Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 495

Thread: Demodex Mites. Lots of Questions About Them

  1. #441
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Hi,

    I am really interested in the Demodex mites theory surrounding Rosacea. I currently suffer from perm redness along with intense flushing when exposed to triggers, I do not (touch wood) have any issues with pimples and pustules.

    However from the articles I have read information tends to suggest that an infestation of Demodex mites is only usually present if a Rosacea patient has rough skin, is this correct? Could my Rosacea be possibly caused by Demodex mites?


    Thanks in advance!

  2. #442
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    70

    Default Ltd IV

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Ted, didn't your vet friend recommend ivermectin? You've got the world on a string, there. He can compound ivermectin into an absorbing cream or gel base @ 1.5% for you. Use it 2 weeks at night and Bob's your clear-skinned uncle. (Be funny if your friend's name is Robert.)

    G
    Ghost, is ivermectin safe for human use? My friend has a compounding pharmacy that makes drug compounds for his practice. We are treating a Hyper-Thyroid cat with a drug applied to the inside of her ear that he has made. Just curious about the human safety of ivermectin. Love this site.

  3. #443
    Senior Member Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabranth View Post
    Ted - Glad to hear that you're doing well! Keep posting us on your progress.

    UPDATE:

    (underneath) My right sideburn broke out in redness today (this has not happened in countless weeks).

    Could be one of two things:

    Either the tea tree oil is ridding my skin of the mites/infection, or not...
    Gabranth, might you consider something like this:

    Phythéol Intense Anti-Dandruff Treatment Shampoo

    ?

    Reviews noted that it stops itching, scalp redness; helps SD... sideburns are hair, after all. (Duh! to me) This might get deeper into your follicles where the troubles begin.

    I still use tto on my scalp if I feel the tiniest itch.

    I found this shampoo and used it 2x so far (last time was one week and one different shampoo ago) and I haven't had a single itch. (Don't neglect clean pillow cases every night! There is an end to it.)

    G
    "It's all illusion anyway."

  4. #444
    Senior Member Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,033

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Ghost, is ivermectin safe for human use? My friend has a compounding pharmacy that makes drug compounds for his practice. We are treating a Hyper-Thyroid cat with a drug applied to the inside of her ear that he has made. Just curious about the human safety of ivermectin. Love this site.
    Well, I use it and I haven't started meowing yet. Although my craving for tuna...

    Your compounding pharm friend should be able to make up a delightful cream for you. I had a pet pharmacy chemist make some up for me, too. (Worked same as the ivomec I bought from the farm store -- it's the same stuff. But the compounding cream might be good in case you're allergic to the injectable carrier by some small chance.)

    Excuse me while I attend to my scratching post.

    G


    P.S. from what I read cats are far, far, far more susceptible to ivermectin than humans might be. So, i hope the cat is not getting iver? If kitty has ear mites the best cure is a few drops of body temperature olive oil in the ear. But do it outside or in the bathroom. You put that oil in and the kitty will start shaking her head and all the oil and mite gunk comes flying out. The olive oil drowns the mites. I cured 2 strays this way.

    wash your hands from the iver before touching kitty or any small animals (fish, too).
    Last edited by Ghost; 22nd October 2012 at 07:56 PM.
    "It's all illusion anyway."

  5. #445
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Gabranth, might you consider something like this:

    Phythéol Intense Anti-Dandruff Treatment Shampoo

    ?

    Reviews noted that it stops itching, scalp redness; helps SD... sideburns are hair, after all. (Duh! to me) This might get deeper into your follicles where the troubles begin.

    I still use tto on my scalp if I feel the tiniest itch.

    I found this shampoo and used it 2x so far (last time was one week and one different shampoo ago) and I haven't had a single itch. (Don't neglect clean pillow cases every night! There is an end to it.)

