Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Tea Tree Oil?

My TTO treatment update: First 3 weeks my papules had disappeared but this past week my skin has turned really bad. Lumps on each cheek seemed to appear from nowhere one morning. I am hoping this is a case of getting worse before getting better again. Skin is in bits but will keep putting on tea tree oil because 3 weeks of the treatment had helped my skin.

I mix TTo with coconut oil 50/50. I don't use it EVERY night because I think the coconut oil makes me break out (blocks pores).

I mainly use the mixture because I often apply a turmeric and honey mask which has an exfoliating effect when I remove it at night. My skin can get a bit inflamed from the scrubbing so the TTO/coconut oil is to relieve that a little.

Whether I ever had demodex is unclear. I mentioned it a GP last year and she pulled a face as if to dismiss my idea.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.

When I had problems with sweating I used tea tree oil to control my flare ups. I applied tea tree oil to my face, followed by povidone Iodine and then rubbed a zinc cream into it. It felt so cooling and refreshing. It helped my flare ups a lot.

Update on my TTO treatment!

- As I stated in my last post my skin had flared up and p&ps reappeared for a week but I still persisted with putting tea tree oil and coconut oil on my face every night.

-The past few days p&ps have significantly reduced, I just have one small lump on my right cheek. The itchiness has subsided and my face isn't as red.

Despite my one week of a breakout I am really trusting the TTO treatment. Delighted with my skin this week

Can someone recommend a tto shampoo/body wash? I want one already mixed. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sham View Post
    Can someone recommend a tto shampoo/body wash? I want one already mixed. Thanks.
    Thursday plantation tea tree oil shampoo is quite good and I use it as a body wash.

Paul Mitchell do a tea tree oil soap bar that you can use for the whole body.

If you have a particular infestation of mites you will probably need to use a more concentrated form of tea tree oil, however - e.g. almond oil and Thursday plantation tea tree oil in a ratio of 4:1 or 3:1. That's what I use on my face. But on the rest of my body where there is less evidence of mites causing a problem I use the shampoo or soap bar, rather than pure tea tree oil with almond oil.

thanks!

Refresh and clean your face with Nyassa Tea Tree Oil Face Wash, This SLS, SLES and Paraben free (free from harsh chemicals) face wash is extremely gentle on your skin every time you use it. It cleanses your skin and clears clogged pores without snatching away the natural moisture. This must-have face care product is perfect for normal to oily skin types. The Tea Tree Extracts with its strong cleansing properties is apt for oily skin. It banishes acne and blemishes by keeping your skin clean. Tea Tree Oil also helps in soothing dry flaking skin. The Green tea Extracts are known for their removing toxins from the skin and acts as a natural cleanser. The alluring herbal fragrance refreshes you with every wash. Get this face cleanser and bid adieu to dull and tired skin!

^ sounds like a marketing description.