Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Demodex Mites. Lots of Questions About Them

Default Application Nr. 5

My skin is basically in the same state as it was yesterday. Only 85 days left, heh(!)

I'm interested to see which direction this specific ointment will lead me...

Fingers crossed xxx.

Gabranth,

It is not uncommon for your skin to get worse before it gets better, as with other treatments. However, within a month you should notice improvement. The ZZ cream dries skin. You might need a moisturizer during the day.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Default Application Nr. 6

Thank you for commenting on my blog "Brady Barrows", I really do appreciate it.

The red patch that previously developed on my cheek a few days ago has now faded away...

My skin has become more even (forehead, cheeks and nose), and some of the acne located on my forehead is gone (20%).

Contrary to the good news, my skin is still a tad resistant, and the ointment (to some degree ) do cause a temporary inflammation (at least when it comes to my skin), only a mild one though.

In addition to this, my skin is a bit more red in particular areas.

Throughout the day my skin becomes a bit dry and feels tighter, but nothing serious - as I do not feel the urge to make use of a moisturizer. My daily regimen basically consists of two things: Facial Cleanser + ZZ Ointment (reason being - I do not want to overdo it/push my skin to the limit - ergo: I have very sensitive skin).

I will keep on posting daily, and potentially throw in a few updates throughout the day as well.

If you can let your skin heal during the day and only apply the ZZ cream at night that is a good regimen. My skin is oily so I don't have the problem that those who have dry skin experience when using the ZZ cream. Such dry skin usually requires a moisturizer during the day. Hang in there for at least a month and keep posting your results.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Default Application Nr. 7

My skin's current condition is equal to yesterday's scenario. Still a tad more red, though the evenness has improved, mind you.

Gabranth,

Do you have any facial itching?

I've been following your progress everyday....keep posting!

Thanks!

Default Application Nr. 8 (Day 6)

meridiantoo - Yes, I do indeed have facial itching (kinda feels like something is constantly crawling underneath my skin), especially when the temperature gets too high or when I conduct physical exercise. My skin has not once till this very day
    itched when it comes to frigid temperatures (always has a relaxing effect on my skin).

Application Nr. 8 (Day 6)

Ups: My skin has become thinner/more flattened-out (especially the cheeks), which are good news and a great aid for my -self-consciousness. My acne has not so much vanished, but instead started to even out (no more elevated bumps).

Downs: My skin tone has become more reddish in some areas. Acne/pimples is once again starting to form/develop on my nose… very slight amount. My skin feels tingly/hot/irritated.

Even though the title states: "Application Nr. 8", doesn't necessarily mean "day 8". I now currently find myself on day 6, not 8 (reason being - the first two days I applied the ointment 2x a day).

Can barely wait till' these first couple of weeks are over and out… (No matter the current situation I'd find myself in, I will still persist for a good three months).

Default Application Nr. 9

It has now been a whole week since I first started on the "ZZ Ointment", and so far things are going pretty moderate I'd say. Yes, my skin has indeed overall stepped in to a worse state than before I utilized it, although my skin is already starting to show vague signs of improvement, regarding (especially) my skin-texture. As I've already mentioned in some of my previous posts: (dating a few days back) in some regions of my skin the redness has gotten worse, while other areas it is completely gone (these areas areonly small patches though, mind you). Acne has definitely gone up a notch, in the wrong direction (this is to be/supposed to be expected I guess). I'll try to keep up the same posting-pattern, a daily one... pray be quick.

Default Application Nr. 10 (Day 8)

My skin is dry and flaking. Redness, but no severe skin irritation of any kind (just a slight tingling sensation).
    Condition is still overall worse, including the acne on my forehead and the blackheads on my nose…
    On the other hand, I am seeing some improvement in between these paradoxical drawbacks.
    I am well aware of the fact that there is little to no point in posting daily regarding how good or bad my skin is at the time,
    but I will still keep on doing the same exact thing, so that others can make use of it as a general guideline concerning the
    possible temporary outcome during one's period of undergoing this treatment.

Default Application Nr. 10 (Update)

Seemingly, the the persistent redness on my cheeks is starting to fade away in certain areas.

To soon to tell, perhaps...