Thread: nicotine causes seb derm , dead sea salt cures seb derm

Default nicotine causes seb derm , dead sea salt cures seb derm

I have seb derm and rosacea , whenever i smoke or take nicorette my face goes slightly pink to red and if combined with other triggers such as heat or stress it goes to to a full flush often, if i stay away from smoking/nicorette skin alot better up to 80-90 percent. will still flush if stressed or in a a room to warm though but that could be from overall damage to skin blood vessels.

anyway there is an article in a dermtalogy magazine from bernard sudan linking nicotine to seb derm. im not sure if it is the same person but there is a blog called bernardsudan.net , its french but google translates it to english. in it he mentions the use of dead sea salt and questions the theory of seb derm been cuased by fungal infection.

just wondering if any smokers out there feel smoking makes things worse to a noticeable extent or had benefit using dead sea salt?

M

Quote Originally Posted by dryfairskin View Post
    ................ or had benefit using dead sea salt?

M
    After trying just about everything else in the pharmacy and grocery, I use sea salt (not from Dead Sea though). It is convenient, cheap, odorless, non-irritating, exfoliating, seems anti-bacterial, etc. Not a cure yet as far as I have used it for three months but it immediately (in minutes) gives an improved look and slows down the flaking. This is quicker and less messy than honey, oil, etc. and can be left on all day and night. As part of the threory of this treatment, I avoid any cosmetics and soaps that contain oil or fat base. My natural facial oils seem to be enough.