regard this as a mild flush, medium would be for c. 15 mins flush with slight burning feeling , ie during meeting at work due to stress and strong flush 30 mins plus would for me be when say drinking alchool and get a good old burning feeling in face.

When i first started to get rosacea i didnt really flush much but overtime and due to bad ipl i flush alot more now as facial blood vessels are weaker. Maybe Brady (if not already done) could if he has time put at the top of the relevant section one of those highlighted messages what a flush is medically described as if any one would think this would be useful?
    Medline Plus Dictionary definition of flush.

Mediline Plus Dictionary definition of blush.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi