Thread: Skin temps

Default Skin temps

I thought I would start a thread about the temperature of or skin and flushing. As you flush your temperature of your skin will increase. If you are trying to see what makes you flush(foods,activities, emotion) it's important to know what your skin temp was before you test yourself. Now let's say you want to know if you will be triggered by drinking milk. You might of always had a small trigger from milk without knowing it, and it builds up over time time you have a big flush that you can feel and see. Sometimes you can have a flush and not even know it because you can feel or see it. So if you are about to start the long road of what foods make you flush you need to know if you are truly flushing or if it just feels like you are.

I remember when I got my first ipl. Way back when 10yrs ago. I use to think the right side of my face flushed more than my left. And even to this day when I flush it feels like the right side flushes more. But it doesn't. The left side of my face is always around a 1/2 degree warmer.I asked my doctor why and he said it's because of the sun damage caused by driving. The sun damaged the vessels on the left side of my face(wish I would have worn sun block).

Now this is what I recommend. Buy a baby skin thermometer so you can check you skin temp before and after you eat.they are very accurate down to .01 degrees. Check you temp in the areas where you flush first and than after you eat.check yourself 5,15,30 minutes after you eat to see if your temp goes up this can be done on your lunch break at work. But remember you need to check your temp first so you have something to compare it to.I just think if you are going to go thru all the trouble of seeing what makes you flush you need to know of you are actually flushin

Quote Originally Posted by V70r View Post
    I thought I would start a thread about the temperature of or skin and flushing. As you flush your temperature of your skin will increase. If you are trying to see what makes you flush(foods,activities, emotion) it's important to know what your skin temp was before you test yourself. Now let's say you want to know if you will be triggered by drinking milk. You might of always had a small trigger from milk without knowing it, and it builds up over time time you have a big flush that you can feel and see. Sometimes you can have a flush and not even know it because you can feel or see it. So if you are about to start the long road of what foods make you flush you need to know if you are truly flushing or if it just feels like you are.

I remember when I got my first ipl. Way back when 10yrs ago. I use to think the right side of my face flushed more than my left. And even to this day when I flush it feels like the right side flushes more. But it doesn't. The left side of my face is always around a 1/2 degree warmer.I asked my doctor why and he said it's because of the sun damage caused by driving. The sun damaged the vessels on the left side of my face(wish I would have worn sun block).

Now this is what I recommend. Buy a baby skin thermometer so you can check you skin temp before and after you eat.they are very accurate down to .01 degrees. Check you temp in the areas where you flush first and than after you eat.check yourself 5,15,30 minutes after you eat to see if your temp goes up this can be done on your lunch break at work. But remember you need to check your temp first so you have something to compare it to.I just think if you are going to go thru all the trouble of seeing what makes you flush you need to know of you are actually flushin

DO you recommend a certain brand of thermometer? Is a skin thermometer placed directly on the skin?
    Doug