Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Thread: Demodex Mites. Lots of Questions About Them

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Just thought I would drop a quick note. Things are still mostly good. Started to see a small return and treated again with insecticide successfully. I like to wait until night time shower use an exfoliant then tickle them with some alcohol then apply the insecticide. I then keep up daily with benzyl peroxide to keep the bacteria release under control. Works for me.
    I've been reading your path with interest Ted, because you sound actually quite like me. What has worked best for me is jojoba oil + tea tree oil. The insecticide thing I found it quite scary to put this stuff on your face. What exactly you're using??

By the way, I've been so long with the treatment of jojoba + TTO that I wanted to stop every treatment for a week. First thing that happened was quite a dry face which I already expected and today I have a really itchy and red spot. Does this ever happened to you? Do you relate it somehow with the mites getting excited because they are not attacked by the Tea tree oil anymore??

Best regards!

Hi Ted & Pastorator -

I compiled thoughts on a lot of research I've done on demodex in "MY STORY" post - might be of use to you:

http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...828#post293828

- poodle

I can't imagine that those ugly tarantulas are walking on our faces. I felt really disgusting when I heard it firstly. Anymore I will never think about those tarantulas which made me so depressed.

Demodex treatment didn't work for me. My face is the same before and after the treatment. I am happy for the first time after a treatment doesn't work for me. I can't stand those bastards. Happily no significant demodex on my face

I think demodex is not really harmful for our skin. At least it is not the cause but may aggravate the conditions.

Default Demodex

Quote Originally Posted by pastorator View Post
    I've been reading your path with interest Ted, because you sound actually quite like me. What has worked best for me is jojoba oil + tea tree oil. The insecticide thing I found it quite scary to put this stuff on your face. What exactly you're using??

By the way, I've been so long with the treatment of jojoba + TTO that I wanted to stop every treatment for a week. First thing that happened was quite a dry face which I already expected and today I have a really itchy and red spot. Does this ever happened to you? Do you relate it somehow with the mites getting excited because they are not attacked by the Tea tree oil anymore??

Best regards!
    I read your link and yes you seem to have come to the same conclusions and path. I would call my remission a controlled one not an absolute cure, the mites will return. With all the trials on Ivormectin coming in as a treatment success I just ordered some topical from a Vet supply. The bacterium they carry is also an issue and I believe when you kill the mites you get a brief flair up of pimples. I think that is why sunlight causes flare ups the mites die with long sun exposure releasing large quantities of the bacterium, so avoiding the sun actually helps the mites. I do much work outside in the summer and enjoy boating. My symptoms before I started treating would largly go away in the summer and get worse in the winter.Not sure about the bacteria and Demodex as to which one helps the other but they ar related. I am still doing well my face and nose are almost normal, pores down to what they should be not open craters and my nose has been normal sized also. Good luck and I will post again after a good round of Ivormectin.

Default Demodex

Quote Originally Posted by pastorator View Post

Best regards!
    Forgot to answer the pesticide question Goodwinol, contains Rotonone an organic pesticide from a South American plant root with a very short half life. Can be purchased online from a Vet supplier. I use at my own risk, which I consider very low. Vets use it for sarcoptic mange which is caused by another Demodex species. Ivormectin is also a treatment for this in the Vet world. Glad I found this group.

I am curious - for the people who have used topical insecticides - were you ever on the sulfur solutions that Derms prescribe? I am on that and it seems to be working well - I believe sulfer is a miticide.

So I wonder why the sulfur works for some folks and not others? Or are my results just cosmetic and I should be ordering Ivomec too?

Hi. Please see my posting in "Photos." The demodex were the root cause- in my opinion.
    Hope this helps!

Well after a remission of roscea of my face.

My eye lids have tons of dirt and the eye Dr said its demodex.

I am confused...does everyone have these mites ?

A new study of Demodex, perhaps interesting, haven't read it all myself, yet
    http://www.plosone.org/article/info:...6265#abstract0
    Executive summary:
    Everone has them and they are more common than previously thought.

Rosacea is mentioned, but no conclusion regarding its role:
    All sample collections were performed in Raleigh, NC at either the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences or North Carolina State University. Each participant was gently scraped with a metal laboratory spatula along the creases of the nose and over the surrounding cheek area. The facial habitats were chosen based on their high levels of sebum production and ease of pore expression. In addition, Bonnar et al. (1993) found the greatest abundance of mites in the cheek area among rosacea patients [23].

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    A new study of Demodex, perhaps interesting, haven't read it all myself, yet
    http://www.plosone.org/article/info:...6265#abstract0
    Executive summary:
    Everone has them and they are more common than previously thought.

Rosacea is mentioned, but no conclusion regarding its role:
    All sample collections were performed in Raleigh, NC at either the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences or North Carolina State University. Each participant was gently scraped with a metal laboratory spatula along the creases of the nose and over the surrounding cheek area. The facial habitats were chosen based on their high levels of sebum production and ease of pore expression. In addition, Bonnar et al. (1993) found the greatest abundance of mites in the cheek area among rosacea patients [23].

It's perfectly possible that some kind of sensitivity is what triggers symtoms for a lot of people and that it's not the root cause for rosacea etc. Maybe not even secondary. Sulfur, TT and coconut oil are used for a lot of skin problems, so it's not certain that great results from these is because of a demodex overpopulation and or/allergy.

If demodex is reduced or eliminated, and skin heals, then you will still not know if that was the primary reason. Microbes, fungus must be evaluated at the same time.

My belief is that skin issues must be treated from the inside out. If you got rosacea, then demodex might thrive; if you have seb derm you probably also have a bad gut flora, and so on. To point at one specific thing might be risky, atleast that's what I think.
    Last edited by vaucan; 2nd September 2014 at 03:44 PM.
    Don't Feed the Fungi