    G
    I have a full beard and have had it get red, rough and break out around the hair line from these mites. I have been considering shaving the beard to further increase the kill rate of the mite. Hard thing to do since I have worn a beard all but seven years of my adult life. Glad that you seem to be headed for remission, it is a good thing. I cannot believe I just spent two weeks in the intense sun of Florida for 6-8 hours a day and no issues. I did wear a sun block spf 50 for 10 days then a spf 15, I am as brown as a bear now.

  6. #446
    Senior Member Brady Barrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Honolulu, HI, USA
    Posts
    4,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabranth View Post
    Ted - Glad to hear that you're doing well! Keep posting us on your progress.

    UPDATE:

    (underneath) My right sideburn broke out in redness today (this has not happened in countless weeks).

    Could be one of two things:

    Either the tea tree oil is ridding my skin of the mites/infection, or not...
    Have you considered letting your skin just heal by itself for a while and not do anything? Sometimes the skin just needs air to heal and no irritating treatments. I think that many bombard their skin with too much and the face just needs to heal for a few days.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

  7. #447
    Senior Member DennyB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northfield, NJ
    Posts
    115
    Country: United States

    Default Re: Demodex Mites. Lots of Questions About Them

    Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Have you considered letting your skin just heal by itself for a while and not do anything? Sometimes the skin just needs air to heal and no irritating treatments. I think that many bombard their skin with too much and the face just needs to heal for a few days.

    Exactly, this has been my feeling for the last few months. Lately I forgo washing my face at night when it is feeling good and calm. Then when it starts to get irritated i wash and apply jojobo and tea tree oil. For me this seams to help with having (for the most part) consistently good feeling skin rather than riding that rosacea roller coaster of irritated/less irritated skin

  8. #448
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    316

    Default Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by roasceaclearwannabe View Post
    Hi,

    I am really interested in the Demodex mites theory surrounding Rosacea. I currently suffer from perm redness along with intense flushing when exposed to triggers, I do not (touch wood) have any issues with pimples and pustules.

    However from the articles I have read information tends to suggest that an infestation of Demodex mites is only usually present if a Rosacea patient has rough skin, is this correct? Could my Rosacea be possibly caused by Demodex mites?


    Thanks in advance!

    At the very inception of my journey, I started out with a UNBELIEVABLY, wickedly uneven texture/roughness beyond compare/sensitivity of the charts/red/tendency to flush all of the time, not matter the circumstances, be that physical strain or sun exposure, et cetera...

    Too bad I have no photos of dating back to this very time.

  9. #449
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    316

    Default Yes...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Gabranth, might you consider something like this:

    Phythéol Intense Anti-Dandruff Treatment Shampoo

    ?

    Reviews noted that it stops itching, scalp redness; helps SD... sideburns are hair, after all. (Duh! to me) This might get deeper into your follicles where the troubles begin.

    I still use tto on my scalp if I feel the tiniest itch.

    I found this shampoo and used it 2x so far (last time was one week and one different shampoo ago) and I haven't had a single itch. (Don't neglect clean pillow cases every night! There is an end to it.)

    G

    Sure, why not... I might give it a shot, though my scalp rarely itches.

  10. #450
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Have you considered letting your skin just heal by itself for a while and not do anything? Sometimes the skin just needs air to heal and no irritating treatments. I think that many bombard their skin with too much and the face just needs to heal for a few days.
    Yes, I did actually let my skin heal for quite some weeks, once I decided not to apply the zz ointment daily anymore (instead every two weeks), for some weeks.
    With each treatment, I experience great results, so stopping now would not be something to consider, in my case.

Similar Threads

  1. Demodex Mites. Lots of Questions About Them
    By birdsing in forum Similar and co-existing conditions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 7th April 2015, 12:12 PM
  2. TTO and demodex mites
    By lucy_nic87 in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11th March 2012, 08:32 AM
  3. IPL and Demodex Mites...
    By mrsmoof in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25th December 2010, 12:14 AM
  4. Demodex Mites?
    By mysweetchester in forum Newbie questions / Introduction
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29th April 2008, 02:55 PM
  5. New from UK and lots of questions
    By Quench in forum Newbie questions / Introduction
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28th July 2006, 02:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •