Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Tea Tree Oil?

Smile

Here is a progress report on using the nightly TTO treatment. A little under three weeks has passed, and three to five more weeks to go. The second week, the papules increased - a couple dozen on my cheek, with red blotches. I also noticed that spider veins appeared where there were none before on both cheeks. But now, at day 19, the papules have disappeared and the skin is flat. Some of the spider veins have also disappeared. The redness has changed to a soft pink on both cheeks. It is looking so much better.

Whoops, a correction to my previous post. There were about 14 or so papules on one cheek, and one on the other cheek.

Excellent ezekiel! Thanks for the progress report.

Great you got good results, Ezekiel! Keep us updated on how it goes! Did your skin ache when you first started using the TTO? I tried it for five days but had to quit because my face turned all red and my nerves/muscles in the face became much more tense. But maybe I should have just held on to it a little longer.

From your description it sounds like you have subtype 2. Has anyone with neurogenic Rosacea or subtype 1 had any success in treating the mites? I'm pretty sure I have the neurogenic kind and TTO doesn't seem to be as effective for that subtype, or am i wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Jossan View Post
    Great you got good results, Ezekiel! Keep us updated on how it goes! Did your skin ache when you first started using the TTO? I tried it for five days but had to quit because my face turned all red and my nerves/muscles in the face became much more tense. But maybe I should have just held on to it a little longer.

From your description it sounds like you have subtype 2. Has anyone with neurogenic Rosacea or subtype 1 had any success in treating the mites? I'm pretty sure I have the neurogenic kind and TTO doesn't seem to be as effective for that subtype, or am i wrong?
    Hi Jossan. I didn't feel any skin aches or burning when I first started using this concentration of TTO. The parts of my face that had the Rosacea got worse at first (more redness, more papules, more spider veins), and the other parts of my face that were not affected by the Rosacea were not impacted at all. Yes, I guess subtype 2: redness on my cheeks (like blushing), p & ps that come and go, blotches of red, and spider veins. The hardest thing to get used to is the smell—it is quite strong. Am continuing to see clearer skin.

@Jossan, I was just reading up a little on the subtypes. I think I had subtype 1 initially back in February of this year. I remember my cheeks burning and blushing. Then it seemed to progressively worsen to subtype 2.

Thanks for your replies, Ezekiel! Is your skin still improving?

Progress report for day 25. Was seeing new papules pop up a few days ago in different places than the usual right cheek area (e.g. right jawline, left cheek, left side of chin). One of them itched. Now the papules are almost gone. Left cheek looks almost normal with a slight blush and some spider veins. Right cheek is smooth but has blotchy looking areas of red or pink, overall in an area 2 inches long by 1 inch wide. Some spider veins there. Progress has been kind of slow there, but at this point it looks like the skin is healing and the texture has improved (smooth, soft). Today it was looking less red. The other parts of my face continue to look clearer every day. The normal porcelain color everywhere else on my face has come back (it was looking kind of overly pigmented). I was experiencing increased blushing on both cheeks that has now gone away. I read that things start to really look better around the fourth week. It definitely has been a "get worse before it gets better" kind of thing, but I'm starting to see the good fruit!

Day 27. Each day, more improvement! Right cheek redness continues to lessen.

Quote Originally Posted by ezekiel View Post
    Day 27. Each day, more improvement! Right cheek redness continues to lessen.