Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Demodex Mites. Lots of Questions About Them

Default Photos - Part 3

Default Update...

I just went ahead and applied the ZZ Ointment, and so far all I can say is that it has a stinging/cooling effect on my skin, though it's a wee bit more cooling than stinging (not unpleasant at all). My eyes started to water up the first two minutes, but now (5 minutes later) they are just fine. I applied a very small amount, about 3/4 the size of a regular pea. So far, no irritations, burning or the like...

I will give you guys a daily feedback on my progress, so that means next time will be tomorrow, and the day after that.

Default Application Nr.2

Application Nr. 2: Last night before bedtime, I went ahead and applied the ZZ Ointment, which as stated before was my first application.
    All went well over the night except for a microscopic irritation that ceased after roughly 15 minutes.
    When I woke up (today) my skin was in a calm state, and I now plan on proceeding with this treatment for the next 3 months to come.
    Half an hour ago, I yet again applied a very light dab of cream on the same areas I do every time
    (forehead - acne, temples - redness, cheeks - redness and thickened skin, nose - redness mainly concentrated on nose flaps,
    blackheads, thickened skin and slight acne) and my eyes did not water up the slightest.
    So far so good, though one peculiar thing persist to strike me, and that is:
    the once consistent redness on my nose is starting to divert into small separate patches/spots.
    I myself do not see this as a very ominous sign, although I will keep a steady eye on this very matter.

Next post will be in approximately 9 hours from now.

PS: I live in Norway, meaning - 7 hours of time-difference.

Default Update...

My skin feels a bit hot and uncomfortable, the redness has increased in some regions (mostly cheeks), medium flaking and some black foreign stuff is coming out of my
    nose.

Default Application Nr. 3

Application Nr. 3

Last night I applied the ZZ Ointment, and my skin has now become: very dry/flaky and not too much irritation going on.

Other than that, I'm planning reducing there application of the ZZ Ointment going from twice a day to once (before I go to bed).

Next post will be tomorrow, somewhere around the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabranth View Post
    and some black foreign stuff is coming out of my nose.
    ... do you mean something black is coming out of your nose via your nostrils,
    or emerging from the skin on your nose, or something else??

Default Reply to "dora"...

Hello.

Thanks for reading my "blog" (didn't figure out how to properly set-up one).

Let me venture a guess... the black stuff could indeed be the "blackheads" emerging, though still I find it difficult to ascertain.

Default New website!

I created a new website solely for my blog... Check it out: http://themirrorofdreams.blogspot.com/

It's easier for me to keep track this way, although I will still keep on posting here too.

Default Application Nr. 4

Hello.

Today, I have a few intriguing updates to bring to the table...

My skin is actually quite peculiar I must say, and what I mean by this is:

The redness on the very bottom of my nose and certain areas on my cheeks (underneath actually - I do not know the correct anatomical word fore this) is slowly starting to recede/diminish.

In some areas the redness is completely gone, while in others it's a bit worse than previously (not much though).

I recently figured out that I was being way too sparing/frugal on the amount of cream being applied, so I bumped it up a wee bit - this resulted in watery eyes (which is perfectly normal - hence applying it before going to bed... and by closing your eyes the tearing effect of the ointment isn't a bit bothersome - at least not to me).

The first two days were much worse compared to the presence (third day), although I am expecting it to bring me an ongoing misery for the two first weeks (roughly 10 days left).

The current condition of my skin: On a scale from 1-10, I'd give it a 5 (not the cream... what I mean by this is simply how my skin feels and looks today).

Next post will be tomorrow around the same time.

Default Update...

Yesterday a red rash all of a sudden appeared on the lower-part of my right cheek... but, now it's starting to withdraw (10 hours later).