Thread: Duration of swelling after vbeam perfecta?

Default Duration of swelling after vbeam perfecta?

Hi all!....I'm very new to the board, and it's my first time post (actually my first time posting to any board on the net ever) I had the vbeam perfecta yesterday for the first time to get rid of some broken capillaries on my cheeks. It went well, and now my cheeks are swollen so it looks like I'm a hamster LOL! I was wondering for those members that have had this procedure with no bruising and had swelling, how long did it take for your face swelling to go away, and return to it's normal smooth appearance?

Thanks so much in advance for any responses!

Hi again. I just responded to your question in the other thread but long story short, the swelling lasts from a few days to a few weeks depending. Try to sleep raised a bit (propped up on pillows) and you should see improvement each day. I hope you have great results and speedy healing.

Best,
    Melissa

I second everything missy posted. Try to take it easy and keep your head raised.

how did the treatment go?

My treatment went great...... It took about 5 days for the swelling to fully go down, and the broken capillaries on my cheeks were really diminished by about half. I had the second vbeam treatment yesterday, and I'm a bit more swollen under the eyes this time, since they missed a few of the capillaries really high up on my cheeks last time, she went a bit higher with the laser. The good news is my skin tone looks great. Most of the broken capillaries are gone. This time the derm gave me a cortisone shot, and put me on prednisone for about 5 days. I can tell it's helping with the swelling. I had the vbeam perfecta. I didn't have any bruising with either treatment, only swelling. I kind of look like a chipmunk, LOL. I'm still icing under my eyes and cheeks since it helps with the swelling. The results are great! And an added bonus I noticed after the treatments is my skin texture looks a bit smoother.