Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tea Tree Oil?

Quote Originally Posted by dora View Post
    ...but i haven't gotten sufficiently frustrated with the approach i'm taking to try using reckless dilutions of essential oils.
    I think this is where my reckless abandon is coming in...I am so itchy, I cannot sleep, not even for a moment at night. It is so strong, I sit and just scratch, especially my scalp, for hours, continuously. And it's not just my scalp, it's my face, and I dont' want to scratch my face and cause further damage; pressing on the itch or applying all other products I have don't work (except the mustard, which takes the itch away 100%). And, so, I am lost as to what to do, exactly. I also know I don't want more fissure scars from these things.

I know from veterinary medicine, dogs positive for demodex are not treated once, they receive multiple treatments, but I also know, I would never apply to an animal all the medicines/products I have used since diagnosis 2 weeks ago. So, it's a balancing act, I think. You do what is necessary to combat them without doing more damage in the process. I am just desperate....

I do have a derm follow-up appointment tomorrow which will hopefully help to answer some questions and illuminate the concerns of my multiple product usage. I will definitely leave information once I get it.

Thanks for your guidance and input, I really appreciate it!

i'm sorry you're suffering and desperate.

if the mustard is the only thing that's giving you relief i hope you'll reconsider whether you really want to use risky dilutions of essential oils on your skin. but as i've noted, we all make our own choices, and that's cool as long we keep aware of the risks (and as long as we pass along due warnings to other sufferers, when appropriate). hope you find something soon that works for you long-term.

Hi dora, when you say you avoid sugars including dried fruit does that mean all fresh fruit as well? I'm trying to cut out sugar but I find I eat a lot of fruit in the process.

AmberM, we're all different, but in my case it was dried fruit in particular that i needed to cut out. my skin doesn't mind reasonable quantities of fresh fruit. i always mention the dried fruit because for ages it was my staple dessert - i virtually never ate white-sugar/corn-syrup type sweet stuff - and i never guessed that something that "healthy" could be bad for my skin. but it was.

Smile Getting wonderful results with 1 part TTO to 3 parts almond oil

Quote Originally Posted by Vidvan View Post
    Hello all! I'll cut a long story short. I got diagnosed with Rosacea last year (even though i've had it more like 3 years) and was just given a bit of paper and told there was nothing I could do. So, like most of us, I've tried everything imaginable but recently seen lots of threads about Demodex mites and killing them off. All I'm asking is for some inforation regarding TTO and what percentage, product I should use.

Cheers, James.
    Dear James,

I've been suffering with Rosacea for the past nine months (redness, spider veins, p & p on both cheeks of my face). It would be worse in the morning, was worse on the cheek that I slept on, and heat would increase it. My skin is very fair and sensitive. I did try all kinds of diet changes, used only natural shampoos and conditioners with no parabens, and avoided any warm or hot water near my face. These changes had no impact, and it was just getting worse. Having read about using tea tree oil, I found an Australian web site which gave the following instructions. I've been doing this so far for 1 week and already the p & p are gone, my skin is smooth, and the redness is greatly decreasing. My face looks so much better already with five more weeks to go! Here is the regimen:

Each night for six weeks:
    1. Wash your face. I'm using an all natural clear soap.
    2. Apply all over the face a mixture of 1 part 100% tea tree oil with 3 parts almond oil. (I made a batch of 1 Tbsp TTO and 3 Tbps almond oil and keep it in a glass jar). I spread this all over my face except for under my nose (due to the smell) and under my eyes. I don't feel any reaction at all with this concentration of TTO and oil. This is considered to be a mild, every day use concentration.
    3. Leave on overnight and wash your face in the morning.

Once a week:
    1. Wash your face.
    2. Apply all over the face a mixture of 1 part 100% tea tree oil with 1 part almond oil, avoiding under the eyes and nose. (I made a batch of this and keep it in a glass jar.) Apply sparingly the first time to see how your skin will react.
    3. Leave on overnight and wash your face in the morning.

The first five days, it got worse with an increase in the p&ps and redness just in the areas where the Rosacea was (the other parts of my skin looked better). But others had said to be patient and that it will get worse before getting better. Now after seven days, it is already better than it has been in the past 9 months. Hope this helps. I'll write a progress update after some more time passes. I wish I had known about this months ago!

Ezekiel, Im doing nearly the same as you, also with nice progress, only difference is Im using Emu oil instead of almond oil.

This took my dry itchy flakiness away, and a lot of the p&ps but not yet all.
    Cindy

That's wonderful, Bokkie.

13 days into the treatment now (of the recommended 6 to 8 weeks). Have been seeing more p & p's over the past week, hopefully because the mites have burrowed themselves into the pores and died. What was a large red blotch has changed into just being red where the p's are. I haven't seen any adverse reaction to this level of TTO, and my skin is getting nicely moisturized from the Sweet Almond Oil. Optimistic...

I think my question is better off in this thread:

Where would one buy TTO in Germany? Just order it on amazon and mix yourself or go to a pharmacy and have them prepare a ready-made ointment? I don't want to overdose on it and look even worse afterwards...

@bmn

In South Africa, I get Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Oil from most health shops and big pharmacies in the health section.
    But I believe you will be able to get lots of different manufacturers, just make sure its 100%.

Start with very little, see how you react to it and work your way up from there.
    Its quite a strong smell to get used to...
    Cindy

Yea it's sold as an etheric oil over here and seems to be generally 100% but idk if I can trust every retailer to sell the genuine thing, and prices vary widely... I'm thinking I might be better off with a pharmacy product, just not sure what to tell them.