Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kill demodex instantly. New discovery!

TravelinTrace:

So glad to hear that the mustard is working out for you! I did it one time, but suffered a severe allergic reaction to the fumes created by the mustard and the shampoo I was using while shut in the bathroom taking a shower! It wasn't inherently toxic as my cat was fine. Just a personal allergy, unfortunately.

BUT, I did notice that my itchies went away entirely. Also, it's funny but I have a rash on my face that kinda 'spread out' after I did this. Almost as if the bugs were trying to find another home after the one they were in was rather inhospitable. Sadly I only did it that one night due to the allergic reaction (and so still have my rash), but if I'm careful and have the fan on and the door open while taking a shower, I might try it again with a different shampoo or make my own. I do have to say that the lack of itchies on my scalp, face and body was very satisfying.
    Current skincare regime for rosacea subtypes I, II and IV started March, 2012:

*Strict diet. No dairy, wheat, sugar, nuts/seeds, legumes. Only meat, 'safe starches', and low-phenol starchy/unstarchy fruits and veggies and water with ghee, lard and duck fat as cooking aids and sources of fat. Also avoiding food intolerances.
    Supplementing with raw food multivitamin, liquid zinc sulfate with copper, epsom salt baths (magnesium sulfate), calcium and vitamin C. Lots of water!

Default Can you put the dry mustard in shampoo and lotion?

I am willing to try anything at this point....can you mix the dry mustard in with shampoo and lotions? I just don't want to go bald in the process!

Quote Originally Posted by meridiantoo View Post
    I am willing to try anything at this point....can you mix the dry mustard in with shampoo and lotions? I just don't want to go bald in the process!
    for your head, you put it into conditioner. But not crap conditioner. Get something by Aubrey at the health food store. Recipes are at earthclinic. go to the mites section and enjoy ;-)
    "It's all illusion anyway."

Hi,

I know very little of demodex mites. I do remember asking my doctor about mites in my stubble /hair follicles and they just wrote it off as nonsense.

However, having read this thread and some of the links you guys have put up I'm willing to give this a go. I'm trying not to get my hopes up though, as I always do and im always disappointed. I can relate to having am itchy face, scalp, eye-brows and now wonder if demodex mites are causing my rosacea.

I'll add it to the list of things to try. I'm currently trying an Obagi product but I feel it's making my rosacea slightly worse rather than better :-(

Quote Originally Posted by maroon5 View Post
    Hi,

I know very little of demodex mites. I do remember asking my doctor about mites in my stubble /hair follicles and they just wrote it off as nonsense.

However, having read this thread and some of the links you guys have put up I'm willing to give this a go. I'm trying not to get my hopes up though, as I always do and im always disappointed. I can relate to having am itchy face, scalp, eye-brows and now wonder if demodex mites are causing my rosacea.

I'll add it to the list of things to try. I'm currently trying an Obagi product but I feel it's making my rosacea slightly worse rather than better :-(
    People docs don't believe in mites, but my vet does. I imagine vets spend more time studying parasites.

G

Default Vets do know demodex exist

I am new to this site and have been trying to learn what I can from you guys. I am a registered/licensed vet tech and we do know these critters. They are common in dogs, though it's usually a different species of demodex that affects them, and they are hard to diagnose often and can be hard to treat. If you have these mites and have dogs in your home, it's wise to have them examined, though the species of mite is USUALLY different, because the one I have is the canine species, not the human species of demodex, so it is possible for them to go to humans. My vet and dermatologist are both stumped by this. They occur naturally in the environment, but they are usually kept at bay by your immmune system, or your dog's immune system.

I don't have pets myself but my parents do and I do love dogs. I have thought my itchiness was worse a few times while at, and occasionally staying overnight at, my folks. I could be being totally gullable here and buying into another possible cure, but that is true.

I've had rosacea for well over 5 years now, so might it be possible that IF this was the cause of my rosacea, if I got rid of them they might stay away? Or if they exist on everyone, if controlling their numbers might the problem stay away for good?

Quote Originally Posted by maroon5 View Post
    I don't have pets myself but my parents do and I do love dogs. I have thought my itchiness was worse a few times while at, and occasionally staying overnight at, my folks. I could be being totally gullable here and buying into another possible cure, but that is true.

I've had rosacea for well over 5 years now, so might it be possible that IF this was the cause of my rosacea, if I got rid of them they might stay away? Or if they exist on everyone, if controlling their numbers might the problem stay away for good?
    Mind, I was not saying you can get demodex from animals. I simply do not know. My point was that people docs deny the very existence of human demodex, while my vet knows they exist (and feels, like many of us do, that the denial by human derms is just to bring in the bucks since things like ivermectin, borax, etc., cost pennies, and not handled by big pharma, and are effective against demodex on human skin).

well i bought borox in my pharmacy a few years back (the pharma type) and put a small amount of borox in water and drank the water throughout the day.I also applied some to my face, mixed with water but it didnt appear to help.I only suffer from diffuse redness on cheeks and nose.I dont have any itching but my face can burn.I do have redness in eyes that can itch.I also have a dog and cat.Has anyone taken borox internally or applied topicially had success?I might give it a go again and see what happens.

Default Demodex positive and discouraged

I have been up all night, super itchy, no relief and no benadryl in the house, and I found this thread trying to find another way to combat these nasty critters. I have not yet tried the mustard attack, but I plan to tomorrow night after my nightly soak/shower.

Trace ~

Thanks for your detailed dilution formula and explanation...this will give me some guidance tomorrow night.

Christine ~

Thank you for posting this thread! I am horribly itchy and desperate for some relief.

I will also post my experience/progress with the mustard.